Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Once again :thumbs up: for your project m8!

And ArmA2 is 6 month old only ....

Keep on the good way!

Thx GL4 was added to SixUpdater!

Hey,

I've found a problem - not sure if I'm just not doing something right but I have the system module loaded with the custom module and the FX module.

The problem is that units in towers that are not synched with the custom module jump out of the towers the minute I shoot at them. I was under the impression that only units that are linked to the custom module were affected by GL.

Any idea why this is?

Tx

PS : It is definitely something to do with GL as when I remove it, the suicide behaviour stops.

Edited by BangTail

Is there a way to make units put to garrison a building and set to static not come out of the building when they detect the player?

@Sickboy

Many thanks for telling me Sickboy. ;)

I already changed it and hopefully all A.C.E. 2 features will return after the next release of Group Link 4.

@BangTail

The problem is that units in towers that are not synched with the custom module jump out of the towers the minute I shoot at them.

Well thats the "Advancing" feature which let enemy A.I. react to gunfire.

The "Custom" module do only set groups which can request reinforcement and can be requested as reinforcement.

@jasonnoguchi

Static Groups do stay inside of the building by default, but of course i have not forced them to stay inside of the building, becouse sometimes some units stay at some very hidden spots in a building.

So after contact each unit will choos for it's own where to go and where to stay.

@BangTail

Well thats the "Advancing" feature which let enemy A.I. react to gunfire.

The "Custom" module do only set groups which can request reinforcement and can be requested as reinforcement.

Yah, that's sorted it mate. I disabled that feature and they stopped the suicide jumps :)

Cheers

Edited by BangTail

@SNKMAN, that makes it kinda hard to make CQB missions as enemies will all pour our of the building when players are detected. Would you make like a CQB MODULE which lets garrison enemies stay inside a building? :) That would be awesome!

@SNKMAN well testing testing testing :-)

So far its great.

The radio chatter volume selection is a great improvement, however:

Can you make it a little bit more sensitive? i mean i could turn it off ( for certain missions and campaigns i have to turn it off, because i cant understand anything else when the radio chatter starts) but i like the feature.

I want to be able to turn it really quiet when needed, but even the lowest setting is still too loud.

Try Seal Team 6 campaign 3, (or any other mission with briefing on the move) at the start in the helo you get your briefing from HQ. Its already recorded pretty quiet, but with radio chatter enabled, you cant understand one Word.

First 2 missions worked great by the way :-)

It would be cool if the volume scale could be more sensitive example:

Press"." for less volume: 6-1, off

Press "-" for more volume: off, 1-6

Would that be possible? maybe make it quieter on "1" ?

thanx for any input :-)

I have syncd the squad with the static module, they are on the outskirts of a village and all decide to pile into one house. It says in the features that they make fires and patrol around, am I still doing something wrong?? Thanks for all your help for my noobish problems btw :)

I have syncd the squad with the static module, they are on the outskirts of a village and all decide to pile into one house. It says in the features that they make fires and patrol around, am I still doing something wrong?? Thanks for all your help for my noobish problems btw :)

Don't put your static units within 10m of any houses or they will automatically garrison it. :)

Hi SNKMAN, about my PLA APC crew problem reported before, It is posible that GL4 don´t recongnize de PLA APC like an APC?

The crew stills eject at the conflict point using PLA APC´s, but using the same chinese crew and a insurgent BMP2 everything works fine.

Could you add a sqf in order to add the PLA Apc´s?

Okay, I put them in a field outside the village, but know all they do is stand there, it says they should patrol around and chat to each other?

@BangTail

I disabled that feature and they stopped the suicide jumps

Nice to hear that your problem is fixed.

@jasonnoguchi

Would you make like a CQB MODULE which lets garrison enemies stay inside a building?

Well there is no way to do this.

The only command which let units stay at their position is "doStop" and this command will freeze the unit it isn't able to turn and shoot any more.

@markushaze

i mean i could turn it off

I already added the "Off" state. Will be available in the next version.

@OverCharger

It is posible that GL4 don´t recongnize de PLA APC like an APC?

This problem already is fixed. ;)

@Taliban_Dan

it says they should patrol around and chat to each other?

Okay here you go:

Create a group.

Synchronize the group with the "Group Link 4: Static" module.

In the initialize field of the leader put:

this setBehaviour "SAFE"

You have to set the behaviour to "SAFE" or "CARELESS" becouse by default a unit/group use the behaviour "AWARE" and the "Human A.I. IDLE" feature only is used by units/groups with a "CARELESS" or "SAFE" behaviour.

@Xtreme1989

@OverCharger

This problem already is fixed. ;)

Excuse me SNKMAN, I don`t want to angry you, but I´m testing with the last version of GL4 (with a clean install) and the PLA crew still ejects from PLA Apc's, not from default independent APC's.

I meaned it's fixed but not in the latest version. It will be fixed in the next version. ;)

Thanks for all your hard work SNKMAN. I know it can be a little overwhelming with all the feedback your getting.

Yes it's hard but to me it's no work. It's my passion. I really love what i do. ;)

All the feedback is very welcome becouse you all give/gave me so much new ideas and help me fixing and adding stuff.

Really... Without the community i may would not kown what to do next. :D

Yes it's hard but to me it's no work. It's my passion. I really love what i do. ;)

All the feedback is very welcome becouse you all give/gave me so much new ideas and help me fixing and adding stuff.

Really... Without the community i may would not kown what to do next. :D

That says a lot...=D

Thank you for being like that...hehe

_neo_

@SNKMAN

Can you please make a change to the AddEventHandlers, like Sickboy suggested in this thread? Right now the RadioChatter disables the Thermal vision function in armored vehicles when the Radio Chatter is enabled.

I already have changed this. Will be in the next release.

@SNKMAN

Can you please make a change to the AddEventHandlers, like Sickboy suggested in this thread? Right now the RadioChatter disables the Thermal vision function in armored vehicles when the Radio Chatter is enabled.

No wonder I didn't get any IR vision...tot it was ACE ;-)

Hi,

A little off topic, but if anyone wishes to marry GL4 and WarFX without the pixel/square effects you have to edit WarFXPE.pbo in WarFX

config.cpp

Replace this line :

class CfgCloudletShapes {

cloudletUniversal = "\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal.p3d";

};

That fix it for good.

I think those two addons get along nicely.

One idea SNKMAN, how about a "leadership module" where if an officer within, say 50m, is killed, all the soldiers within that 50m will get a sharp skill rating cut and some will even wonder around on the spot not knowing what to do? :) This will greatly enhance the need for tactical sniping! :)