Sign in to follow this  
OFP Lover

is ofp1 dead?

i heard that from some guys while waiting for online gaming.

is ofp2 (or some other game with online gaming capability) the cause?

No, it's not dead. The cause for the majority of the community leaving OFP is BIS' new titles, the OFP's successors - ArmA and Arma 2.

Still lives on my computer. But the comunity is prity small and I think that ARMA and ARMA 2 are to blame:)

STGN

i heard that from some guys while waiting for online gaming.

is ofp2 (or some other game with online gaming capability) the cause?

OFP from 2001 is greatest game ever, but 3 years left since Arma1 was released and nearly 6 months since Arma2 exist

if you heard about OFP2 i can tell you, that other company own title (name of game) and released something which is very bad game that completely not meet OFP1 style (save your money and not waste them to find mistakes that many people prescribed)

Arma2 requires new PC, but it is new "real" OFP successor

OFP1 isnt dead, I'm making a big island for it now :smile: See my "Taviana island" thread in "Projects"

as for OFP2 I deleted it after 2 missions, good thing I didnt buy it :crazy_o:

thank u guys.

but are there two games titled OFP2, perhaps another (probably genuine) one still to come in the near future?

thank u guys.

but are there two games titled OFP2, perhaps another (probably genuine) one still to come in the near future?

There is only one game titled "OFP2 (Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising)" and it is developed by Codemasters which means it has nothing to do with BIS exept the "stolen" name (I know its harsh but OFP2 is basically a poorly designed game created from stolen idea and name).

Maybe you mean ArmA 2?

I myself am just in the process of reinstalling the game. There cannot be a computer of mine without it. I just hope they will have some sort of win XP emulator in 2052 so it can still be played 8)

I myself am just in the process of reinstalling the game. There cannot be a computer of mine without it. I just hope they will have some sort of win XP emulator in 2052 so it can still be played 8)

Why windows XP, it works much better for me on Vista and Windows 7 :)

Gotta agree there, my OFP is more stable and runs better in Vista then it ever did in XP (altho having 4x the amount of ram I did back in OFP's hayday probably helps too lol)

I'd rather say that OFP2 is dead :D:D:D

First of all - there is no such thing as OFP2 and company called CodeMattress or CodeBusters has taken many good ideas from Bohemia Int. and decided to create their own game. Luckily their product called Dragon Ricing or something like that became a complete embarassment. Stay away from that stuff and dont even think wasting you money on it ;)

If you want to put ur hands on something fresh, try Armed Assault II which is the real successor to the OFP.

Anyways the original OFP is still alive and kicking. A good proof of this fact is shown on the main forums page http://forums.bistudio.com/index.php ,where you see the ammount of people browsing specific subforums. Ofp section has always 10-15 guys browsings through while Arma1 section is next to empty, just like right now. Ofp section 17 viewers. Arma1 section - 0. Conclusion ?

Edited by Sudayev

I'd rather say that OFP2 is dead

First of all - there is no such thing as OFP2 and company called CodeMattress or CodeBusters has taken many good ideas from Bohemia Int. and decided to create their own game. Luckily their product called Dragon Ricing or something like that became a complete embarassment. Stay away from that stuff and dont even think wasting you money on it

If you want to put ur hands on something fresh, try Armed Assault II which is the real successor to the OFP.

Anyways the original OFP is still alive and kicking. A good proof of this fact is shown on the main forums page http://forums.bistudio.com/index.php ,where you see the ammount of people browsing specific subforums. Ofp section has always 10-15 guys browsings through while Arma1 section is next to empty, just like right now. Ofp section 17 viewers. Arma1 section - 0. Conclusion ?

The only thing that I like about OFP: Dragon Rising is that it is a complete failure:) Codemasters think they are the best and that they can steal our Czech ideas, they are like EA, nice screenshots modified in photoshop but then you get the game its nothing like the screenshots. :P

when were ArmA1 and ArmA2 released?

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

so what is the relation between OFP1 and CodeMasters?

AA1: 2006?

AA2: June 2009

Codemaster was the publisher: the one who did the marketing and distribution.

After they separated Codemaster had the right to use the trademark "Operation Flashpoint" still - for whatever reasons ...

I've actually heard that Dragon Rising was a pretty decent game, its main failing being horrible AI.

I think the problem that me and others have with OFP: DR is not that it is a bad game per se, but has taken the name of a game some of us truly love and made something different out of it. Also boasting around pre-release how they are at last making a successor to this award winning, genre definig game, completely ignoring the 2nd (true) successor to OFP already had been released (Arma2) by the developers of the game (BIS), not it's distributor (CM).

Maybe a not so fitting example:

If you put a Ferrari badge on your FIAT, don't expect to become close friends with ferraristi :)

There is a thread about Dragon rising in OFFTOPIC.

STGN

Yeah that's true, I don't like the way Codemasters basically stole the idea of our beloved game and made some half call of duty **** from it :mad:

And I remember how they were saying what special effects there will be and that they are looking in to quad core technology :biggrin:

I never believed in OFP2, that's why I didn't hesitate and bought ArmA2 :) Now I'm happy that OFP2 is a failure and also that BIS learned their lesson from ArmA1, I know ArmA1 was just a fast project but they could have done a bit better with the animations and car interiors :) Now I'm waiting for the next game from BIS.

By the way, here is my message to Codemasters :wave-finger:

I was very confused about the two games as OFP2.

No problem :) Just dont buy OFP2 if your clever and dont want to waste your money :)

I am in a country that almost nobody pays much more than a CD's price for any given software :D

anyway we have very low incomes (in comparison with countries like US) and can't afford buying expensive software.

Edited by OFP Lover