Sign in to follow this  
sfc.itzhak

Operation unknown wip

huh.. is there many problems with it?

It's more that SFC.Itzhak doesn't have time to fix them yet, and the ACE2 team is busy with other projects that must be completed first.

Please don't write this "evil" words... This forum can be infiltrated by the devils and if they see this they can make this mod never coming out... So shhhhhhh. Just wait...

Why does the helicopter's needed to be released with ACE2 not just standalone and tested completly by community? Then you could fix all bug's that will show after feedback of addons users. And ACE2 team could implement them in their mod afterwards.

As it stands right now sfc.itzhak cannot release the addons to the public, due to the issues he still needs to fix. To do so would not do them any justice as he has done an outstanding job on them, up to this point. He is actively working on them, but is doing so on his free time and with work and real life, sometimes free time does not come as often as we would always like it to.

I can assure you that he is working on them though and the 3rd Marine Division testing team is giving regular feedback on what we are testing for him.

The omen has officially gone into play. This is what has happened in every single CH-46 addon that has "almost" been released. Time goes down to 0 we don't hear anything for a year or two. Then *poof* its gone.

Rising tensions with superstitions was always a bad thing. Word has been said Sfc.Itzhak is working on the addon, and a lot are testing it. Be patient, it'll come out when it's out.

I believe this is the omen. No doubt. I am looking into the magic ball and I see nothing.

then make your own....

I believe this is the omen. No doubt. I am looking into the magic ball and I see nothing.

Damn Trolls...

Well, either way, today, tomorrow, next month, I personally know that SFC Itzhak is a dedicated, hard worker, and at least he's gotten the Sea Knight into ArmA 2, which is alot farther than most WIP for the Phrogg.

I would say thanks first and foremost to him, then the 3rd MarDiv for the testing, and last but not least to all of you guys for showing so much interest in the project and keeping the thread alive.

If there's anything we all can do to help, IE- feedback, ideas, whatever, let us know pls.

Ok, me and Itzhak just spent an hour fixing a bug with the ramp, the ramp will now open and close as you enter and exit the chopper. Expect more soon. Also: I need a scripter or mission maker to tell me how to make a chopper land, I have used waypoints, helo pads, and told it to fly at an altitude of 0, and it still hovers at 1m above the ground.

I've always used:

this land "LAND";

Works for me. Of course a Get Out waypoint for the helicopter should do the trick too.

I've always used:

this land "LAND";

Works for me. Of course a Get Out waypoint for the helicopter should do the trick too.

No matter what I do, they hover over the way point, while the infantry jump out.

Was the Get Out waypoint for the helicopter or for the infantry group? It should always work for the helicopter itself, it basically tells the crew to get out. If you place an invisible helipad and give the helicopter (or crew, if they don't start in the vehicle) itself the waypoint directly on the helipad, they should land on it and get out.

Was the Get Out waypoint for the helicopter or for the infantry group? It should always work for the helicopter itself, it basically tells the crew to get out. If you place an invisible helipad and give the helicopter (or crew, if they don't start in the vehicle) itself the waypoint directly on the helipad, they should land on it and get out.

I got it to land, but the infantry don't get out, I want the crew to stay in.

Ok, you could give a getout waypoint for the infantry on the helipad, and a Transport Unload for the helicopter. Should do the trick.

Ok, you could give a getout waypoint for the infantry on the helipad, and a Transport Unload for the helicopter. Should do the trick.

That was the first thing I did, didn't work, the chopper hovers if the infantry are told to get out, I got it so it lands, but the engine turns off, is there a command to keep the engine running?

You can make a script that checks if the engine is off, and forces it back on again I guess. I'm not much of a scripter though, would probably need to contact a mission editor for that.

These are two scripted waypoints. _wphelo is the Helo's waypoint and which is located at an H (invisible) helo pad named "UH1home". _team1wp1 is the "GETOUT" waypoint for the INFgroup (Infantry squad). You have to synchronize the waypoints as described below... and then unassignVehicle for each INFgroup member. I hope this helps you out..

_wphelo = UH1group addWaypoint [getPos UH1home, 0]

[uH1group, 1] setWPPos getPos UH1home

[uH1group, 1] setWaypointType "GETOUT" this may make everyone get out if so try "TR UNLOAD"

[uH1group, 1] setWaypointSpeed "LIMITED"

;team1wp1 GETOUT synchronizeWaypoint with UH1 GETOUT wp1

_team1wp1 = INFgroup addWaypoint [getPos UH1home, 0]

[iNFgroup, 1] setWPPos getPos UH1home

[iNFgroup, 1] setWaypointType "GETOUT"

[iNFgroup , 1] setWaypointSpeed "FULL"

[iNFgroup , 1] setWaypointFormation "COLUMN"

[iNFgroup , 1] synchronizeWaypoint [ [uH1group, 1] ]

{unassignVehicle _x} forEach units INFgroup

Edited by Meatball0311

have the helo fly to an H pad with a Transport Unload waypoint.

At the activation put

heloname land "GET OUT"

it will touch down and keep the rotors going, all troops inside will disembark but the crew will stay inside.