Sign in to follow this  
LEEROY_UK

Using your PC in living room on tv ,ergonomics of it ?

Hi , i want to put my pc in my living room on my 46" hdtv but what in the hell do i put my mouse and keyboard on ?

Its not happeneing sat on my sofa with it on my lap thats for sure, tried that lol

Anybody got any suggestions ?

I'd get a wireless mouse/keyboard, or alternatively, a hub and a very long USB cable...

Hi , i want to put my pc in my living room on my 46" hdtv....

You're just showing off aren't you?

I recently hooked up my PC via HDMI to my 42" Plasma and I am about 6 Ft back. I use my coffee table and and have makeshift place to sit using a support cushion (one with arms) and a firm pillow. It's made in such away that it's like sitting on an office chair. Playing ARMA II this way is absolutely phenomenal experience. I am using Digital coaxial to a 5.1 receiver and the audio is nothing like I've experienced before. I can't play this game on my office PC anymore. This is immersion at it's best

I just sit on the floor with my back against the sofa and my keyboard and mouse on the coffee table - Works a charm, as long as you remember to put a cushion on the floor ;)

I just sit on the floor with my back against the sofa and my keyboard and mouse on the coffee table - Works a charm, as long as you remember to put a cushion on the floor ;)

I do the same on my 47" tv, sans cushion.

Abs

best ass cushion would have to be the memory foam contoured pillows, they will mold perfectly to your ass and you wont end up with your feet falling asleep from bad circulation...i know everyone sitting on pillows knows what im talking about

i dont sit in the living room but i do run my pc through my tv. i sit in the crash position on the bed. hoorah for the optical mouse.

I would recommend getting a wide coffee table with a lower level "shelf" to put the wireless keyboard and mouse. Something like this, except not with a glass plate on top (optical mice don't like those, obviously).

I have a wireless mouse and keyboard hooked up to my HTPC in the living room and it's great being able to pop them "under" the table to make more space. Also very useful for parties, where you might not want your keyboard sitting between various half filled bottles and glasses in a room full of intoxicated people. ;)

I haven't used a regular TV in nearly a decade (everything goes through my HTPC), and the best solution is a wireless keyboard with an integrated trackball/touchpad.

There's an ongoing discussion about what works and what doesn't on the AVSForum.

Something like this:

340x_usbkeyboardnew.jpg

I would not like to game on a tiny little trackball like that (and this is coming from someone who uses a Trackball as their main mouse)

If you've got an iphone or ipod touch you could get the airmouse program, great for media centre, wouldn't suggest for gaming though.

When I play I usually have the keyboard on my lap and the mouse on my right on a stack of books on the couch, still awkward though.

BTW, do they still make the stable table?

What you need is a pillow table. Its like two things in one actually :) Underneath is a pillow made like tha saco sacks so the table on top will rest comfortably on you knees or stumack or wherever you need to have your keyboard and mouse while playing.

Heres a picture 2008117-16639-1312_md.JPG

heres a video http://www.enklereliv.no/assets/video/22-005.mpg

Once you get a wireless keyboard and mouse this is the way to go for total freedom while gaming in your livingroom :) And hey.. if you got friends or family over for a visit and you haven't cleaned the table.. hand them a pillow table.. or while your on the toilet seat and need a table... :p Once you go pillow table, you'll never go back

Edited by cri74

Haha - That's great, I think I am going to sell my kitchen table and buy a couple of pillow tables. It doesn't only save space, it allows guests unimaginable freedoms, perhaps they wish to dine upon the porcelain throne rather than in the hustle and bustle of the kitchen? A true bachelors' comfort!

You need a good armrest or pillow for the mouse, big enough, best flat and pretty stiff. At least for me that always worked best, without it my wrist would hurt after some time. Something like this armrest, but a bit smaller.

I'm comfortable with the keyboard on my knees, if you are not and the pillow isn't enough because you don't want it lying on your legs look for a bed table.

Depending on your setup a wireless mouse & keyboard are needed.

If I've got arma running on the big TV in my living room, I just play with a wired Xbox360 controller. It automatically maps all the controls to the controller, and I can lay back on the couch and play no problem. It's great for vehicles, too, gunning in a tank turns out to be LOTS of fun with an Xbox controller. I can just plug my laptop in and leave it on my coffee table for the odd keyboard command.