Sign in to follow this  
eggbeast

uh1y has vanished in 1.05

hi all

is it just me, or has the UH1Y (blackhawk with miniguns and ffars) completely vanisjed in 1.05? it used to be configged in air.pbo but the revised verson has deleted it...?

I now have all these blank helipads in evolution, although i have added ah64d and ah64d_sidewinders and CMA_Mi28_RUS, would be a big shame to lose it

The UH-1Y is no Blackhawk. :p

And I have both the UH-1Y and the MH-60S here with 1.05. Why should BIS remove somthing that is required by the game.

Must be something at your side.

They renamed the base class. You'll have to look for them when editing the mission.

yes... it looks like it don´t work with the new patch.... when you put it in the editor you get an error... so lets wait till its fixed...

edit.... : so its our fault.... ;(

It looks like ACE2 is the Problem,....

Edited by Cultivator

Yup, same here no missing heli's.

The UH1y was always configged in air2.pbo.

yes... it looks like it don´t work with the new patch.... when you put it in the editor you get an error... so lets wait till its fixed...

edit.... : so its our fault.... ;(

It looks like ACE2 is the Problem,....

How is ACE2 causing problems in 1.05? Please kindly elaborate so we can put up a bug tracker or something.

@ jasonnoguchi

When i used the ACE2 Mod and placed an UH1Y on map i got an error (sth. with bmp.p3d) ... the game starts but there is no UH1Y on map.... after getting back to the editor i also can´t find it in the airvehiclelist anymore.... when playing without the mod there is no problem with the chopper.... so its a problem caused by ACE2...

Regards Culti

Edited by Cultivator

@ jasonnoguchi

When i used the ACE2 Mod and placed an UH1Y on map i got an error (sth. with bmp.p3d) ... the game starts but there is no UH1Y on map.... after getting back to the editor i also can´t find it in the airvehiclelist anymore.... when playing without the mod there is no problem with the chopper.... so its a problem caused by ACE2...

Regards Culti

I'm not so sure... i have just tried it with ace and without ace its not in my air list... i did have a bunch of error's when i installed the patch though so maybe that's the cause... :confused:

You know that we are talking about the UH1Y ... Its an standard ArmA2 Aircraft....

If you have problems without any addons or mods, reinstall the game... errors while patching isn´t good .... ;)

Regards

as I started this thread, I have done some further investigation:

I'm not playing with ace mod when I get this error - I'm editing evolution mission only.

- when loading the editor without mods - the UH1Y is there and can be placed and used

- hmm so i now need to look through my mods and work out which one is screwing up the UH1Y

I have

- all the cba mods

- CYBP littlebirds

- HIFI air sound mods

- Landtex

- M113

- Mi28

- reLandrovers

- rhhindsound

- swm

- vops sound

- zgb various fx

- rh and coles m4 family

gonna try removing the littlebird/ mi28/ hifi air first and will report back

ok it's rhsound_c.pbo (robert hammers heli sound mod)

in it's config.bin it has

class UH1Y: Helicopter

{

class Sounds

{ etc

I guess this conflicts with 1.05's new UH1 format/ class

Edited by eggbeast

Well, the UH1Y is definitely still there. I'm playing in 1.05 and flying it right now. You should really not act surprised that something disappears after a patch when using mods...

I thought that was common knowledge. :confused:

eggbeast .. RH already released a fix many days ago.. forum search ;)

thought i'd post it up as I couldn't see the uh1 class in the air or air2 pbo's any more.

cheers for the news though - the RH update is here if anyone else needs it

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=966

also - the thing i couldn't work out was where the UH1Y config had gone - it wasn't in the config.bin of air2.pbo any more.

It sturns out it's in air2.pbo - unpbo it and there are FOLDERS inside containing different config.bins e.g.

air2\UH1Y

this is part of the reason I couldn't see it any more. The config file was changed...

Edited by eggbeast