Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

I have to say that after using Zeus AI, I find the AI to be much less effective at fighting. The ability to enter buildings is very cool but often times I see units facing wrong directions. Also in Zeus AI, the units don't really do anything when they're in the house. and really seem like they go there by random.

For example, I made two teams fight each other, one on the fields and one next to the building. Half of all the units ran into the house and went prone behind some corner and never moved again. A quarter of the units went on the outside of the building and leaned from the walls. The half that were outside got mowed down by the enemy squad, which then just went to their destination because the AI inside the house never moved or did anything ever again. While when using the normal AI they fire back instead of running into a building and doing nothing and usually won.

What I think about the Zeus mod is that the ability for AI to enter buildings looks very impressive indeed, its just that the AI isn't meant to move or fight in a building and that really saps the fighting power of the units because they almost never fire inside the house, use windows for their advantage, or lean from doors. The normal AI already use cover thanks to micro AI which applies to outside buildings.

I noticed that too, AI in buildings often does nothing, faces the wrong direction, and doesn´t even shoot back. Maybe they are frozen too?

To be honest i didnt expiereince "frozen AI" with the latest release (update via Yoma).

I just know about the issue that i cant controll AI in players squad to tell them "hold fire" e.g.

With the use of older Zcommon mod (see link posts above) that problem was gone.The latest features like popping smoke arnt included of course what one surely miss.

I am using OA with latest beta,no mods anymore.

I've been getting this as well. It's like the AI is disabled. Even if I team switch to the stuck player and then team switch back, said stuck player still won't move.

I still haven't confirmed it is Zeus though but it is one of the few mod I have running.

The OP hasn't been updated in a couple of months so where can I get the latest ARMA2:CO + ACE compatible version of Zeus?

Spork, SpetsnazOFP and for anyone else that has posted about frozen AI - care to post your detailed config and steps to reproduce this.

If you could do some testing by removing .pbo's that would no doubt provide useful information.

Having a reliable way of identifying this will help tremendously with testing a potential fix.

Protegimus

:)

The problem of "frozen AI" occurs just after a firefight won by my team. When i call my soldiers in formation or tell them to move or enter a vehicle, they respond but remain still and not moving. A typical example where this problem occurs very often is the mission "SEEK AND DESTROY" of missions of the BAF.

My configuration is: Arma2 + Operation Arrowhead + BAF.

(Beta patch 74123) + Zeus AI - version 0.01c (04/10/2010)

The problem remains with previous versions of the Beta patch.

I noticed that sometimes save and revert works for me to get my men back in line, but only until the next enemy contact, then the same men that were frozen before, are frozen again.

Playing with CO+ ACE+Zeus_AI

I noticed that sometimes save and revert works for me to get my men back in line, but only until the next enemy contact, then the same men that were frozen before, are frozen again.

Playing with CO+ ACE+Zeus_AI

Yes same here. I'm using the same set-up as you but I'm using the newest OA beta as well.

Well ok, so we are speaking about the same issue titled with a different topic.

When i read "frozen AI" i expect the AI to stop reacting on anything, just stuck and wait at their latest position for the end of a misison.

When i interpretate this right we all mean the same with "frozen AI",

AI doesnt react on players command, correct?

I guess it is a bit messy and difficult to sort things for the author if 10 people talking about different things but mean the same.

Furthermore it is a mass more work to reread each post for anything related to fix a problem, so i am sure a structured report of the issue would help a lot.

So lets simply collect facts, with

- minimal mod config. (means no mods but latest Zcommon loaded, as Ace version builds on the default one)

- result on latest stable ArmA Version (1.54)

- result on lastest beta Version(s), as this ones are the basics for the upcomming stable releases.

- latest working version

- any further notes

;===================================

Game version: ArmA CO 1.54 - latest Yoma updated Zcommon mod

AI doesnt react on players command

Game version: ArmA CO 1.54 beta 74630 - latest Yoma updated Zcommon mod

Game version: ArmA 1.54 CO- Zcommon mod from early September (popping smoke not included)

AI reacts as demanded

Game version: ArmA 1.54 CO beta 74630 - Zcommon mod from early September (popping smoke not included)

AI reacts as demanded

====================================

===================================

All further notes

So maybe the smoke poping feature is responsibe? I don´t know about this I saw the AI (my guys too) throwing smoke many times with the latest Zeus. When the AI freezes it isn´t necessarily under direct fire, so I don´t think the Smoke feature is responsible

Well ok, so we are speaking about the same issue titled with a different topic.

When i read "frozen AI" i expect the AI to stop reacting on anything, just stuck and wait at their latest position for the end of a misison.

When i interpretate this right we all mean the same with "frozen AI",

AI doesnt react on players command, correct?

I guess it is a bit messy and difficult to sort things for the author if 10 people talking about different things but mean the same.

Furthermore it is a mass more work to reread each post for anything related to fix a problem, so i am sure a structured report of the issue would help a lot.

So lets simply collect facts, with

- minimal mod config. (means no mods but latest Zcommon loaded, as Ace version builds on the default one)

- result on latest stable ArmA Version (1.54)

- result on lastest beta Version(s), as this ones are the basics for the upcomming stable releases.

- latest working version

- any further notes

Game version: ArmA CO 1.54 - latest Yoma updated Zcommon mod

Game version: ArmA CO 1.54 beta 74630 - latest Yoma updated Zcommon mod

Game version: ArmA 1.54 CO- Zcommon mod from early September (popping smoke not included)

AI reacts as demanded

Game version: ArmA 1.54 CO beta 74630 - Zcommon mod from early September (popping smoke not included)

AI reacts as demanded

====================================

===================================

All further notes

Yes, the AI is frozen. Just stands there.

Tested on:

Game version: ArmA CO 1.54 beta 74630 + ACE2 - latest Yoma updated ZEU_sys_AI, ZEUS_FindCover plus existing ACE2 Zeus AI stuff.(3 files there-zeu_c_ai_recognition, zeu_c_ai_rof, zeu_c_ai_skill)

Havent tried with out ACE2. That's all I use. Sorry for that inconvience.

I'm not sure what the last one to not work is. I just remember it's been happening for a while. Maybe a month or so. I was not sure what is was from. I figured it had to do with ACE2, DAC, or OA itself so I didn't know where to report it. It does seem to stop with out Zeus but I can't really say for sure. I can say that it hasn't happened yet when it is not used.

Edited by Manzilla

..... well at least tried to make a structured beginning, to make things easier for the author.

Like seeds on fruitless fields.

:rolleyes:

Is there any particular reason for future ACE-compatible releases to not work with old (1.3 build) versions of A2 Ace?

[software]

Product: Arma2 (v1.07) / Arma2 OA (v1.54) (both patched to the latest stable version)

[Mods]

Last Working Server: CBA (v129) ,ACE (v398), ACEX (v282), ACEX_PLA (v19), ACEX_SM (v67), JayArma2Lib (v??), ACRE (v1.0.10f), @<mymod>, zcommon (latest Zeus AI OA version)

Broken Server: CBA (v129) ,ACE (v410), ACEX (v282), ACEX_PLA (v19), ACEX_SM (v67), JayArma2Lib (v??), ACRE (v1.0.10f), @<mymod>, zcommon (latest Zeus AI OA version)

I'm experiencing difficulty in starting a server with the following mods running (it was working previously until I updated ACE, CBA, ACEX_xxx)

'-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE;@<mymod>;@zcommon'

The error pops up stating (dialog box):

---

ArmaA 2 OA

(x) Include file extended_eventhandlers\script_eventhandlers.hpp not found

---

The ZEUS AI Mod was originally download (latest version on this repository) via Addon Sync from: 'http://zeus-community.net/important/zeu_AI.7z'

Yes there are 2 cba files within the @zcommon folder (cba_extended_eventhandlers.pbo & cba_extended_eventhandlers.pbo_CBA_v0-6-0.bsign)

[Workaround & Limited Testing]

The server will start without the error if I remove the @zcommon from the startup (thus Zeus AI is NOT running on the server)

''-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE;@<mymod>'

[Test]

OK: Server with mod startup: ''-mod=@zcommon" or ''-mod=@CBA;@zcommon"

Fail: Server mod startup: ''-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@zcommon" - The exact same error message as shown above is displayed

I suspect @ACE is the cause of the problem (somewhere between version 399-410)

Last known working version when running Zeus with CBA, ACE and its other components was @ACE v398

Any idea's as I'm clueless!

Edited by LondonLad
Provided updated information

Who cares about ACE atm.?

Ace is a well done mod, but I am starting to get very sensible on Ace topic as i have to read in each discussion about any mod sth about ACE, if i want or not....

If Zcommon is working on vanilla properly again, the step to an Ace version would be a lil one.

But instead posting your configuration,your ArmA version and what you expierienced, or even better provide some small testing to help the problem to be done or encircled, users keep on posting like a f***in love novella author.

If u want to get the problem really fixed, listen to the author and what he was asking for above.

And just as general rule:

If u want to test or report a problem about a mod, run the mod alone to get valid result!

;)

I dont want to blame anyone , but it really pisses me,if 20 pages are posted where everyone reports in his problems but it cant be evaluated,coz it would take hours, to get the real important and properly points and statements.

We are all interested the problem to be fixed as soon as possible, so, plz make it as easy for Protegimus as possible to analyze single reports/posts.

A structured report would be a good begining imho,i posted a kind of an example above.

Imagine you would have to reread all the posts of the past 20-40 pages to find valid statements,that could perhabs help fixxing your mod...in your freetime.

It has imho sth to with respect towards mod makers, so plz spend at least 5mins of your time to create a correct and convincing post.

Well, after the past pages this needed to be out now.

I dont want to start a discussion about a non Zcommon topic in this thread nor i want to heat things ,it is actually just a hint, how we could create evt. a more productive and useful thread for both ,mod maker and mod user.

:)

@LondonLad

Looks like sth with your CBA seems to messed.

Is a cba file also in your Zcommon folder?

I suppose you are using Arma2 OA or CO or Vanilla? Stable patch or latest beta .....which version was the latest working one?

What version are u running now?

@Manzilla

Havent tried with out ACE2. That's all I use. Sorry for that inconvience.

Why dont you give it a try and test it without ACE to get a convincing statement, would take ya 5 mins at max.:)

Edited by Nephris1

@ Nephris1 - I'd suspect alot of people care about ACE (as well as many other mods out there).

I'll update my thread (#939) to include futher information that you've mentioned.

Yes I should have stated that but my excuse is that I'm no 'games tester' and do not know the procedure to produce a comprehensive report, and the other is that it was late and it had been a long day :P

I do understand the frustration about posting as much information as possible and providing meaningful reproduction steps (if possible) but again you have to realise that alot of the people here are here just wanting to game and may not know the process in how to provide these meaningful reports - Hence why you see alot of short paragraphs mentioning an issue.

At the end of the day, we ALL want issues to be resolved, we just all say/mean it in our own way :)

*anyway - off to edit my post (#939)

Thanks for clarifying the 'AI not responding to human group leader commands' issue. It makes sense now and the information should help in resolving it.

Regarding the comments about AI in buildings, I know it's a mixed bag but not only do the AI shoot when in buildings or on them they also enter buildings that you may be taking cover in and this adds an important dimension, completely missing from the default AI.

LondonLad: if you're using ACE or have independently downloaded CBA, try deleting the (old) CBA extended eventhandler version 0.6.0 that is included in zcommon - extended eventhandler should only be loaded once.

Note either CBA version 0.6.0 or v128/v129 work properly by themselves.

Protegimus

Thanks for clarifying the 'AI not responding to human group leader commands' issue. It makes sense now and the information should help in resolving it.

Regarding the comments about AI in buildings, I know it's a mixed bag but not only do the AI shoot when in buildings or on them they also enter buildings that you may be taking cover in and this adds an important dimension, completely missing from the default AI.

LondonLad: if you're using ACE or have independently downloaded CBA, try deleting the (old) CBA extended eventhandler version 0.6.0 that is included in zcommon - extended eventhandler should only be loaded once.

Protegimus

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I had also posted the issue within the BIS ACE thread referencing this post.

They have replied and resolved an issue which can be found here

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14710

Once again, thanks for the information.

Im using Arma Combined OPS OA, ACE 2 , GL4 with zcommon_ace.

I'm creating a urban combat campaign and Im having trouble with AI in Buildings. is Zcommon_ace the best mod for AI in buildings?..I don't see GL4 working towards that purpose, I also tried SLX Gl3 with no success.

Protegimus

Wait the Zeus_AI files in zcommon(excluding Zeus_FindCover and Zeus_sys_AI) work for ACE2? I thought we were supposed to use the old ACE2 version. Did that change with an update?

Totally confused, did the ACE Devs now sort out the Problem with no responding AI? :confused:

The issue with AI gunners not responding to human group leader commands is fixed, thanks to the detailed feedback from Spork, Whitebishop, Nephris1, Tonci87 & SpetsnazOFP to name a few and to rabbit for additional testing.

The other issue reported by domokun and Nephris1 regarding human led AI not respecting the 'hold fire' order (apparent ROE violation) is also improved.

I had chosen to allow the AI to engage with a minimum combatmode status of "WHITE" (Hold fire, engage at will) as the wiki states that when a player orders his units to "Hold fire", the units are set to combat mode Green, i.e. one state below white.

Also, I say 'improved' as the behaviour matches default AI whereby they occasionally appear to still engage.

If you want the updated version to test immediately you can grab it from the Zeus TS3 server:

teamspeak.zeus-community.net:9987

Support & File Repository. The web site & Yoma's should follow once more testing is completed.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus
Added TS3 server address

I am confused now?

What do we use now for combined operations?

Zeus AI?

Zcommon? or both?

Somebody said to remove certain Zeus OA files - ai skills, zeus ai recognition, and zues ai rof,

I am running ACE OA, SLX, GL4, with the recommended settings to work for these to work correctly together. I just don't know what I am doing now as far as Zeus stuff I should run with this.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Sweet! Is zeus-community.net down? I can't seem to access it :(