Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

hi rafalski,

i have a question, i spawn a empty chopper, after i spawn a team, i add the upsmon script at this team. The team go inside chopper and after they go in area0. And when they are flying in the area0, they jump in parachute and chopper continue, is it upsmon script who do that (IA jump from chopper for go to island and patrol in area0). ?

if it's your work it's just excellent !!

@delta

I don't know why/ sorry

@dalia

yes (if area0 is quite large, and no enemy around.. the heli will land pick up the soldiers and take them to the another point)

Edited by Rafalski

I just had while using UPSMON an issue where I could not give First Aid to a wounded teammate - The option showed up but when clicked it would do nothing. The man would simply still be injured and hurt.....

I just had while using UPSMON an issue where I could not give First Aid to a wounded teammate - The option showed up but when clicked it would do nothing. The man would simply still be injured and hurt.....

Yes, this is my problem, using BIS medic system (without ace).

I personally think if upsmon wants to become a successful script, this problems deserve more attention. :(

I personally think if upsmon wants to become a successful script,

in what area: sales, popularity, market area, trade mark hahahhaha

in what area: sales, popularity, market area, trade mark hahahhaha

hahahha, no no, the area is a "B MOVIE" of hollywood... ;)

Best Regards

Hi Rafalski,

Is there a method to spawn infantry group without creating a template group in the editor?

@D3LTA

I don't notice this bug and I play with ACE and UPSMON too.

Hi Rafalski,

@D3LTA

I don't notice this bug and I play with ACE and UPSMON too.

Hi

The problem is intermittent, very strange, I'm playing in single or MP, the medic system fail, the video show this. I don't know how to resolve...:butbut:

Hi

The problem is intermittent, very strange, I'm playing in single or MP, the medic system fail, the video show this. I don't know how to resolve...:butbut:

Are you only playing that mission when that happens? And I'm a bit confused. Are you using the BIS system and the ACE2 system at the same time?

I haven't seen this issue either. The first mission of my ACE2 SP campaign A Noble Cause uses the ACE2 WS and UPSMON but I've never had this problem in all my testing. Try that and see if it happens for you. Maybe I can find something in my mission that is causing it.

Are you only playing that mission when that happens? And I'm a bit confused. Are you using the BIS system and the ACE2 system at the same time?

I haven't seen this issue either. The first mission of my ACE2 SP campaign A Noble Cause uses the ACE2 WS and UPSMON but I've never had this problem in all my testing. Try that and see if it happens for you. Maybe I can find something in my mission that is causing it.

Hi Manzilla,

I´m playing single mission EOD Bravo (see link), to play it, the player need´s to use key 'T' to change your vision for the others soldiers of team. After time, the medic system crashes, drugs are no longer available (see video). EOD Bravo use ACE2.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13657

I have the problem with another mission too, a Multiplayer, without ACE2, only UPSMON. Other Human players (medics) complained that you could not heal players.

Others users here in BIS FORUM, complained with the same problem using UPSMON. I believe this is important.

PS. Stranger: the guy of EOD Bravo added the BIS First aid module in a ACE Mission... Problems?

-v1.2: Added BIS first aid modules to add-on free mission. PS2. I see now, the mission EOD Bravo has two versions, with and without ACE.

Edited by D3lta

The non-working medic issue that I have had....has only been when using UPSMON.....

It has been when using UPSMON along with the First Aid Modules synced to my team - It has been in small editor created missions.

It is not every time.....but what happens is your option to "heal" "*" shows itself - But when you right click on it....nothing happens.

It is not every time.....but what happens is your option to "heal" "*" shows itself - But when you right click on it....nothing happens.

Exactly.

It is not every time.....but what happens is your option to "heal" "*" shows itself - But when you click on it....nothing happens.

Same, a number of times i've observed this using UPSMON and standard BIS modules for battlefield clearance, first aid and action.

Just about to test BONs AIS system from his TFOR mission as he uses UPSMON and wrote a custom Injury system that seems to negate this issue whilst still giving the desired effect.

Edited by roy86

Another thing I've noticed using UPSMON (over just using the older UPS) is that when I use to use the older UPS for my QRF (quick reaction force - Put the UPS script inside the Team Leader of the QRF) This QRF Unit was to be called on via a Radio Trigger.... they would load up onto a helicopter and then would stay there as a QRF. Wait for me to call them in (if needed). Then they would show up, exit the helicopter and go ahead with their UPS patrol script in there given location...

In the few times I've playtested with UPSMON and using a QRF. The unit does not wait until the radio trigger is called. The helicopter will automatically take off after about 20/30 seconds...... Which is fine if I'm using my fellow AI BluFor units as security for my TakeDown team...... But does not work well as a QRF team.

(UPDATE) - With more playtesting - The QRF does work sometimes (with only launching once called by radio trigger).

Edited by meade95

So I've tried looking for the answer to this but can't find anything. I've created a mission, put the scripts folder into the mission folder, then saved the mission to multiplayer. Uploaded the mission to my dedicated server and whenever I load it in the server, I get the error 'scripts\UPSmon.sqf not found'. I tried uploading the scripts folder to the mpmissions folder on the server and that didn't solve the problem either. How do I fix this? Thanks.

Hey Yod,

Try saving it as normal and then move/copy your new mission folder from your documents to MPmissions in your arma2 directory and that should work fine.

hope that helps

I'm getting the ACE2 heal options greyed out when I use the newest UPSMON beta and just ACE2 and ACEX. I'm using it for the 5th mission of the campaign and when I disable UPSMON I can heal wounded units again. If it's in use again then ACE2 healing isn't working again. I'm only using ACE2 wound system and not the BIS version of course.

init_UPSMON.sqf

//------------------------------------------------------------------------

// These Variables should be checked and set as required, to make the mission runs properly.

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------

// ACE Wounds System for AI (set TRUE to On, set FALSE to Off) !

ace_sys_wounds_noai = false; // set it as required

init_UPSMON.sqf

I've tried it set to True and False. The options are still grayed.

Hi has anyone been able to solve the issue of spawning Armour from a template, where they stay in their tanks and do not go off on foot, as I still cannot get this to work?

Or can some let us know how I can spawn them from a script so they use UPSMON, as I do not want to place anything on the map, if it is a Template issue

Thanks

Hi has anyone been able to solve the issue of spawning Armour from a template, where they stay in their tanks and do not go off on foot, as I still cannot get this to work?

Or can some let us know how I can spawn them from a script so they use UPSMON, as I do not want to place anything on the map, if it is a Template issue

Thanks

Try this:

_grp1 = [getMarkerPos "TakArmy1", east,["T55_TK_EP1", "T55_TK_EP1"]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
call {[(units _grp1) select 0, "UPSMarker1", "noslow","spawned"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"};

Not really important but: call { } is pointless. works fine without :)

[(units _grp1) select 0, "UPSMarker1", "noslow","spawned"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"

thanks Guys

Just a quick question if i spawn say 3 things they spawn on top of eachother and sometimes they end up upside down ? any way round that ?

_grp2 = [getMarkerPos "taskarmour2", east,["2S6M_Tunguska", "BMP3","GAZ_Vodnik"]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
[(units _grp2) select 0, "marker_jav","random","nofollow","spawned"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

Edited by psvialli

Just had the *not healing* bug issue pop up again. Where once you click the the *heal* icon nothing happens.

Using UPSMON, Zeus AI and A2/CO. Nothing else.

Would be nice if in the "nofollow" command within UPSMON...that it would mean AI guys would never (even in a fight) leave their zone. Any way to have that happen? Make a "hardnofollow" command? Would really help when trying to use UPSMON for security Ops.