Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Seagull spies

It would be nice if in some future patch side channel would be disabled if a player has respawned as a seagull... When playing missions that dont have a respawn and have many sides in game with real players its rather annoying how dead people can fly with their seagulls and reveal all enemy positions to his teammates using the side channel.

Edit: Or maybe stuff written/said to the side channel would be only visible to other seagulls, so they could discuss about the game playing without the players seeing what they talk?

I say make it so that we can shoot the seagulls and they won't respawn again, biggrin.gif. But yes that is a very lame tactic and disabling side channel is a good idea.

hey hey hey hey! Lets not be turning on the seagulls now, they did nothing to you wink.gif

I think they should make a button so u can disable or enable them completly cause squad matches are ruined.. so what if u turn off side chat all squads use some kind of voice communication

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jdf791 @ April 02 2002,23:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think they should make a button so u can disable or enable them completly cause squad matches are ruined.. so what if u turn off side chat all squads use some kind of voice communication<span id='postcolor'>

So you are going to shout the enemy positions to the global channel? You would propably get kicked very fast wink.gif Seagulls can be totally disabled, but it has to be done from the mission... But I like to watch how the battle goes, much more fun flying around as a seagull than watching your own body lying on the ground.

That's why i try avoiding using BIRD spawn in missions other than Co-op

If BIS can come up with a ghost mode for resqpan, that would be nice. then disable it's channel except for global.

even if side channels were closed, someone can manage to fly around enemie's places, so teammates know where to avoid(roughly).

I say make it a server option to disable the seagull-teamchat..

That way everyone will be happy smile.gif

So how will you shut down coms like RW in squad matches?

Most squads I know use coms outside the game. It sucks that this has to be even brought up but I know I'm guilty of doing this when playing COOP w/in our group.

Just get bored and alt tabing to many times drops my game sad.gif

Or just make it so you can shoot the seaguls, if one talks blow it out of the sky.

It's realistic. In real life dead people turn into seagulls. I've often had seagulls talk to me, revealing what my GF was doing when I wasn't around! The horror! wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In real life dead people turn into seagulls. I've often had seagulls talk to me, revealing what my GF was doing when I wasn't around! The horror!<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, so that's why they are always shitting on our cars. tounge.gif

I can't believe you people are bashing the time honoured OFP tradition of Seagull Recon Services!

I agree they shouldn't reveal enemy positions etc. though. A better option than seagull respawn would be "follow team memeber", like in Rogue Spear. Unfortuantely though, I think that has about as much chance of being introduced as the ability to join an in progress MP game.

Maybe in OFP 2.

You can control the seagulls?confused.gif

I always thought you coulden't control your seagull once you were killed. confused.gif

wouldnt make much difference if they're usin rogerwilco or similar voice coms..be better if you were lookin thru players eyes like rogue spear etc...at least they couldnt scout ahead btw......does in game voice comms cause any lag for anyone(server or players)?  never got a straight answer..

The seagulls wont forget about this...they will hit us hard next time...beware...

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 03 2002,05:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree they shouldn't reveal enemy positions etc. though. A better option than seagull respawn would be "follow team memeber", like in Rogue Spear. Unfortuantely though, I think that has about as much chance of being introduced as the ability to join an in progress MP game.<span id='postcolor'>

I guess that would be nice too, and shouldnt be that hard to implement even currently... I think it could even be done with a simple script in the mission, but im not sure. But I still would rather fly around with a seagull watching the battle go on wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sh3ll_Sh0ck2 @ April 03 2002,04:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can control the seagulls?confused.gif

I always thought you coulden't control your seagull once you were killed.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yes the seagull is controllable i usually fly to enemy positions and report back by seagull radio to my squad, and also flying around a team mate can be much fun oh and annoying to the team mate biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ April 02 2002,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's realistic. In real life dead people turn into seagulls. I've often had seagulls talk to me, revealing what my GF was doing when I wasn't around! The horror! wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I want some of the stuff you're smoking

tounge.gif

BTW, when your a seagull, they should make all comms go on global channel so the stupid spies will reveal themselves to the enemy.

just make them vulnerable. if they spy shoot them down and watch all the greenpeace activists storm the island.

"all, target seagull, 3 oclock"

it's fun to fly right in front of people's faces smile.gif

A seagull shit on a friend´s head once, many years ago. We were having a chat midsummer, really nice weather and lots of people doing their things. He has a hairloss at young age and the blank spot must have been too much to resist for the poor seagull not to check his aiming skills  biggrin.gif

-SPLAT-, it said. I could actually hear the sound when it hit. It was like someone just threw a paintbomb at him. Poor guy. Ok so I laughed so hard, I nearly died, not nice.. hehe wish I had a camera back then.

Hidden

How are you guys controling your seagulls???

All it does for me is slowly float upwards over my dead body!

Oh BTW, Most male birds don't have a Penis. So if you get reincarnated as a seagull, don't be suprised to find your little-jimmy to be MIA.  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sh3ll_Sh0ck2 @ April 05 2002,01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh BTW, Most male birds don't have a Penis. So if you get reincarnated as a seagull, don't be suprised to find your little-jimmy to be MIA.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Makes you wonder why they call it "flipping the bird" confused.gif

Its like flying a helicopter. :)Oh and use the E or W to move foward and S to slow down.Try that to.Q is for up and Z is for down.