Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

NoshDaMinsk,

that might happen if:

- You are running a mission with Gnat's subs. Sadly these subs initialize MMA by their own, so you might have MMA engine initialized several times.

- You are running a mission with Fortran's F117. This addon executes an obsolete version of MMA initialization included in the F117 addon.

- You are running with very low fps, or overflying terrain areas where lots of new textures are being loaded.

- You are in a MP game where the pilot is human (owner of the Ka52) and you are the gunner. In this case the Ka52 is not local to you and if cnx is not fast enough you might see the chopper "jumping" (this is not MMA related but might generate this effect).

If none of these, then no idea.

NoshDaMinsk,

that might happen if:

- You are in a MP game where the pilot is human (owner of the Ka52) and you are the gunner. In this case the Ka52 is not local to you and if cnx is not fast enough you might see the chopper "jumping" (this is not MMA related but might generate this effect)

Yep - only happens in MP - darn it....

And that is so cool when you are flying with a mate you and THEN get that flickering stuff.

Is there anything I can do (apart from getting a T1 connexction) that would solve it?

Cheers

Nosh.

Well, the position of your plane in MP is determined by the owner, which is the pilot. And the position is synced through the network so little can be done there except improving the ping. I guess you will see your chopper itself "jumping" a bit in external view mode. Anyway, aside of that problem inherent to MP games, the control of the camera should be smooth and responsive, right?

Well, the position of your plane in MP is determined by the owner, which is the pilot. And the position is synced through the network so little can be done there except improving the ping. I guess you will see your chopper itself "jumping" a bit in external view mode. Anyway, aside of that problem inherent to MP games, the control of the camera should be smooth and responsive, right?

Control of the camera is sweet - I can see how peeps get annoyed a little first time round, as it is sensitive, BUT once you learn to move your mouse pointer a small bit at a time, it seriously rocks....

Great MOD - love it!

Nosh

Thanks Mando!

I managed to make it working but now there are 2 more things I noticed:

1. There are no tracers for any of the ammunition I used

and

2. can you explain how to use this option in the mando_gunattacker.sqf and how it affects the turret?

firing gun: The gun class which will fire, "" if none.

Thanks! :)

PS: Any chance of a manual or anything compareable for all the functions you have in mando_missile? :bounce3:

1 - Place the MGA gamelogic in your mission to have scripted tracers and sound. Or execute the following in your init.sqf

if (isNil "mando_gun_init") then
{
  []execVM"mando_missiles\mando_gun\mando_guncheck.sqf";
  []execVM"mando_missiles\mando_gun\mando_guneffects.sqf";
  mando_gun_init = true;
};

2 - firinggun parameter is not used at the moment. It was intended to be the weapon class.

I have little time for manuals at the moment, the best you can do is to read script headers or to check the old MMA online help for ArmA1 (many scripts usage explained there are still valid with MMA for ArmA2).

rexehuk, do not add the full GL to your mission, but add the following to your init.sqf:

[] spawn
{
  while {!alive player} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

[[""], 0, "Javelin", [1], [1], 0, 0, 0, [0,0,2], mando_missile_path+"huds\mando_hud_javelin.sqf", 0, 0, [[-1,"Javelin"]], 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assign_portable.sqf";

[[""], 0, "Stinger", [1], [1], 0, 0, 0, [0,0,2], mando_missile_path+"huds\mando_hud_stinger.sqf", 0, 0, [[-1,"Stinger"]], 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assign_portable.sqf";

[[""], 0, "Igla", [1], [1], 0, 0, 0, [0,0,2], mando_missile_path+"huds\mando_hud_igla.sqf", 0, 0, [[-1,"Igla"]], 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assign_portable.sqf";

[[""], 0, "Strela", [1], [1], 0, 0, 0, [0,0,2], mando_missile_path+"huds\mando_hud_strela.sqf", 0, 0, [[-1,"Strela"]], 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assign_portable.sqf";

[[""], 0, "MetisLauncher", [1], [1], 0, 0, 0, [0,0,2], mando_missile_path+"huds\mando_hud_metis.sqf", 0, 0, [[-1,"MetisLauncher"]], 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assign_portable.sqf";
};

Hey Mando,

Is this suitable for large scale operations? 35+ Players? Not sure if it caused the crash on my map or not tonight.

Would it not be better to have a mando game logic for portables only?

Regards,

Rob

AFAIK, It is suitable for large scale operations, there is no limitation there. ATM I dont see any reason to have portables only GL, if you want it just execute the code you have there in the init.sqf without including the full GL.

Well something caused CTD for a few members of the mission, we're running Ace 2 and played a mission after which ran fine (didn't have mando in at all).

I was thinking maybe running that loop on many players might of crashed a few?

I have an issue, I cannot fire the Sidewinder from the AH-1Z. I can attain a successful lock on enemy aircraft, but pressing Left-Windows key does not fire.

Testing in the A-10, AV-8, and F-35, I can lock and fire normally.

Is there something I have missed?

BTW, thanks for this fine addon!

hi mandoble,where to find explanation for noobs?when I put the game logics in editor nothing happens(((

Hi Aelin,

you mean you load the mod, via command line or launcher, put MMA Full and MMA Init game logics, put yourself as, say an A-10 pilot and you get no MMA activation?

I'm just a user myself, but maybe I can help a little.

Cheers

Crusader

adlabs6, might be you were flying without gunner, in that case you should switch to "Manual Fire" first.

Mandoble, I just had a few moments to double check.

I discovered that I see this issue while running the ACE2 beta 2 v195 milestone. When I run without ACE2 enabled, my AH-Z1 sidewinders lock and fire perfectly.

I discovered that I see this issue while running the ACE2 beta 2 v195 milestone. When I run without ACE2 enabled, my AH-Z1 sidewinders lock and fire perfectly.

I experienced the same thing (AH-1Z sidewinders would lock but not fire) but didn't think a great deal of it at the time (was in the middle of something else). Just tried again now using ACE Build 208 and can fire fine every time, perhaps fixed in all the work they've been doing with eventhandlers in recent builds.

Sorry, just tried again and the problem is back, only this time I cannot lock.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Darn, and now gone again.

For some reason the Javlin is not locking on on to targets when using the TOP and DIR locking systems.

I have tried to lock on to a tank, vodnic and a bmp while they are moving and still, but no lock.

I press TAB on them, but nothing happens??

This might happen using a high zoom level, already fixed for the next beta.

This might happen using a high zoom level, already fixed for the next beta.

Hmmm, well it'll be choice if it works in next beta, :yay:

Any idea when that will be? :p

Was planned for past weekend, it might happen this weekend.

With the new MMA beta or the new ACE version this issue is fixed :)

And my ACE 2 Setup is finished now :yay:

Supported Planes and Helicopters:

- Su27 (all 3 variants)

- KC-130J (same HUD as C130)

- AH6 and MH6 (Flares + Navigation HUD only)

- Z9G and Z9A (PLA helicopters)

- AH1W and AH1Z variants

With the new MMA beta or the new ACE version this issue is fixed :)

And my ACE 2 Setup is finished now :yay:

Supported Planes and Helicopters:

- Su27 (all 3 variants)

- KC-130J (same HUD as C130)

- AH6 and MH6 (Flares + Navigation HUD only)

- Z9G and Z9A (PLA helicopters)

- AH1W and AH1Z variants

Cyborg, I thought the AH64 was also supported? :confused:

Cyborg, I thought the AH64 was also supported? :confused:

LOL. It is. But it's included in the MMA Full Setup not in the ACE 2 Setup. :bounce3:

In ACE 2 it has only a new Hellfire camera and the HUD was changed because the ACE 2 AH64D has new Hellfires ;) And yeah this is in the ACE 2 Setup :D

Cyborg is talking about a mission setup as complex as this ;)

ace_faa_logics.jpg