Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Nice work Rip and Troc, love what you guys are doing.

I like the decals, accurate or not, i feel they add to the immersion.

The sounds of the tanks are impressive they seem very true to the originial panzers.

Thanks Gunter, were just try'n to make something people can have fun with.

we could already have fun with it if it was released:jail: :D

Waiting makes it more interesting, its the epitome of the mod itself, discovery the new things, or the things that have been done, or changed or added, is what makes the mod as for any mod worth waiting for, time in this matter is a true friend for if you had the mod now it may be great for the tme being, but as vast as the mod was before I can only judge based on the amount of work being put into it it will be something epic.

Considering Rip has TRoc working with him will undoubtly enhance the mod to a new level that Im sure Rip is very much appreciating Troc's talents. You got a good guy your working with Rip, i did bug hunts and testing for when he was modding for the WW2 Realism Unit we were in for Arma 2, and i'd like to do it agian if you guys need the help.

I think the beauty of a mod to me, is much more appreciated by the players that are editor freaks like myself, for making our own games and just playing with everything is like putting a kid in a toy store and giving him a shopping spree. As for those that have no clue about the editor and are dependent on SP & Mp missions I feel sorry for you guys, I'd suggest expend your playing capacities and delve into the editor, it takes nothing to learn a few things to places some units and save , then hit preview, a serious blast and a measure of a good time to last.

troc no doubt is awesome and does great work. So does Aqu & Alper...also Agamoth too.

I just want to play some ww2 type cti

if all hurricanes had 2808 rounds per minute we'd have lost the war. lol. they are great planes, fly really well. i agree with gunter, i think that anyone who enjoys this game for the MP or SP Campaign are really missing out when it comes to the editor, i usually start off with 2 groups of soldiers and consistantly shift the balance between the two (ie: ru side gets a hind, americans get an apache ru get a tank.... so on.) endless fun.

if all hurricanes had 2808 rounds per minute we'd have lost the war. lol. they are great planes, fly really well. i agree with gunter, i think that anyone who enjoys this game for the MP or SP Campaign are really missing out when it comes to the editor, i usually start off with 2 groups of soldiers and consistantly shift the balance between the two (ie: ru side gets a hind, americans get an apache ru get a tank.... so on.) endless fun.

Agree, i have almost never played SP, only some MP but 80% Editor.

Yes the planes were a bit unrealistic but its just fun to have those classic planes. I think its funnier to play those planes then modern:)

I just noticed this great mod that will work great with this ww2 mod :)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9261

Those look great! Might have to talk with the author to see if we can add it to the mod.

Here's a clip of some editor fun I put together. Not much. It just gives some idea of what you will run across...

***Thank you Beton for the round parachute!

Edited by Rip31st

Those look great! Might have to talk with the author to see if we can add it to the mod.

Here's a clip of some editor fun I put together. Not much. It just gives some idea of what you will run across...

***Thank you Beton for the round parachute!

Awesoome video!:o Didnt know you'd done so much work already.. Thougt the pics was the only thing you've done:o

Hey,

very nice to see it ingame. Now that i know that it works and is used, i could try to make it look a little nicer if you want....

Hey,

very nice to see it ingame. Now that i know that it works and is used, i could try to make it look a little nicer if you want....

Maybe one for the allied side and one for the axis? ;) Yes thank you very much!

So is Paradrops Module-based or Script- based?

Scripted in single player format. In multiplayer it should be easy to do on your own.

I can add it to the mod so everyone can use it. I'll put it in as a mission, example, so people can see how to use it in the editor.

Otherwise its rather easy to do in multiplayer. Just have ai mount a plane, then select everyone except for the pilot to action>eject. Voila...para drop.

We are going to add para drops to the action menu so it's easy to use for everyone.

Glider towing WIP pics(thanks aqu)

tow_wip1.jpg

tow_wip2.jpg

Edited by Rip31st

This is looking better all the time. Can't wait. Good job guys.

great to see some towing stuff and gliders. Did u have work on pointe du hoc on ur map?

great to see some towing stuff and gliders. Did u have work on pointe du hoc on ur map?

I think in my last installment of what comes out with phase 1 did not include the beach areas.

Can u tell us more about the new game mod (ww2 game mod)u r working on?

mode? oh you mean WW2 game mode:

Yes. 50/50 start. Each side...(2) sides start with an equal amount of towns. Minimal ai that are part of a early warning system for each town so people in multiplayer know where the fight is. Each town has a limited supply including a limited amount of armor and infantry they can spawn. Airfields are limited as in the number of aircraft they can spawn. Each side has a supply chain that can be affected by aerial raids or ground assault. These will affect the overall supply for given side. Rank spawns equipment levels. Each town includes several points that can be captured and spawned from, meaning you can capture a point in a enemy owned town and spawn from it. There will also be a mobile spawn system. Each town will have a army base that accounts for its supply. Once the army base for each town is captured, the town changes sides. Once a percentage of towns are captured, one side wins.

FPS should be high given AI will be low. Server performance should be high given less things to do.

hi, this mod looks good! When can we play this?

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

There are some demo of this mod? please release this mod soon, everyone is impatient :D