Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Am i the only one who cant change NV Goggle Britghtness?

Thought it was a bug, but couldnt find a ticket in DEV Heaven..

Please <<< snip>>

Just wanted to thank you for a great mod (and not wishing to point fingers, cos I am new here (but not to the Arma world) and I know your patience is sometimes tried with inane comments and questions and people not reading readmes...)

Really enjoying the ACE mod and cannot believe the continual improvements, which are simply awesome and utterly welcome!

Thanks again

Nosh.

Edited by NoshDaMinsk

It depends on a lot of factors really. And it is specific to each user, so can't give you even a guest estimate. My FPS is lower by 3 tops with ACE2, but i can say that the code has greatly been improved over ACE1, hence lower strain on both server and client machine.

Without a test, no one would be able to tell you how is gonna work for you (just the same as it is with vanilla A2).

Thanks for your response. I see your point. Sort of like when I go to CanYouRunIt sight and am told I'm not able to run ArmA 2 when I ususally play it for hours.

Am i the only one who cant change NV Goggle Britghtness?

Thought it was a bug, but couldnt find a ticket in DEV Heaven..

page UP & DOWN works for me....

Nosh

eh really?..

cant imagine what the problem is, u updated regulary with six updater...;.-(

Maybe one of the ACE Team Guys got a idea?........

Solved the problem, just deleted CBA and installed new version with six updater=)

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

Hi, did someone else has this bug that the Venom's missing? I have the latest ACE2 version (downloaded an hour ago) but in the official missions and in the editor is no UH1Y. It seems like the ACEX extras are causing it. When i disable them, the bug is gone.
That was a problem a while back in an early build but they had it fixed, unless it popped up again. Strange you've got it in the recent version for sure.

I had the problem also ...but the problem was that the server was running a older version of A.C.E ..so that was fast resolved with the help of sickboy :rolleyes:

Whenver I try to join a server, it says

'ACE has detected a version mismatch between client and server!

Server version: 0.2.204

Client version: 0.1.195

Please get the latest ACE version.

I went into Six updater and did my updates and tried rejoining and it did the same thing. What do I do?

No, this has nothing to do with revive.

If you die and you play a mission with respawn you will respawn again.

And contrary to revive you will not see if a unit is unconscious because they play the same animation like a death unit.

Which doesnt really explain what its supposed to be.

Is unconcious the revivable state instead of writhing on the ground? Are you supposed to become unconcious instead of "dying" all the time?

Or are you saying that revival (whatever you wish to call it) wont be part of the wound system? If that is the case I fail to see the point of it all: when the über AI fire upon you, you generally die (after all we're fighting a well trained army, not ragtag gangs of thugs). The gameplay gains of revival far, far outweighs "realism".

How do i get to my virtual store? I'm not very computer savvy :(

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

EDIT: I found my virtual store but there aren't any arma II or six updater files in it.

Or are you saying that revival (whatever you wish to call it) wont be part of the wound system? If that is the case I fail to see the point of it all: when the über AI fire upon you, you generally die (after all we're fighting a well trained army, not ragtag gangs of thugs). The gameplay gains of revival far, far outweighs "realism".

Well, then don't enable the wounds system and play with revive. It's your choice.

It is not the point of the wounds system to replace revive nor will it ever.

There are groups out there that play completely without respawn (though not public).

Xeno

@Xeno

Thanks for the answers. Waiting for the full Wounds module, would be nice if AI would drag teammates too.

One problem after testing the wounds module: the medic now constantly is running around and trying to heal units. Its almost impossible to keep him in the formation of the own squad.

@Sickboy

Are this mods somehow already included in ACE2:?

- NIM weather

- sakulightfx

- bigmikeairfix

- carglass (single carglass breakable)

- Jon_Editorupdate

- Mando Missile

- FLIR

Im asking this to clean up my mod folders, to avoid double featuring.

Are this mods somehow already included in ACE2:?

- NIM weather

- sakulightfx

- bigmikeairfix

- carglass (single carglass breakable)

- Jon_Editorupdate

- Mando Missile

- FLIR

Im asking this to clean up my mod folders, to avoid double featuring.

None are

wow the ACE thread slipping down almost to page two. Must keep her on page one... we must!

I recently download the ACE 2 mod and am enjoying it but there's one thing that keeps bugging me. Whenever I equip balaclava doesn't show up on my character. I went to user config and edited my name into the fields and it still made no difference. I know they have no real effect on gameplay but it's really annoying to see other people using it and I can't.

@LANCER: Try updating to newer userconfigs (copy new from \@ACE\userconfig and replace old at \userconfig\ACE).

Also, did this issue reappear? http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7122

I wasn't a medic, but an engineer and I was carrying M249, Javelin, and medic supplies in my sidearm ammo slots (no sidearm). (Yes, I know, a wierd combo. I wanted to test stamina (didn't get far).) I don't know if this is a BIS issue, but changing gear at ammo box (Parachute, Javelin) and dropping Javelin would make all the medic supplies drop. I didn't seem to have the issue in 204.

@LANCERZzZz, if you are playing a mission where the character you are playing ISN'T in the name of your profile, you need to put in the name of that character in the identity field for it to work. For instance, if you are playing the SEAL TEAM6 campaigns, then instead of your profile name, you need to put in SPECTER as the name. (player community of the SEAL TEAM 6 campaigns figured this out)

A10 cannon burst lasts way too long (not a fan of having set bursts anyway) it's dangerous for CAS.

b_560x95.png

LagZero.NET ArmA2 Server 1.05 ACE2 is up and running with the lastest ACE Beta. Awesome work by the way, its looking good.

I recently download the ACE 2 mod and am enjoying it but there's one thing that keeps bugging me. Whenever I equip balaclava doesn't show up on my character. I went to user config and edited my name into the fields and it still made no difference. I know they have no real effect on gameplay but it's really annoying to see other people using it and I can't.

You are making something wrong there.

Go into your Arma 2/Userconfig/ACE folder dont Mistake it for @ACE/userconfig folder

If you game is on default Folder: c:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE

Edit:

Give it a try.And be sure to folow step by step and will be working fine.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Googles&Mask_Setup

If you use a Clan Tag, use like this.

class Identity

{

face="Face32";

glasses="None";

speaker="Male03";

squad="http://yourclan/arma2/squad.xml ";

pitch=0.9191637;

name = "[GG]LANCERZzZz";

};

To get those infos of profile, go on:

c:\Users\****\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\LANCERZzZz (or other nick you may use)

Open with notepad and copy the infos.

Edited by jhoson14

Hi guys,

Very new to both Arma 2 and modding in general, but i must say this community, and the work the modding guys put in, really are a shining beacon of humanity!

On topic, Im running the yoma addonsync, latest version of beta 2 from the kellysheroes server.

Has anyone else noticed a big performance hit when compared to vanilla? I created a test map with about 4 vs 4 teams of rifleman on either side of an opening and compared. My FPS tumbled under ACE2 and the cpu activity jumped about +20%!

Is this a known problem? as vanilla runs nicely on my rig with 2.5k vd at high

Yup people have the same "problems". :)

great mod is the first aid systerm working now, as i use the Revive Script

by norrin which is very very good but i like to use the ace first aid module,also if it is how do i active it thanks for your info

SilverBlue: It is possibly the AI since its better or improved over ARMA2 vanilla AI.

However, also remember to DEFRAG your HD's gents after installing a huge mod like ACE. Your HD should be cracked up pretty good after installation.

Another thing that might have been better on my own system is that i shut the SUPERFETCH off while playing. Im new to vista/win7 and especially the superfetch stuff. That thing races my HD to 100% workload now and then (managing files for fast access) and i think it should be shut off automatically when running programs, but i tested to shut it off manually when playing ARMA+ACE and i seem to have gotten back the smoothness again. Tested many times and it feels much better. Dont know if its an illusion, but thats what i do now.

In the end though im sure ACE takes some FPS off since the AI is better. But remember to at least defrag your systems after installing ACE2 - with a good defrag program for best result.