Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

I've got a small question regarding chem lights, is there a way to "attach" them to AI ? (yes, they got chem lights in inventory... but dunno how to force them to attach them to their shoulders ... ).

y has the apache been ruined?

ty have u givent he pilot control of rockets? when in a book i read about apache pilots he clearly states the guner picks targets, marks it on screen, pilot runs in an matches lines an gunner or shoots, and yes im sure it said the pilot can actually pull trigger also? the way it work snow, the AI gunner refuses to shoot his cannon for me, and getting him to fire hellfires is nearly impossible, i had to stop, hover, press . on numpad, then put the crossairs over tank an click attack, 20 seconds later he launched hellfire. it worked fine the way it was

Hellfires are currently bugged, but are fixed in the next version.

Everything else is fine.

You've got to be more specific than that.

Search the issue tracker and see if anyone else has had the same problem.

checked tracker, no sign. trying to post screenie but for some reason it wont let me :(

arma22009122415474104.jpg

here's a link anyway:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7305/arma22009122416045433.jpg

http://img37.imageshack.us/i/arma22009122415474104.jpg/

Edited by Mandrake5

Hellfires are currently bugged, but are fixed in the next version.

Everything else is fine.

thanks. but do u know how ur supposed to actually use the apache or cobra the way ace lets? i mean in vanilla, u fly along, tab to select target, left mouse to release missile, easy, select cannon, ai gunner shoots, easy. wots the secret with ace. stop hover, go to that command view an just b a sitting duck waiting to b shot down?

Use 'Command change weapon' and 'Command Fire' keybinds to make gunner fire hellfires (like in tanks).

I have an older version of the rsync, can I still use it to download Ace2 properly or do I need the latest? version i have is 0.1.9.

If i need the latest how do I go about downloading it, I cannot do it from the site for some reason?

y has the apache been ruined?

ty have u givent he pilot control of rockets? when in a book i read about apache pilots he clearly states the guner picks targets, marks it on screen, pilot runs in an matches lines an gunner or shoots, and yes im sure it said the pilot can actually pull trigger also? the way it work snow, the AI gunner refuses to shoot his cannon for me, and getting him to fire hellfires is nearly impossible, i had to stop, hover, press . on numpad, then put the crossairs over tank an click attack, 20 seconds later he launched hellfire. it worked fine the way it was

Hmmmm. I haven't had any trouble with my AI gunners and acquiring and engaging targets. This is a silly question but did you make sure you ordered him to engage at will(3-5) and Danger(7-2), or at least Aware? This can make a huge difference. I'll have to check it out again though but I was playing EW with ACE2 and the Apache was wrecking shop. Hopefully Mando already updated MMA to include the AH-64. I haven't checked yet but I'll be adding MMA to missions with the AH-64 when it's updated. That's the way to go.

great thank you, the page it was sending me to was Gem something and it would not let me download it, must have been at the wrong page, thanks.

@Nemesis_wales

do you have any idea how an actual Fire Control System works on either AH64 or AH1Z? By no means the easy way as you are saying, tab select tgr, fire.

@blackpulpit

shouldn't be any prbs using even an earlier version of the six-updater. But you can always updated it from it's menu: 101

@Mandrake5

what is the actual issue you are trying to report? Not getting it from the images attached.

@avanger:

no way currently, unless you are gonna use script it via attachTo command.

last question guys, I have re-downloaded my Arma2 game and was wondering what is the next step to do, should I download the new patch 1.05 and then run the installer or run the installer and then the patch, does it make a difference?

last question guys, I have re-downloaded my Arma2 game and was wondering what is the next step to do, should I download the new patch 1.05 and then run the installer or run the installer and then the patch, does it make a difference?

I'd patch to v1.05 first but that's just a personal preference.

niQ® - do you know , you can use Yoma tool , it works very nice

So does the SIX Updater ;)

=@Mandrake5

what is the actual issue you are trying to report? Not getting it from the images attached.

???

Acog CQB sight is beyond useless - big red splodge covers the sight picture. Zeroing is FUBAR also, when you fire at target 30 metres distant the rounds impact half way up the M203 sight!

???

Acog CQB sight is beyond useless - big red splodge covers the sight picture. Zeroing is FUBAR also, when you fire at target 30 metres distant the rounds impact half way up the M203 sight!

on the sights issue, please read this:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6619

the weapon should be zeroed @200m afaik. Please check, if not, put it down in the dev-heaven tracker

on the sights issue, please read this:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6619

the weapon should be zeroed @200m afaik. Please check, if not, put it down in the dev-heaven tracker

Why was that ''bug'' closed? I can confirm same thing... There is like some red ''aura'' around red line... Honestly... at this moment I find vanilla ACOG look better cause of that red line...

Also, I reported missing glass material on ACE optics long time ago and it's not fixed yet...

Edited by Minoza

ok i see the real-life ACOG now has the weird diagnonal red thing on it - can someone explain what the hell it's for and how you are supposed to aim with it?

The ACOG CQB sight in ACE1 was fantastic, a simple notch sight, perfect, why have they changed the design to something you cant even see past (and could we have the older variant as well please)?

Why was that ''bug'' closed? I can confirm same thing... There is like some red ''aura'' around red line... Honestly... at this moment I find vanilla ACOG look better cause of that red line...

haven't read my reply in the ticket, have you?

I'm have a minor sound issue but i'm not sure if it's my end because i have had sound problems before.

When i get fired upon it's hard to tell by the loudness of the firing gun if it's 50m or 300m away. I often find myself looking for the shooter within short distance to find out the guy was 300m+ away!

anybody having this sound "issue"?

Ä° think tehre is an m4a1 RCO config bug or just my misatke but,

Without ACEX there is an m4a1 M203 RCO model in basic weapon box with both optic and iron sight.But with acex i couldnt find this weapon.With acex in same box,same wepaon has only optic sight,acog.

withoutacex

arma22009122419235536.th.jpgarma22009122419234617.th.jpgarma22009122419354366.th.jpg

I've searched the thread, couldn't find anything obviously about this.

I can connect to any ACE server fine, however on any server, on any mission, as soon as I get past the mission tactical map screen bit I disconnect without an error back to the multiplayer server browser screen. No error on the server log either. Any ideas on how to at least get an error? No errors in the client side .rpt either, from what I can tell.

I'm 99% sure all of ace is loading for me, I can edit everything in singleplayer and have updated ace and the dedicated server just prior to trying.