Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Bring it on! We have been looking forward to this since the release of ArmA 2. Thanks Rip31st and all the team.

Bring it on! We have been looking forward to this since the release of ArmA 2. Thanks Rip31st and all the team.

Since ArmA1 for me :), never played the first one since ArmA2 was already out (or close to it), so it got the uninstall shortly after.

Sounds excellent, I knew you would "Never Let Me Down Again".

;)

Awesome! :yay:

Just a little update:

M10 and tank crew come this weekend. WW2 Game mode is currently WIP.

Release is eminent.

nice, thats exactly what i miss to get the huertgenwald battle going :)

Pic from the WW2 Game mode which shows town ownership (testing):

ww2_gamemode.jpg

WOW, how long's it take to move between towns?

Also, will you be allowing permission for others to modify the mission? Looks like there's huge potential in this.

Edited by bhaz

Can you provide us a list on what is in the upcoming release?

I also have some questions

1.Who is going to defend te Neutral Towns?

2.Is there going to be any new Modules?

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

WOW, how long's it take to move between towns?

Also, will you be allowing permission for others to modify the mission? Looks like there's huge potential in this.

Depends...however it shouldn't take long. You should be able to find the action quickly. There will be frontal bases between the towns which can be captured. There will be mobile spawning, spawning from facilities within any town so long as it's captured by your side. You should be able to spawn from any facility your side owns no matter what location.

We encourage community participation. This mission will be available to modify with permission given to those that ask. Any changes made to the Game mode will be re-released through our mod team with credits given to various groups/individuals that participate.

Can you provide us a list on what is in the upcoming release?

I also have some questions

1.Who is going to defend te Neutral Towns?

2.Is there going to be any new Modules?

There are too many items to list. Wait for the official wiki that lists all the items, their classes, and gives instructions on how to use certain features.

1. In the main Game mode, it's Axis VS Allied.

2. Yes there are many scripting modules that come with the mod.

Edited by Rip31st

Okey, maybe i got this wrong, is the release this weekend? Or just some units?

And one more Q:

Is it more than 5 gigs now?:)

Sorry no, not this weekend.

I will send my stuff to rip this weekend so iam afraid you will have to wait a little longer.

Edited by T_Roc

Will the mod be playable in single player as well? I'd love to play it but not if I have to do it multiplayer, not really my cup of tea anymore

yes of course everythig will be available in the editor so you can make single player missions, but I don't think there will be any singleplayer missions included, but surely someone will make some son after release.

...except maybe some tutorial missions how you can use some of the special weapons which require bit more than just placing on the map in the editor. (V1, V2, gliders,...). EDIT: All the stuff is not there yet in the the 1st phase.

Edited by Aqu

Does this release even have the huge island? Also, what kinds of details does the island have? What I mean is do they have towns such as Saint Lo,St. Mere eglise? etc.

multiplayer?

Coop?

Team vs team?

yes

yes

yes

Okey, maybe i got this wrong, is the release this weekend? Or just some units?

And one more Q:

Is it more than 5 gigs now?:)

Not this weekend

3.21 Gigs -raw uncompressed folders...this will change.

Does this release even have the huge island? Also, what kinds of details does the island have? What I mean is do they have towns such as Saint Lo,St. Mere eglise? etc.

Yes...if you read the thread you will know how big the island is. The Map has many details. Yes it has Saint-Lo, St Mere Eglise, etc. & many more.

stlostmere.jpg

Edited by Rip31st

Haha, I read the thread. But I didn't know if anything had changed at all in terms of some change ups of the islands. Thanks :) Looks beautiful btw you can tell all the hard work put into it. Put this into my list of mod of the year.

Edited by B17gunner98th

Did you put any custom buildings specialized for french architecture in 40s'?

I see this has been mentioned before a while back, but I really hope you will make this compatible with ACE 2. There are so many ACE features that I could not live without, so having to disable ACE while playing this is not an option for me. Given the extreme popularity of ACE, I'm sure many people agree with me.

Playing without things like overpressure effects from tank guns, backblast from AT launchers, a reload system similar to the one in the game Red Orchestra (no ammo counter, just a message about the weight of the magazine when reloading), stamina effects so you cannot run for several kilometers at full speed with 100 kg of gear, and many, many more, would be a dealbreaker for me. I'd just miss all those features too much. And that would be a shame, given the obvious quality of this work.

Edited by Johan S