Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Hi, did someone else has this bug that the Venom's missing? I have the latest ACE2 version (downloaded an hour ago) but in the official missions and in the editor is no UH1Y. It seems like the ACEX extras are causing it. When i disable them, the bug is gone.

Hi, did someone else has this bug that the Venom's missing? I have the latest ACE2 version (downloaded an hour ago) but in the official missions and in the editor is no UH1Y. It seems like the ACEX extras are causing it. When i disable them, the bug is gone.

That was a problem a while back in an early build but they had it fixed, unless it popped up again. Strange you've got it in the recent version for sure.

I try opening the six updater and it says its looking for updates, then says 'Updating racks' then it closes, any fix?

I try opening the six updater and it says its looking for updates, then says 'Updating racks' then it closes, any fix?

It may be just that a bunch of people are dl'ing. That doesn't look familiar though so I really can't say.

Please upgrade ACE, CBA and ACEX etc to the latest version. http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2#Installation

Please install the latest version:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater

Otherwise:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

Edit: ty Alex :D

:confused: What?

LOL, ok, my bad, wrong expression maybe, no to be taken literally. I was not refeering to sniping infantry with RPG's but hitting vehicles at long ranges with unguided AT stuff (RPG's, SMAW).

In real life that stuff is quite innacurate, specially RPG-7, but right now you can hit an Stryker as far as from 500m!! With an RPG-7, which is a joke as far as realism goes and makes IFVs and APCs useless.

The spread of these weapons should be highlly increased so they are useless at "long" ranges, these are CQB AT assets (<300m, RPG-7 probably under 100m), not Javelins or Metis.

p.s: funny enough Javelin is more useless at close tange due to problems with targetting w/o xhair, but that's an Arma issue.

In real life that stuff is quite innacurate, specially RPG-7, but right now you can hit an Stryker as far as from 500m!! With an RPG-7, which is a joke as far as realism goes and makes IFVs and APCs useless.

Just because you can hit stuff at long range doesnt mean its easy. At 500m your target will be at the bottom part of the scope and the slightest sway can set it off. I have hit vehicles with the smaw spotting at that range, only to instantly switch to rocket and have it miss pretty bad. Have I hit vehicles? Of course. But not every time.

Firing your AT at long range is always a gamble and personally I've found it a waste to even attempt it over 300m. Most of my rockets miss even at that range.

Cross why don't you put back .rsync directories in latest ACE2 Kelly Heroes update. It could be useful to use six-updater if your servers might broken again....

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

another question... Why CBA version are different from six-updater to kelly heroes? I mean... after downloading update from kelly heroes and then running six-updater CBA update seems to change some file...:confused:

Edited by MARBESSI

Cross why don't you put back .rsync directories in latest ACE2 Kelly Heroes update. It could be useful to use six-updater if your servers might broken again....

I've taken it off to save from unnecessary traffic. It just doubles the upload & download.

There are enough resources atm to have continuous YAS service

If I add it, you'll need to download 800MB data. Actually you'll be better off if you delete everything and re-download thru sixupdater.

So no point in adding .rsync folders

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks for the reply. So you have been able to order an AI medic to heal a team member? If so, that's great to hear. I can't wait to check it out when I get home. I really like the ACE2 wound system much more then the BIS one, though the BIS one does the trick. My missions just don't feel complete with the ACE2 wound system active, I look forward to being able to activate it.

Thanks again. Let me know how those tests work out.

So after some testing...I used the ACE wound system only, none of the BIS ones.

-AI medics do heal injured (conscious) infantry, whether or not in the same group, reaction is slower a bit of course; with or without Support WP in the editor;

-I can order my AI medic to any friendly injured (conscious) to heal;

-for some reason if I play as medic, I cannot heal AI units;

-unconscious AI is not recognized by AI medics, therefore they don't heal them (I assume same case with unconscious players);

-in medic role I cannot heal or check status of the unconscious AI;

-I cannot check the health status of any AI.

Another things that I'm not sure is because of ACE, maybe BIS done it that way:

-MASH and Ambulance vehicles cannot be used for healing, even when I add a support WP for an ambulance. However I find it realistic, and I think it should be kept, only the crew should include on or two medics with them, so we can use them as support.

-MA

another question... Why CBA version are different from six-updater to kelly heroes? I mean... after downloading update from kelly heroes and then running six-updater CBA update seems to change some file...:confused:

They are exactly the same when I compare thru YAS.

Make sure you do "delete extra files" after syncing. Maybe SU deletes some extra files. ;)

I suggest you use one method only. Pick whatever you feel most comfortable with and stick to it.

Ok Cross... no replies on that. I'll keep downloading from kelly heroes...

Does ACE support loading ammo crates into vehicles? I think SLX mod had something like that. There have been many occasion where I needed to do that.

Hey, just wanted to mention the Nightvisionbug again [you cant change brightness and stuff] i know its allready on dev-heaven, would be cool if the Fix make it in the next update:)

-AI medics do heal injured (conscious) infantry, whether or not in the same group, reaction is slower a bit of course; with or without Support WP in the editor;

-I can order my AI medic to any friendly injured (conscious) to heal;

-for some reason if I play as medic, I cannot heal AI units;

-unconscious AI is not recognized by AI medics, therefore they don't heal them (I assume same case with unconscious players);

-in medic role I cannot heal or check status of the unconscious AI;

-I cannot check the health status of any AI.

AI medic handling is currently realized as a FSM, means AI medics check their environment for units with a specfic state (ACE internally) from time to time. Though the chances are higher if you order an AI medic to a wounded or unconscious unit that he will treat that unit.

AI medics only "heal" other units if they have bandages, morphine and epinephrine.

No magic healing, not for AI and not for players, this is completely removed when the wounds module is placed.

What you need is epi, morphine and bandages and a working interaction key.

-MASH and Ambulance vehicles cannot be used for healing, even when I add a support WP for an ambulance. However I find it realistic, and I think it should be kept, only the crew should include on or two medics with them, so we can use them as support.

Correct. Like above, when the wounds module is placed magic healing is completely disabled for all medics (AI or player, doesn't matter) and for all other objects that have the same ability in vanilla ArmA 2 (mash, MH60...).

Xeno

@Xeno

How can I enable the Wounds module to work by default? To get it to work with all missions?

Argh still no Bradley AP round impact sounds.

Good update though. :)

@Ville89

The space after the // marks didnt make a difference, the crosshairs are remain disabled. //#define ACE_NOCROSS with or without spaces still produces crosshairs even on recruit, or regular difficulty settings.

Am I missing somthing or could this perhaps be a bug?

Is editing this config working for others who wish to enable the crosshairs?

Thanks,

Mike.

Question: With "unconscious" in terms of the wound module, are we talking about revival?

Just wondering, cause in missions that do have the wound module enabled (obvious effects when you get hurt) I've simply died and respawned. I'm really not seeing the effects of this module.

You can revive with the ace module, use epipens. But the BIS guys made a mistake in their buttons list.

They switched right and left windowskey. key numbers are 219 and 220, if you change them in your userconfig to tthe other number you will have the left win key for the menue, as planned from the ace devs, because they mapped the left key in their config but used the number from the right one.

Edited by Pain0815

How can I enable the Wounds module to work by default? To get it to work with all missions?

Not yet.

Once the new implementation is done then it will be activated by default (this will take some time, the current implementation was done really quick).

Question: With "unconscious" in terms of the wound module, are we talking about revival?

No, this has nothing to do with revive.

If you die and you play a mission with respawn you will respawn again.

And contrary to revive you will not see if a unit is unconscious because they play the same animation like a death unit.

Xeno

Hello,

I'd like to warn you about the case-sensitivity of ACE and Community YAS URLs. Because the mirrors are on Linux machines, any difference in cases at the last part of the URL may cause an error and give you 404.

Make sure the Auto-Config-URL is exactly the same as below. URLs are case-sensitive.

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS after updated.

Regards,

Cross

AddonSync Usage-> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3212

AI medic handling is currently realized as a FSM, means AI medics check their environment for units with a specfic state (ACE internally) from time to time. Though the chances are higher if you order an AI medic to a wounded or unconscious unit that he will treat that unit.

AI medics only "heal" other units if they have bandages, morphine and epinephrine.

No magic healing, not for AI and not for players, this is completely removed when the wounds module is placed.

What you need is epi, morphine and bandages and a working interaction key.

Roger that, but I have 1 bandage, 1 epi and 1 morphine for the medic by default, yet I cannot heal anybody (don't know about other players, wasn't time to go on a server); however, AI medics seemingly do the "magic healing" (they heal more units in row), even I have the ACE Wound system module on the map.

Correct. Like above, when the wounds module is placed magic healing is completely disabled for all medics (AI or player, doesn't matter) and for all other objects that have the same ability in vanilla ArmA 2 (mash, MH60...).

Xeno

Just made a quick test for it. AI medic healed my teammate, used up the epi and the morph, bandage stayed. After more injuries sustained, he healed the second-third-fourth times nevertheless, not using up the bandage (can be used more times?)

I know you'll going to sort this one out too, I just liked to tell to others too that it's not fully working yet.

Just made a quick test for it. AI medic healed my teammate, used up the epi and the morph, bandage stayed. After more injuries sustained, he healed the second-third-fourth times nevertheless, not using up the bandage (can be used more times?)

Medics have one advantage currently, they won't use up bandages (if they have one bandage "magazine", true for AI and player medics).

Xeno