Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

@Havoc Company

Thanks Havoc. :)

Well A.I. in buildings always leave the building if under attack.

It's some kind of hardcoded "Micro A.I." behaviour they use in this situation i guess..

A.I. in a bulding will not look for windows or any good spot they could shoot from they are simply inside of the building and have many problems getting in combat while inside of a building.

That's why i think the "Micro A.I." always will order units to leave the building to find a good spot to attack.

The "Static Groups" got a additional behaviour to not leave the building as fast as other groups.

Try it by defining the groups which should stay inside of the building as "Static Group".

If you don't have the modules becouse you initialize Group Link 4 script based then you can define a group as "Static Group" by putting "sgX=group this" in the init of the group leader.

Note: A 1 man group is a group of it's own. ;)

1. Static Group:

sg1=group this;

2. Static Group:

sg2=group this;

3. Static Group:

sg3=group this;

Now you have defined 3 "Static Groups" without using modules.

@camus25555

Your welcome. ;)

May have a look at the "ReadMe.pdf" everything is documented there.

@Havoc CompanyIf you don't have the modules becouse you initialize Group Link 4 script based then you can define a group as "Static Group" by putting "sgX=group this" in the init of the group leader.

Thank you for the quick reply on that, what do you mean by SCRIPT? I run the addon on our server as serverside only, with the config setup to enable AI improvements etc. Is that not how it should be done if you wish to only use the AI features?

Yes you can use Group Link 4 AddOn based or script based.

The script based initialize of Group Link 4 will loose a few "FX" features like:

"Blood FX"

"Dubbing"

"Radio Chatter"

The good thing about the script based initialize is that you can use Group Link 4 without any AddOns.

This means you can create/host missions with the full support of Group Link 4 ( expect the 3 features listed above ) without the need of any AddOns.

Everyone will be able to join and play the mission even if he don't have Group Link 4 becouse everything will be loaded directly from the mission directory.

Have a look here to find out how it works: Group Link 4 Mission/Script Based Initialize

first off I Im loving your mod SNKMAN and i wanted to say thank you and the people that helped you. Its really cool that you guys put alot of your time to make the game alot better for everyone else and that you do it for free. I would like to ask how I enable Ai radio chat again tho. I have noticed with your mod that they wont talk on the radio to say for example enemy flanking left or man spotted far and so on. I know that this feature is more realistic but I am normaly so busy fighting I cant hear whats going on. Is their a specific file I need to remove and if so can you tell me what it's called. And once again THANK YOU!

Hi Pvt. Phillips,

well which "A.I. Radio Chat" exactly do you mean?

There are 2 types:

"H.Q. Radio" which make A.I. in a player group use their radio to communicate/listen to the H.Q.

"Dubbing" which makes A.I. talk and scream during the mission given to the current situation.

If you are talking about the general "Go i cover" or "Need help" which comes with A2 / OA by default i did nothing to remove or change this.

What you said near the end of your reply the go ill cover and such. When they talk and on the bottom left of your screen it shows who is saying what and it highlights when they are talking to you. I dont see it anymore. After I start my mission in the bottom left it shows that GL4 is working and my leader says all go their or something and then after that it's gone. I can still hear him giving orders and saying like man very close but it dosent say it on my screen.

After you said you dident change this i took off your mod and the problem I had was fixed:confused:. If i am the only one having this problem I must have done something wrong. My mods are CBA,ACE,ACEX,ACE-pla,ACE-sm, CSM2,SLX,zeus ai, and your GL4 mod. The modules(if thats how you spell them i forget) in editor I used was GL4 custom and ACE ai talk. I customized SLX so it could run with this mod smoothly and by this i mean using the configuration The.D suggested that I should do. On page 182 of this forum and on what animalmother92 posted is what i am refering to. Thanks for the really fast response.:)

Yeah like i said i have nothing to do with this. :)

I do not disable or modify anything which will change this...

Strange thing that it work's without Group Lnk 4? :confused:

Sorry but currently i really can't tell you why it's not working any longer.

No problem I will snoop around. I have a feeling I did something wrong somewhere. Sorry for wasting some of your time.:o

Hi SNKMAN, great to see you are back at it! Looking forward to the next release.

I play mainly SP (for now, at least). This dynamic combat system of yours; will that also apply to my (friendly) AI? If I send off a team of my own to, say, enter a village will they be more clever? Or does it only help the enemy AI that they may encounter?

Cheers,

OP

Well i was never really away just a bit more relaxed... but since some time i'm back with 150% . :D

The "D.C.S." will be used by enemy and friendly A.I.

A.I. leaded by a player will not use it becouse the controle of A.I. leaded by a player should stay by the player i guess...

May a option to make it work for A.I. leaded by a player should be added? :rolleyes:

Well i was never really away just a bit more relaxed... but since some time i'm back with 150% . :D

The "D.C.S." will be used by enemy and friendly A.I.

A.I. leaded by a player will not use it becouse the controle of A.I. leaded by a player should stay by the player i guess...

May a option to make it work for A.I. leaded by a player should be added? :rolleyes:

Make DCS works for AI that has been assigned group (group red,blue..etc)if that is even possible...:)

Yes nice suggestion. ;)

Will try it.

Hey SNKMAN,

That AI monitoring FSM you had looks great. For the noobs amongst us, would it be possible for you to release a little addon that people could use, either as a standalone or as part of GL4 please?

The biggest part of the "GL4_FSM.pbo" already is coded to work stand alone.

Of course if combinated/used with Group Link 4 A.I. will use the D.C.S. a bit different but the main thing should work by simply using the "GL4_FSM.pbo" which then can be loaded/initialized like every othe AddOn/mod.

Hi SNKMAN,

Looking forward to the next release. Is there any chance of extending the Enemy AI enhancements (ie garrison etc) to friendly AI?

Cheers

Well i will have a look at it but i guess there should be a really easy way to do this. ;)

Make DCS works for AI that has been assigned group (group red,blue..etc)if that is even possible...:)

Yes exactly, that was what I was thinking. Groups could be sent off to do stuff and still survive, LOL

-OP

Edited by Old_Painless

Yeah funny idea to see his own A.I. moving to cover and engage in a totally new way. :)

Only limitation is that the A.I. of a player group which will use the D.C.S. has to leave the group to do what it should do and then re-join the player group after it's cover/engage mission is completed, but i guess if making it optional it's not a big problem at all. ;)

I was more interested in being able to 'see' the AI the way that you did in the video....... possible to get something like this mate ?

Yeah funny idea to see his own A.I. moving to cover and engage in a totally new way. :)

Only limitation is that the A.I. of a player group which will use the D.C.S. has to leave the group to do what it should do and then re-join the player group after it's cover/engage mission is completed, but i guess if making it optional it's not a big problem at all. ;)

That probably would be the smartest flanking move. Sounds great if that would come to pass.

@Kremator

I don't really get what you want Kremator? :)

A.I. ( enemy and friendly ) will use the D.C.S. by default if the "GL4_FSM.pbo" was used/loaded.

@Muahaha

Yes true. Well working on this right now. :)

If you make it so Ai grouped off use that engine of players group, can you cover the situation where people might use High command & also dynamic via Hybrid command? Hybrid command is the same grouping off but dynamically putting that group into high command and back again into your squad, IE test it to see if its bugged or works ok.

- Same mission without "Dynamically Combat System".

0lcHK68QQDo

The addon that enables this to happen. The coloured particles that reise from their heads etc. Is it possible that you could make something for the general public to use please?

Cheers

@mrcash2009

Hmm.... I have no clue. :p

To be honest i never have tryed it with B.I.S. H.C. feature but may it's not a bad idea to give it a go. ;)

@Kremator

Oh you are talking about the "Real Time Debug".

Yeah i already had some stand alone request's for this feature.

Well we will see what will happend after the next build of Group Link 4 was released but i see no reason why not. ;)

Thanks mate..... would really help.

Cheers...... keep up the good work !

The HC and HCHybrid system that Mr Centipede came up with is still VERY useful. Cant remember where the link it .... Search it