Sign in to follow this  
OFP Lover

is ofp1 dead?

If i want to play arma than i need a new computer,so i only play ofp1.

It running very good on my pc and notebook.ha

yes it runs smoothly even on not much new machines.

performance to graphic quality is very good (not so most of other games).

I would get AmaA 2 if not for the requirements, as my laptop isn't powerful enough to play it, and even if it was, as far as I know ArmA2 is pretty much just a muliplayer game and my internet sucks so it would be rather pointless.

i still play the ofp almost on daily basis, preferable the crcti mod for it.

I do think the arma and arma2 games are partially to blame however when i asked most people who quited ofp just when arma was out and buggy as hell. That they quited simply because ofp got 2 old.

Ofp to me still has unique combination of interesting combat with realistic touch in which arma and arma2 cannot live up 2. I like realism but mostly for coops, in fact like i saw in arma that its perfect for good coop experience.

But when it comes to pvp I prefer to see a tank firing a shell over my head into a friendly tank behind so I react with grabbing an carl gustav and making 1000 meter shot with it and then paying the price for sticking my neck out in sniper filled zone.

I like the strategy and tactics that are possible there and clearity of the field and its effect on combat. In arma and arma2 warfare seems more popular in which combatants fight each other over way 2 long range to still be called pvp. And with the engine focusing on realism it has so many exploits and tricks ones personal skill or tactical insight doesnt matter in comparisement to just be able to utilise these unballances.

When talking to lot of arma2 players with my background almost 95% agree but tell me they had to move to arma2 because they have a 8800 blabla video card that just will go to waste on ofp with 1200 meters of vd compared to their +5000 vd on arma in hd