Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

2MB save on the script suite size is awesome news tbf

can't wait for next version ...

BTW mando, with the release of the MOAB bomb, any chance of you adding your mando system on it?

Didn't see an answer about this but is it possible to add High Command comtrol for the airborne troops.

I was able to get this to work.. although I had to make a one line code change in MMA scripts to get it work properly. Since we don't know the units or group names being dynamically generated inside the script as they are jumped out of the helo, it made it difficult to use the mando_airsupport_re_action extension inside the init.sqf.

Inside the following script: mando_airsupportdlg.sqf on line 4720, there is a statement that tells all the created units of the new group arriving via the chopper to join the leader (player) as a unit.

if ((({alive _x} count units _group_i) > 0) && (alive _leader)) then
     {
        [b](units _group_i) join group _leader;[/b]
     };

Changing it to this makes the newly arriving reinforcements join my existing High Command Bar and I now control the team via High Command instead of individually:

if ((({alive _x} count units _group_i) > 0) && (alive _leader)) then
           {
              //(units _group_i) join group _leader;
              [b]_leader hcSetGroup [_group_i];[/b]

};

This is changed only in the dialog based version of the script. The same change could easily be made in the non-dialog version as well on line 897 of mando_airsupport_nodlg.sqf. A few things to note:

1) I am using the script versions and not the add-on in my mission. Those using just the addon will not be able to add newly arrving troops to their HC...(hopefully Mando will set me straight...:)

2) In my mission I already have High Command modules at startup placed on the editor so the one line code change is all that is needed.

L8r,

EEM

Edited by EEM
Changed quote....

EEM, at the moment you can use the reinf code var, wait there until the group units are part of player's group, then ungroup then and add to your HQ group.

I will add another global to set the group where you want the reinf to join. You will be able to set this variable dynamically (if not set, its default value will be the player). And you can use also the config and info list boxes to set it on-the-fly from the console itself.

About the non dlg function, beware, as it is not updated yet with the A2 changes applied to the dialog based one.

Your scripts work fine in OA, hell, I can even use FLIR!

thanks for your work. I assume you will be changing the FLIR buttons to OA FLIR for OA?

Good news Fox.

I dont have OA yet, once I get a copy I'll see if activating OA FLIR can be done directly from script over a precreated camera.

maturin, just tested 1.07 patch few mins ago and so far everything works quite fine, might be even smoother than before.

Crap, it looks like it is ACE this time around. After all the stuff they did with AGM guidance (dodgy pilot-gunner commands and SACLOS-like hellfires, sorry to say), there are serious conflicts. My hellfires don't home in on their targets anymore even the lock is maintained, and the TVs are barely usable.

I wonder what the prospects are for a version of ACE with the overlaps removed.

Sorry Maturin but I dont understand.

Is that MMA works bad for you using ACE?

Is that ACE alone works bad for you after 1.07?

Is that ACE alone works bad for you after an ACE update?

Is that ACE works bad with MMA?

Is this 1.07 patch related?

Is this related to an ACE update?

Is this related only to Hellfires?

Do you have problems with MMA guidace? with ACE? with both?

Everything related to 1.07 + MMA alone works well for me. And it seems that OA + MMA works fine too (I had not tested myself yet).

Sorry Maturin but I dont understand.

Is that MMA works bad for you using ACE?

Is that ACE alone works bad for you after 1.07?

Is that ACE alone works bad for you after an ACE update?

Is that ACE works bad with MMA?

Is this 1.07 patch related?

Is this related to an ACE update?

Is this related only to Hellfires?

Do you have problems with MMA guidace? with ACE? with both?

Everything related to 1.07 + MMA alone works well for me. And it seems that OA + MMA works fine too (I had not tested myself yet).

I'll start from the beginning, sorry. I'm pretty sure the problem is with mma and ACE (plus all ACE extras like the PLA and the soundmod)

Because of prior experience using beta patches, I thought 1.07 was causing problems. But playing with 1.07 and mma alone, everything worked fine. I just tried out ACE and all its extras together with mma and patch 1.07.

Hellfire Ks and Ls from cobras and apaches were diving into the ground 1000m behind properly locked targets.

Mando Huds on helicopters occasionally lacked components or were slow to respond. The 'targeting squares' are especially bad, as they seem to have a bad 'frame rate,' lagging behind where things really are. Sometimes they disappear, popping in and out. It's possible that this results from funny behavior from a Search and Destroy waypoint, turning the engine on and off, however.

Weapon TVs are frequently too choppy and slow to be controllable.

In short, the most problems occur with vehicles who have had features added by ACE, such as the U.S. attack helicopters.

All this is hard to test and inconsistent, and I was frequently confused while trying to isolate causes. So that's what made me ask whether bad CPU performance could slow down the scripts any significant amount.

Edited by maturin

Well, ACE will not fit in my A2 HD so I cannot test by myself. Anyway these problems started for you after 1.07? After a particular ACE update? And which is your average FPS for A2?

Well, ACE will not fit in my A2 HD so I cannot test by myself. Anyway these problems started for you after 1.07? After a particular ACE update? And which is your average FPS for A2?

No, I have had problems with Mando for a while, but I wrongly attributed them to 1.05 beta patches. Now I suspect it started with the ACE updates that implemented new systems for Hellfire missiles. It's an ACE problem and 1.07 works fine.

I get 12-14 fps in the first benchmark mission.:o

Hi mate.

I'm using addon MMA + 1.07 + (non-empty) Kuznetsov (updated) and when I place your Kuznetsov module nearby, I get a CTD straight away on preview.

Now I thought it could be my update to the Kuznetsov, but as "TAKR_F0" remains unchanged, I can't see how its my update.

Is it 1.07 ?

FYI, I discovered 1.07 does NOT like p3d files that contain only vertexes / points in the Resolution LOD(s). It CTD's. Seems p3ds have to contain a shape or be empty.

Hi Thanks for responding!.. :)

EEM, at the moment you can use the reinf code var, wait there until the group units are part of player's group, then ungroup then and add to your HQ group.

Doesn't this get kind of tricky if I am already a member of a group/heirarchy? How do I tell which units were already assigned to me and which ones were the reinforcements when telling the units to leave my player?

I will add another global to set the group where you want the reinf to join. You will be able to set this variable dynamically (if not set, its default value will be the player). And you can use also the config and info list boxes to set it on-the-fly from the console itself.

I think your idea will work...

I'm thinking outloud...bascially in this case, the pattern would be to create a new empty group local varibale to the code var, assign this new empty group to the global you will add? For Example psedo code as I can't remember syntax off hand..

mando_airsupport_re_action = {
   create local varibale for _mygroup;
   _mygroup = CreateGroup("name");
   [i]new MMA Global Group name to Join = _mygroup;[/i]
   player hcSetGroup[_mygroup];   //this would add new reinforcements to High Command from the code var

};

About the non dlg function, beware, as it is not updated yet with the A2 changes applied to the dialog based one.

Thanks for the warning!... :)

L8r,

EEM

When ever i try to use the mod it always says "Requires Extended event handlers"

Do i need to download this?

Or why don't i have it?

*EDIT*

I found out where to get extended event handlers, but now says it requires version 1.08 of it. I downloaded it off armaholic.

Edited by BittleRyan

When ever i try to use the mod it always says "Requires Extended event handlers"

Do i need to download this?

Or why don't i have it?

*EDIT*

I found out where to get extended event handlers, but now says it requires version 1.08 of it. I downloaded it off armaholic.

DL CBA. It has the newest official XEH in it.

Good luck.

Gnat, might be this is mando gun phalanx model (mando_phalanx.pbo in the pack), which is the only addon in the pack with a 3d model.

Do you have any idea about how to fix it? Remember that my knowledge level with 3D things is well below 0 ;)

EEM, mando_airsupport_code_re receives two arguments:

the group of the transport chopper and the group of infrantry reinforcements

So you know immediately which units will join your group.

mando_airsupport_re_action = {

_transport_group = _this select 0;

_reinf_group = _this select 1;

// Whatever here

};

BittleRyan, MMA doent require XEH, but if you use MMA_XEH then extended event handlers addon is required (which is now part of CBA). Read the online help or included pdf for more info about MMA XEH.

The problem is confirmed with mando turret (phalanx model). I causes a CTD after 1.07 patch which also affects the MMA setup for Gnat's carrier as it adds two of these turrets to the ship. The good news is that Scars is fixing it so expect an update soon.

Gossamer, this was already done, so, yes, this can be done again with that launcher. What might be missing is the missile (SCUD) model itself.

I know I'm late, but how do you add the script/module for Gnat's sub?

ray243, I think Gnat subs already include their mma setup inside.

Your scripts work fine in OA' date=' hell, I can even use FLIR!

thanks for your work. I assume you will be changing the FLIR buttons to OA FLIR for OA?[/quote']

i do have a problem with the console in OA

the laptop interface is not showing properly (the grey area around the console screen) the sidebar where the insert altitude and direction , the number of aircraft etc. is chosen used to be black but now it shows the camara (satlink view) over the entire hight (you still can select the direction and hight and number of planes but its hard to read)

yes i have the interface size set to normal, screen resolution is 1920 x 1080p

so i hope mando gets OA soon so he can take a look at it

otherwise i want to ask fox to show me his settings so i can check to see if it works ok then

(ps the console is still very usable and handy :P )

supergruntsb78, do you have similar effects for MCCs TV and standard MCCs? Any warning messages in the RTP?

this is what i get, notice the back ground at the right side selection menu

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab153/samreedijk/arma2OA2010-07-0601-42-17-75.jpg (linked because file is >100 kb)

edit : checked on of the mcc's and they look ok no mis placed views , hudds are also fine and UAV screen is also ok so its purely the airsupport console thats somehow screwed up in ARMA II : AO

Edited by supergruntsb78