Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Can anyone help me disable radio chatter in this? I have 1.1.87 and can not for the life of me figure it out. I have tried the inset key as it says to lower volume and that does not work, I simply want to turn it off completely.

Thanks,

Mike.

If you like to make enemy A.I. more defensive then you should take care about the general behaviours and combat modes of the "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Global.sqf".

The behaviour and combat mode setting can change a lot about how enemy A.I. react in combat.

Combat and Combat Mode: ( GL4_Global.sqf )

Hi SNKMAN,

your tip is applied only to Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Behaviour or also to the main starting Enemygroup?

Thanks

Cheers

@SpyderPB6

Open "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Local.sqf".

Find:

// ==============================================================
 // GL4 Radio Chatter:
 // Choose if the "Radio Chatter" feature should be used.
 // Description: The "Radio Chatter" feature add different "Radio Chatters" to "Tank" and "Air" vehicles.
 // True / False, default is True
   // GL4_Local set [22, False];

Disable it by removing the "//" in front of the variable GL4_Local.

// GL4 Radio Chatter:
 // Choose if the "Radio Chatter" feature should be used.
 // Description: The "Radio Chatter" feature add different "Radio Chatters" to "Tank" and "Air" vehicles.
    GL4_Local set [22, False];

@fideco

your tip is applied only to Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Behaviour or also to the main starting Enemygroup?

Each enemy A.I. group which had spotted you and which was initialized by the "Enemy A.I. Enahncement" of Group Link 4 will use the behaviour and combat mode settings.

You can see which enemy A.I. group was initialized by the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" of Group Link 4 by using the "Marker Debug" feature.

Each enemy A.I. group with has a map marker was initialized by the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" of Group Link 4.

So is this correct ?

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Map Marker:

// Choose if the "Map Marker" debug should be used.

// Note: This debug creates a map marker for each enemy A.I. group.

GL4_Global set [62, TRUE];

@fideco

No you don't need to enable them becouse they are enabled by default.

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Map Marker:
   // Choose if the "Map Marker" debug should be used.
   // Note: This debug creates a map marker for each enemy A.I. group.
   // True / False, [b][color="Red"]default is True[/color][/b]
     // GL4_Global set [62, False];

@SpyderPB6

Your welcome.

Sorry SNKMAN,

Then how may i use the "Marker Debug" feature to check if a enemy group has a map marker?

Simply using the map?

YES, solved...

Thanks for your patience.

Now all is working fine.

Cheers

Edited by fideco

Not a problem.

The "Marker Debug" is active and used by default.

Simply create a enemy A.I. group at the map and you will see that the group has a map marker.

You can for example use the "Group Link 4: Custom" module and synchronize specific groups with the module.

After starting the mission you can see that only enemy A.I. groups which was synchronized with the "Group Link 4: Custom" module will have a map marker.

The "Group Link 4: Custom" module is used to only initialize specific enemy A.I. groups with the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" of Group Link 4.

So i guess that's the best way to explain it easy.

By default and if you use C.B.A. every enemy A.I. group will be initialized by the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" of Group Link 4 automatically so you can use the "Group Link 4: Custom" module to initialize enemy A.I. groups which you like to be initialized by the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" of Group Link 4 by yourself.

Well that's pretty simple. ;)

Okay if you use the "Mission Based" initialize of Group Link 4 you have to use the Group Link 4 setting files too. Right?

I have choosed the way of:

If the GL4_Path is "\GL4_System\" which is used by the AddOn based version then the "UserConfig" folder will be checked.

Now that you have changed the "GL4_Path" in the "Init.sqf to "GL4_System\" the "UserConfig" folder will not be checket which means you have to load the Group Link 4 setting files from your mission.

The error you get "GL4_Settings/GL4_Core.sqf" not found means that the setting file "GL4_Core.sqf" was not found in your mission in the folder "GL4_Settings".

Guess you don't have the folder "GL4_Settings". Right?

If so create a folder in your mission folder called "GL4_Settings".

Copy the "GL4_Core.sqf" "GL4_Global.sqf" and "GL4_Local.sqf" from "UserConfig\GL4\" into the "GL4_Settings\" folder of your mission and it should work.

SNKMAN, Is there a way to only enable force move by itself? Sometimes I'm too lazy to edit config files so they don't mess up campaigns and stuff so I'd like to use GL4 strictly for the force move feature. Is this possible? Or maybe make it it's own mod? Sorry if this is been asked before. Its a big thread :-)

I'm a little confused of how to get this to work 100% correctly.

* Does every client need this, and the dedicated server?

* All the options, rules, configs and so on, what decides what to be used? Does it go by the dedicated server-userconfig?

Anyhow, nice mod. I've been testing it in the editor, and the behaviour of the AI is speechless. Amazing work. :yay:

Edited by MugAben

@nuggetz

SNKMAN, Is there a way to only enable force move by itself?

No sorry this doesn't work.

@DampetDK

Does every client need this, and the dedicated server?

The "GL4_Syste.pbo" is required for all clients and server ( dedicated )

The other .pbos are optional and enable/disable specific "FX" features of Group Link 4 ( local in multiplayer ) if the .pbo was installed/not installed.

All the options, rules, configs and so on, what decides what to be used? Does it go by the dedicated server-userconfig?

Yes all files in "UserConfig\GL4\" are used to change and tweak Group Link 4 to fit your need's.

You can see how to change thouse settings in the "ReadMe.pdf" which comes with Group Link 4.

The folder "UserConfig\GL4\" incl. all files need to be installed on a dedicated server too.

Okay, thanks! :)

What do we do wrong, when:

Loading one mission on server, (VTS mission) and it works completely fine for me (The FX part, we tested it with grenades) but not for all the players.

Loading up another mission (Domination), it works fine for another guy, but not for the rest of us.

As far as we can tell, the addon works fine individually, but when connecting to dedicated it only works for one, and appears to be the first connected?

Sorry,

My init file was not running because of typo. Thanks for your help. It seems to be running fine. I'll be testing a mission all week. I'll post progress here.

Thanks again.

Edited by Two Dogs

@DampetDK

Well the best way to make sure everything works like it was supposed to do is:

Make sure all clients use the whole "@GL4" folder. ( Complete GL4 with all AddOns )

Make sure each client has the "UserConfig\GL4\" folder with all files in his ArmA 2 root directory.

How dou you initialize Group Link 4. By default in combination with C.B.A. or by using the "Group Link 4: System" module?

If you use the default way with C.B.A. then make sure each client use C.B.A. as well.

@Coyle[506th PIR]

I added a folder "Settings" as you instructed above

Wasn't it called "GL4_Settings"? :)

Well the best and fastest way would be if you could send or upload the mission and give me the link here or by P.M. so i can see what you are doing wrong.

Edited by SNKMAN

;1598022']Sorry' date='

My init file was not running because of typo. Thanks for your help. It seems to be running fine. I'll be testing a mission all week. I'll post progress here.

Thanks again.[/quote']

My bad.

As said, it works individually for each. So @modfolder and userconfigs should be fine.

Launching it default way, with CBA since we run ACE2 aswell.

Last update on our CBA was 2 weeks ago, (Ace v1.0 stable update #1). We are updating ace once a month now.

Could be CBA thats to old, unless you havnt updated GL4 since march 12.?

Look's like you are running a old Group Link 4 version?

The last public update was 24.03.2010.

No i don't think it's the fault of C.B.A. but may a mod order problem?

A few weeks ago i had changed the order of how my mod's ( GL4 / C.B.A. / HiFi ) get initialized and i wasn't able to get things working in multiplayer becouse of the mod order.

May have a look here to see how to combinate different mod's: Add-On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion (ACE2-based)

I downloaded GL4 today. :-)

Could be a mod order problem. I never have had any problems with loading order when i use alphinestars launcher but i'll try to put GL4 up, behind cba and ace and see how that works.

SNKMAN,

With the MLRS now being supported by the HC Artillery feature, would it be possible to expand the Request menu to include different munitions? I see that you can choose some HE rounds, smoke, bombs by changing some settings in the SQF files but is there any way to include this in game? Reason I ask is because I was testing out the MLRS and it was shooting HE rounds as per the default settings.

Running Mission Based Initialized GL4.

I put a squad of infantry in a factory compound, named the leaer sg1, put sg1 = group this;[/] in the init field of the leader. I was expecting that they would garrison themselves in the factory buildings, but they just stand around.

In Settings/GL4_Global.sqf, I set GL4 Enemy A.I. Garrison: GL4_Global set [41,True];

Is there a step I'm missing?

@TonnyRat

With the MLRS now being supported by the HC Artillery feature, would it be possible to expand the Request menu to include different munitions?

No this would really mess up a lot becouse if you have different artillery weapons then each would use the same ammo.

Currently the ammo will be selected by the weapon which was fired each weapon ( vehicle ) will use his original ammo which brings me to the next point.

Reason I ask is because I was testing out the MLRS and it was shooting HE rounds as per the default settings.

if (_a isKindOf "MLRS") then
{
_b = "R_MLRS";
};

This means the "MLRS" always use the ammo "R_MLRS" which is the original ammo of this vehicle.

So i don't know why you have seen them fiering shells?

@Coyle[506th PIR]

I was expecting that they would garrison themselves in the factory buildings, but they just stand around.

Garrison themselves?

No if you place enemy A.I. without waypoints and close ( within 100 meters ) to a walkable building then the enemy A.I. group will "Garrison" different positions of the building.

The "sg1 = group this" is used to identify "Static Groups" manually in the editor. You made this right by the way. ;)

You don't need to identify a enemy A.I. group as "Static Group" to make it "Garrison" a building.

Just place them nearby a building and you are ready to go.