Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Mid east

Duke_of_Ray, I have a question for you:

How would you respond if a devastating earthquake were to strike the Palestinian territories killing thousands and leaving many more injuried or homeless?  Would you send aid and assist with the rebuilding as is usually done when such "acts of God" occur elsewhere?  ...Or would you prefer not to send aid because of your view of the region's destiny?

I'm not asking you to explain your answer lest thee be smote by an "act of Denoir."  However, a hugely influencial group of people share your beliefs and I am trying to understand if any amount of Palestinian suffering could ever garner your sympathy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Sep. 19 2002,11:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 19 2002,15:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What are you talking about you goof? The Palestininas have not caused any violence for 6 weeks (until now).<span id='postcolor'>

Bn880, can you post a reference for that comment? (I mean your 2nd comment.)<span id='postcolor'>

No I can't, I don't go to news web sites for most of my info like everyone here. I can get a reference for the first comment! tounge.gif

Actually I think it's all over the news, here and the states.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Duke_of_Ray, I have a question for you:

How would you respond if a devastating earthquake were to strike the Palestinian territories killing thousands and leaving many more injuried or homeless? Would you send aid and assist with the rebuilding as is usually done when such "acts of God" occur elsewhere? ...Or would you prefer not to send aid because of your view of the region's destiny?

I'm not asking you to explain your answer lest thee be smote by an "act of Denoir." However, a hugely influencial group of people share your beliefs and I am trying to understand if any amount of Palestinian suffering could ever garner your sympathy.<span id='postcolor'>

YesI would help them. I would send them medical aid, food, and supplies, among other needs they may have. I would also help them build temporary houses until they could be relocated to another country. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Sep. 19 2002,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...

A US congressional report on the 11 Sept attacks was released yesterday.  It revealed that US law-enforcement and intelligence agencies had an enormous amount of info warning of the type and scale of the attack.  Yet, with all their technology and combined (?) resources they could not prevent 19 foreign terrorists from converting 4 domestic passenger jetliners into missiles.

...<span id='postcolor'>

the had fragments of info.

this is precisely the reason why we should now move on iraq.

p.s.: I won't bother replying to your silly fragmentation of my last post. sheeeshh, your voice was flipping.

and about bn880's reply to avon's long list:

did you see how looong the list was?

nobody is as blind as the guy who doesn't want to see.

with all the different patrols on guard in this thread posting here is an exercise in futility.

we have dot's bias-patrol, always smelling bias + racism, forever bound to the modern newsroom culture,

bn880's source-patrol, trusting only bbc.

colkurtz's history-patrol, can't use history, just present day,

paratrooper's political correctness-patrol, can't really side in with any party, except maybe the british government,

religion-patrol, religion is a no-no in discussing the region, let's argue only along secular lines,

denoir's theology-patrol: can't use the f-word, as in faith.

we have creativity-patrol, can only say "realistic" things...

we can do better than that.

let's bar no holds. be creative in proposing a solution.

(the terrorists are creative in killing! just saw a show about an israeli family who got bombed by pipebombs. the nuts and bolts in the charge (for increased damage) were treated with rat poison! surgeons operated rat poisoned 8 bolts out of the brain of a boy, now handicapped.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Sep. 19 2002,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...

A US congressional report on the 11 Sept attacks was released yesterday.  It revealed that US law-enforcement and intelligence agencies had an enormous amount of info warning of the type and scale of the attack.  Yet, with all their technology and combined (?) resources they could not prevent 19 foreign terrorists from converting 4 domestic passenger jetliners into missiles.

...<span id='postcolor'>

the had fragments of info.

p.s.: I won't bother replying to your silly fragmentation of my last post. sheeeshh, your voice was flipping.

with all the different patrols on guard in this thread posting here is an exercise in futility.

we have dot's bias-patrol, always smelling bias + racism, forever bound to the modern newsroom culture,

paratrooper's political correctness-patrol, can't really side in with any party, except maybe the british government,

religion-patrol, religion is a no-no in discussing the region, let's argue only along secular lines,

(the terrorists are creative in killing! just saw a show about an israeli family who got bombed by pipebombs. the nuts and bolts in the charge (for increased damage) were treated with rat poison! surgeons operated 8 rat poisoned bolts out of the brain of a boy, now handicapped.)

Actually Sam, I have a right to ignore all your posts that use the word terrorist. Happy smile.gif Your terrorist is not my terrorist.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Sep. 19 2002,18:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">did you see how looong the list was?

nobody is as blind as the guy who doesn't want to see.<span id='postcolor'>

Ahh yes, a long list of crap.

Ofcourse some crimes occured.

Actually Wednesday was the first serious attack on Israelis since about 40 days (where a man blew himself up when he saw Israeli forces approach him). To be more precise.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 20 2002,01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Sep. 19 2002,18wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">did you see how looong the list was?

nobody is as blind as the guy who doesn't want to see.<span id='postcolor'>

Ahh yes, a long list of crap.

Ofcourse some crimes occured.

Actually Wednesday was the first serious attack on Israelis since about 40 days (where a man blew himself up when he saw Israeli forces approach him).  To be more precise.<span id='postcolor'>

True, it is like the man who twists a tiger's tail and wonders why he gets mauled.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> by SamSamson the had fragments of info.

(the terrorists are creative in killing! just saw a show about an israeli family who got bombed by pipebombs. the nuts and bolts in the charge (for increased damage) were treated with rat poison! surgeons operated rat poisoned 8 bolts out of the brain of a boy, now handicapped.)

<span id='postcolor'>

Well said!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote

by SamSamson the had fragments of info.

Well said!<span id='postcolor'>

As he always does.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 19 2002,20:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote

by SamSamson the had fragments of info.

Well said!<span id='postcolor'>

As he always does.<span id='postcolor'>

Sam just talks too much. He seems to need 20 paragraphs to get one message across. smile.gif His sidekick, DOR, makes up for it with 3 word sentences. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 20 2002,03:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sam just talks too much.  He seems to need 20 paragraphs to get one message across.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Aug. 28 2002,00:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...a lot of times the rant IS my favorite mode of expression.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

Since there are a few people here who seem very dedicated to the Israli state, why dont you move from America to Israel so you can go and help Israelis cause by joining the IDF? That way youll be able to administrate a heavy handed justice upon the Palestinians as your posts seem to make out like you want to.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Col. Kurtz Posted on Sep. 20 2002,05wow.gif3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since there are a few people here who seem very dedicated to the Israli state, why dont you move from America to Israel so you can go and help Israelis cause by joining the IDF? That way youll be able to administrate a heavy handed justice upon the Palestinians as your posts seem to make out like you want to.

<span id='postcolor'>

And you will be moving to Arafat's neighborhood to help the coward terrorist out I presume?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 20 2002,05:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Col. Kurtz Posted on Sep. 20 2002,05wow.gif3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<span id='postcolor'>

And you will be moving to Arafat's neighborhood to help the coward terrorist out I presume?<span id='postcolor'>

Why do you think they commit terrorist acts? Really, that is a straight question.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why do you think they commit terrorist acts? Really, that is a straight question.<span id='postcolor'>

I do not know, maybe it is because they do! mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Since there are a few people here who seem very dedicated to the Israli state, why dont you move from America to Israel so you can go and help Israelis cause by joining the IDF? That way youll be able to administrate a heavy handed justice upon the Palestinians as your posts seem to make out like you want to.

<span id='postcolor'>

Sure and I guess the rest of you will move to Palestine and become suicude bombers. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 20 2002,13:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Col. Kurtz Posted on Sep. 20 2002,05wow.gif3

<span id='postcolor'>

And you will be moving to Arafat's neighborhood to help the coward terrorist out I presume?<span id='postcolor'>

Lord. Lions, read through this thread and look to see if I have ever posted a post that has said 'I support the actions of Palestinian terrorist orginisations'. I have not. I have also not said 'I support Israli gunship attacks on civilian areas'. I think both sides are both right and wrong. I would prefer to join a peace keeping force to help keep order in the two countries.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 20 2002,15:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 20 2002,13:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Col. Kurtz Posted on Sep. 20 2002,05wow.gif3

<span id='postcolor'>

Lord. Lions, read through this thread and look to see if I have ever posted a post that has said 'I support the actions of Palestinian terrorist orginisations'. I have  not. I have also not said 'I support Israli gunship attacks on civilian areas'. I think both sides are both right and wrong. I would prefer to join a peace keeping force to help keep order in the two countries.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree, neither side is capable of giving their people the peace they deserve. The UN should do it's job, make peace.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 20 2002,14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I do not now<span id='postcolor'>

That about sums it up from you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 20 2002,14:22)

I do not now

That about sums it up from you.<span id='postcolor'>

Really? I guess I am wrong for supporting a country who has land that is beign held by other people, golly I am sorry. From now I will side with those who support terriost acts, I am so sorry please forgive me.

Duke dont you support the Israelis? You do know that Israelis occupy and build on palestinian land dont you?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ Sep. 21 2002,00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Duke dont you support the Israelis? You do know that Israelis occupy and build on palestinian land dont you?<span id='postcolor'>

Apparently not.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Sep. 20 2002,15:17

Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 20 2002,13:26)

Col. Kurtz Posted on Sep. 20 2002,053

And you will be moving to Arafat's neighborhood to help the coward terrorist out I presume?

Lord. Lions, read through this thread and look to see if I have ever posted a post that has said 'I support the actions of Palestinian terrorist orginisations'. I have not. I have also not said 'I support Israli gunship attacks on civilian areas'. I think both sides are both right and wrong. I would prefer to join a peace keeping force to help keep order in the two countries<span id='postcolor'>

Hi Kurtz. What the hell kind of comment was that for then? Just because some of us support Israel doesn't mean we support all the violence. I would love a peaceful ending to this mess.

All they have to do is stop the Homicide bombing. Seems reasonable to me. But they only understand one kind of reason. The reason of violence. If they had any wish to stop this caos, they would. But violence is the only language they understand, so that is why Israel retaliates with military force.

I can't support Arafat because he is irrelivant to any peaceful solution. He has proved that by doing nothing year after year. He had the chance to get 90% of his demands with the Clinton administration and turned it down. He is irrelivant.

Hamas know only violence. I don't have the solution. But until the Palestinians stop the bombings, Israel has no choice.