Sign in to follow this  
Moosed

Muzzle Flash

Has anyone made a mod to change or get rid of the horrendous muzzle flash in arma 2 ?

Game looks so good at night time, then you shoot and are greeted with the worst muzzle flash in the history of gaming :(

If one doesn't exist... how come ? i thought it would have been one of the first things people would have modded.

I'll second that, the muzzle flashes leave a lot to be desired IMHO. I'm sure someone must have addressed these but not sure.

They are terrible, and they have always been terrible. For some reason they are yet to change one of the ugliest muzzle flashes I have ever seen (night time that is, day is fine).

Yes, this has been requested many times and its strange that hasn't been fixed as it should be quite easy.

I guess they have more important stuff to work on, like actually fixing bugs and improving game functionality, instead of sorting stuff that is more eye candy than anything else ^^

right. the only purpose of the muzzle flash at night is to block your sight and hmm it does its job pretty well at the moment^^

(and of course let the enemy see where you are^^)

You can indeed edit the muzzle flash.

It will require you to make a mod/pbo and config with new textures for that section of the model. Just point them to your new flash texture.

Yeah, I'm all for something better but what's there does the job just fine, I don't get the big hate on the muzzleflashes.

It just pulls you out of the immersion. I love night fights... from a distance and as long as I'm not firing my own gun. I remember reading a lot "that muzzle flash is really bad" youtube comments on richiespeed's videos, so I'm not the only one. Surely it's easy to fix?

so I'm not the only one. Surely it's easy to fix?

Nope..has been brought up plenty of times..here , in suggestions and elsewhere.