Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Mid east

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 23 2002,02:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bernadotte...... Thanks, I have a dictionary.<span id='postcolor'>Perhaps you should buy a dictionary that doesn't spell relevant with an " i ". I know... I know... spelling it " r e l i v a n t " is your prerogative. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 23 2002,02:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Arafat is irrelevant.....he has had his chances and has failed. He has no control over his people. He is a roadblock to any hope of ending this mess.

ir·rel·e·vant Pronunciation Key (-rl-vnt) adj. Unrelated to the matter being considered.<span id='postcolor'>

He is a bull-headed pain in the ass and a great shame to all his people but that does not make him irrelevant - ineffective maybe, but not irrelevant. One of Sharon's and Likud's greatest fears is that Arafat will be replaced by a Palestinian nearer to the ways of Gandhi or Martin Luther King Jr. That can be best avoided by elevating Arafat to living martyr status as they are doing at this very moment. Killing Arafat would save a lot of Palestinian (and some Israeli) lives. But it would threaten the right's entire "Greater Israel" program.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 23 2002,02:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Look, I will not go back and forth with you on these issues.<span id='postcolor'>Why not? Are you a religious fanatic too? wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 23 2002,02:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I side with Israel. There is right and wrong with both sides. You may choose to side with the Palestines, that is your prerogative....<span id='postcolor'>

I side with neither. I side against suffering, injustice, hate-mongering, racism, Anti-Semitism, fanaticism, bigotry and other forms of loud-mouthed ignorance. And I find plenty of each on both sides.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Sep. 23 2002,12:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I side with neither.  I side against suffering, injustice, hate-mongering, racism, Anti-Semitism, fanaticism, bigotry and other forms of loud-mouthed ignorance.  And I find plenty of each on both sides.<span id='postcolor'>

Me too!

I say throw them all out, and take it for ourselves.

Form a gamers rebublic and we will all follow one religion: The Worship of BIS. Since it will be one nation we will have no disputes over land smile.gif

The Avon Lady will be allowed to stay only becuase she plays OFP wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 22 2002,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Form a gamers rebublic and we will all follow one religion: The Worship of BIS. Since it will be one nation we will have no disputes over land smile.gif

The Avon Lady will be allowed to stay only becuase she plays OFP wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You can't have the cake and eat it too. smile.gif

Oh well, lets be really un nice and say NO ONE CAN HAVE PALESTINE AND ISRAEL. It causes too much trouble to have people there, so lets have nobody. We will turn the holy land into a chemical dump or a nuclear test sight or the like.

Dont worry, Im not been serious.......

Each isde is too used to hatting each other, they need to learn how to accept each other. As hard as it is, they must forgive each over for the past wrongs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 23 2002,06:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 22 2002,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Form a gamers rebublic and we will all follow one religion: The Worship of BIS. Since it will be one nation we will have no disputes over land smile.gif

The Avon Lady will be allowed to stay only becuase she plays OFP wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You can't have the cake and eat it too.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Just come into my kitchen and try to stop me! mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 23 2002,04:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 23 2002,06:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 22 2002,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Form a gamers rebublic and we will all follow one religion: The Worship of BIS. Since it will be one nation we will have no disputes over land smile.gif

You can't have the cake and eat it too. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Just come into my kitchen and try to stop me! mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You can have cake and eat it too? tounge.gif I won't stop you, I want to see this.

Sam: At least what I say doesn't consist of random ramblings, rants, and selective history. Also i don't know who thinks you are entertaining them other than your sidekick.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 23 2002,16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sam: At least what I say doesn't consist of random ramblings, rants, and selective history...<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

well, what does it consist of, einstein?

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Sep. 23 2002,12:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 23 2002,16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sam: At least what I say doesn't consist of random ramblings, rants, and selective history...<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

well, what does it consist of, einstein?

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Whatever is left.

You only have 107 posts, damn it seems like you got alot more than that (maybe 2000), must be what I mentioned in quote above... biggrin.gif

EDIT: if you can't fugure it out, I try to be logical about this conflict, while we can see your way will keep it burning

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Sep. 23 2002,04:10 By Berdadette

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 23 2002,02:33)

Bernadotte...... Thanks, I have a dictionary.

Perhaps you should buy a dictionary that doesn't spell relevant with an " i ". I know... I know... spelling it " r e l i v a n t " is your prerogative.

<span id='postcolor'>

Now your starting to show your ass.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 23 2002,02:33)

Look, I will not go back and forth with you on these issues.

Why not? Are you a religious fanatic too?

<span id='postcolor'>

Your sarcasm is uncalled for. Where did my religon ever come up on this subject.

You can't change my mind, so you try to insult me. Pity.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DOR, it's (police issue) something US supporters claim all the time. This is not even debatable. <span id='postcolor'>

Well just beacuse U.S. supports say that that does not mean the U.S. says that. Also where does the U.S. claim that they are the police of the world?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 24 2002,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Sep. 23 2002,04:10    By Berdadette

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you should buy a dictionary that doesn't spell relevant with an " i ".  I know... I know... spelling it " r e l i v a n t " is your prerogative.

<span id='postcolor'>

Now your starting to show your ass.<span id='postcolor'>

Lighten up already!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 24 2002,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 23 2002,02:33)

Look, I will not go back and forth with you on these issues.

Why not?  Are you a religious fanatic too?  

<span id='postcolor'>

Your sarcasm is uncalled for.  Where did my religon ever come up on this subject.  You can't change my mind, so you try to insult me.  Pity.<span id='postcolor'>

I assumed you'd read enough pages of this topic to know that the mods don't want this thread used for discussing religion - and who can blame them?  So, when you showed up with all your harsh rhetoric and no desire to discuss anything, I figured you might be in the same boat as Sam Samson and Duke_of_Ray.  Sorry if I touched a raw nerve.

And just because we've tried to discuss our opinions with you doesn't mean we are trying to change your mind.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 24 2002,10:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DOR, it's (police issue) something US supporters claim all the time.  This is not even debatable. <span id='postcolor'>

Well just beacuse U.S. supports say that that does not mean the U.S. says that. Also where does the U.S. claim that they are the police of the world?<span id='postcolor'>

I dont know if you claim to be, but you sure do act like it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 24 2002,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Sep. 23 2002,04:10    By Berdadette

Perhaps you should buy a dictionary that doesn't spell relevant with an " i ".  I know... I know... spelling it " r e l i v a n t " is your prerogative.

<span id='postcolor'>

Now your starting to show your ass.<span id='postcolor'>

Now, now, ladies. Put down your handbags. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I assumed you'd read enough pages of this topic to know that the mods don't want this thread used for discussing religion - and who can blame them? So, when you showed up with all your harsh rhetoric and no desire to discuss anything, I figured you might be in the same boat as Sam Samson and Duke_of_Ray. Sorry if I touched a raw nerve.

<span id='postcolor'>

You know what happens when you assume?

You brought up religion, not me.

What harsh rhetoric...you mean my opinions?

No desire to discuss? Maybe not on your terms.

I will be glad to jump on Sam's and Duke's boat anyday.

My raw nerve is not religion, it's Bush bashing.

sorry mods about continuing this little "discussion."

my handbag is officially down.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 24 2002,06:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now, now, ladies. Put down your handbags. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

<span style='font-size:47pt;line-height:100%'>NEVER!</span>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 24 2002,05:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CNN

even Bush is unhappy with Israel's action.<span id='postcolor'>

Only reason for Bush being against is that the trouble caused by Israel might jeopardize his war on Iraq.

confused.gif

.....Ari Fleischer said..... "The president wants to make sure that Israeli actions do not undermine reform efforts toward peace."

- Now, change the last word into war, not peace.

Here's something interesting. It's a shame the media never gives much attention to things like this. If I recall correctly something similar happened a few months ago except the donor was Palestinian and the recipient was Israeli.

More violence, nine Palestinians killed

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fraggit @ Sep. 24 2002,06:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here's something interesting. It's a shame the media never gives much attention to things like this. If I recall correctly something similar happened a few months ago except the donor was Palestinian and the recipient was Israeli. <span id='postcolor'>

Good thing!

EDIT: RalphWiggum: some tags were missing.

good point. you can always hide ulterior motives with altruistic one.

however, the significance of that news is that even Bush can call for a slowdown, regardless of reason.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I figured you might be in the same boat as Sam Samson and Duke_of_Ray. Sorry if I touched a raw nerve.

<span id='postcolor'>

How sad it is that there is only 3 or 4 of us who can see the truth.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont know if you claim to be, but you sure do act like it.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes we do act like it and it is totally stupid. It is not our place to fight other peoples war, i.e. ww1.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 24 2002,13:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How sad it is that there is only 3 or 4 of us who can see the truth.<span id='postcolor'>

Lets keep this clean ladies and gentleman, please.

and duke, this thread is called "mid east" and not "The truth according to Duke_of_ray"

I'd like to see the Iraqi leader removed as much as most people, but I feel the US should focus more on arguments that make it appear less hypocritical.

(The numbers used in the following examples are close estimates.  I'd be grateful to any readers who can correct these numbers with any more recent/accurate data.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Iraq               Israel    

UN resolutions drafted against                   17                 100

UN resolutions defied                               17                  70 (other 30 vetoed by US)

Wars started                                           1                    3

Wars fought                                            2                    5

Wars won                                                0                    5

Foreign territories held                              0                    3

Refugees created

unable to return home                           300,000            4.1 million

Current leader found directly/indirectly

responsible for massacres of civilians          yes                 yes

Possess nukes                                          no                  yes

Allow international inspectors                 conditionally           no

(eg. Int. Atomic Energy Agency)

Spies arrested in US                                   0                     1

Possess oil                                              yes                  no

US enemy                                               yes                  no

<span id='postcolor'>

What i wonder,Iraq has been proved to have tried to ethnically cleanse their population (kurds anyone?)

So i wonder if Israel has been proved to do the same to palestinians.

And you certainly can't blame the israeli's for starting a war against people who have an agressive stance against them and would've done the same if israel wasn't at it before them.

And certainly,you do have a certain right to territory you fought a war over.

Germany had to give territory after WW2,France after Napoleon's rule,etc...

Mind,this is just my personal view,now it's all yours to prove unsound,rip the legs of it if you so wish.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frisbee @ Sep. 24 2002,20:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And you certainly can't blame the israeli's for starting a war against people who have an agressive stance against them and would've done the same if israel wasn't at it before them.<span id='postcolor'>

Just which war are you referring to that Israel started? confused.gif