Sign in to follow this  
i3luevein

City Life 2 RPG MOD (WIP)

Cheers for that Sparcdr.

Just so you all know, our main goal now is to get to a stage so we can get people playing.

Things that are WIP can be added as we go along, and suggestions etc..

What time line are we looking at? As long as it takes - But we don't wan't to release anything that isn't playable or we will look like a bunch of rookies (Not that it isn't playable now) but we have a quality guide line that we must stick to.

Today me and several other fellow beta testers have re-tested every bug thats been reported so far. I got to say, they are making progress fast!

we are working hard getting things a good as we can make it due to another mod we had to take measures to protect the mod so it set the RD back a little. but the bugs are almost all worked out.

Well in all honesty Shadow - now, twice people have given our addons out before we have finished them.

To say paranoid isn't the correct word - I would say proud. There are many addons that are unfinished, but in the mission so we can test scripts with them.

If someone gives it out before we do or finish them with no RPT errors and it messes up their ARMA 2 installation then the fingers point back to us, not the inpatient idiot that gave it out.

Our webpage logs every event and your date of birth was edited 1 minute before you posted a beta application. (As if you read our FAQ and seen you need to be 16 to be a BETA) Then posted a really bad image of your id card which looked like it was edited when zooming in.

There is an age limit to ARMA 2 and I'm afraid it's there for a reason, not only that but kids tend to give things out and in previous experiences don't test or report as well as we would like.

arma2age.png

Now, please stop crying, it is really our decision to who we allow beta test.

Edited by i3luevein
fixed grammar and spelling

Actually I cant recommend that guys... The mod is surely awesome, but the people behind it are just awful.

The whole Dev Team of CityLife is paranoid. If you sign up for their BETA, then you get accused with loads of things that are complete lies, e.g. that you edited your birthdate on the homepage, after you realized you must be 16 or older (though you are 18+). In addition they accuse you of criminal actions like falsification of documents (ID card and driving licence).

So yeah, I cant recommend these guys...

Also lets not forget he used a different name then he dose here and has a real bad abusive word count

Not to give you guys any more work, but have you considered creating subculture groups to the Metalheads availaible in Vanilla version?

It would certainly add an interesting and in my opinion, realistic element to the game as it is now. I'm thinking along the lines of punks, hardcore, skinheads (trads).. entertaining site here by the way: http://yourscenesucks.com/

Yes - does sound like an interesting concept.

At the moment all the available civilians are spread over the 40 available civilian slots in game.

There is a feature being worked on to change clothes. More on this to come.

Hi all,

A small update for you, the BETA testers have been playing City Life 2 now as it should be played to find any un-seen bugs or bugs made during later on in the development progress.

What do we have left to do you may ask?

1) Fix the current issues which could potentially lead to a loop hole in code to enable players to exploit.

2) Finish a few models

a - CL EMS HQ (Police & EMT HQ)

b - Car pack and various cars (Not essential)

c - Item pack has a few outstanding bits and bobs.

3) Get a promo vid made and out for people to see

4) Design/plan a process to filter in players into the MOD

The biggest question you have been asking "When will it be released?"

The final answer to this is: When Its Ready! We can't say a date or time as this could back fire on us when we don't meet the dead line.

Hey mate - ArMaTeC is patching up final pieces from the RPT and code.

Concurrently IMG is putting a Police HQ together, Fraser is constructing an EMT and Fire Station, I have been getting a car pack together and we have all been chipping in on the Sigma vehicle pack, he kindly allowed us to port over to ARMA 2.

So busy times, but it's worth it :yay:

a8nR-E6jICk

sigmaadvert.jpg

Edited by W0lle

Looks really awesome, cant wait for this..

Any updates/news regarding City Life II would be interesting.

We are working very hard to finish getting rid of all the major bugs so it can have a stable open beta release.

Once again it will be ready when its ready, but it shouldnt be too far out. :-)

Regarding future, will we see this coming to OA?

and if yes, please don't use Zargabad. Big Cities lag on most peoples computers, and so make gameplay really unpleasant. Also, how about making "cops" UN Peace keepers in OA? :D

cant wait to try it. how are u storing our game progress?

The game progress is stored using a tool ArMaTeC made and it is done in 4 ways.

1 - Each money transaction you make it save's your money amount to the server.

2 - User interface from a save terminal, this save your money, items, vehicle keys, your location, your vehicle/s location, licenses, skill points, weapon/s, vehicle fuel and items in your car trunk

3 - Same as #2 but if you own a house you can save there and store things in your house.

4 - Every 5 or 10 minutes the server collects all the save data then exports it to ArMaTeC's save data tool. Here we can view all the saved data in the form of a webpage. So if people have managed to cheat the system, we will be able to see.

Regarding future, will we see this coming to OA?

and if yes, please don't use Zargabad. Big Cities lag on most peoples computers, and so make gameplay really unpleasant. Also, how about making "cops" UN Peace keepers in OA? :D

I have no idea if we will move to OA, it's early days for that and it will depend on the community's requirements and requests.

Cheers

--EDIT--

When City Life 2 starts up to all new players - you will be starting with $50 and 0 skill points, even we are. The $50 will enable you to purchase a tool to carry out some work to earn money or you can use it for a skate board to carry out some delivery boy jobs :)

Edited by i3luevein

How many players can play at the same time?

We have optimised the server for 70 players.

The mission file size is tiny, every function is sent to the client as they join the server.

However if you want to register on our webpage, please feel free to look at our CL WIKI

Edited by i3luevein

How many players can play at the same time?

Right now the server is set up as a 70 Man Server

40 Civs Slots

20 Police

5 SWAT Slots

5 EMT (Paramedic) Slots

However to play a police you will need to be a civ for a while and apply to be an officer and then be trained. This cuts down on police harrassing civillians for nothing as we are trained in proper protocol and procedure.

The number of people could change however do to lag issues and such...so nothings final until its finished

City Life 2 coming soon news

So hear we are - ready to deploy our hard work for the ARMA 2 community to enjoy.

What we are currently doing is getting a few download links put together so you don't put masses of strain on our server whilst people are playing.

So hear is a list of features we have to offer - (Or as much as I can remember)

1) Fully integrated save system, it will save everything you have and your location.

2) ATM and bank system. You cant withdraw more then your daily limit from the ATM so you have to go to the bank for large sums of money.

3) Money system that changes to a credit card when it reaches a million.

4) House ownership with storage of your items.

5) For civilians there are many jobs on offer;

Hunting

Fishing

Street Sweeper

Pilot Instructor

Repo Man

Bus Driver

Taxi Driver

Delivery Driver

Or you can do some hard graft and collect resourses to sell at the market.

6) Shop ownership, the main shops have to be owned and you earn the cash spent there or you can build your own shop and stock it with what you chose and set your own price.

7) For those that fancy working in a team you can become a Police officer or a member of the EMT team where you will have to provide a rapid responce team to revive seriousley injured people.

8) Integrated number plate system on custom cars.

9) You can modify your car with a turbo, tune up kits or even install a low jack tracking system onto it.

10) Every item in City Life 2 has a model, so you drop a fish on the floor and it will be there for you to pick up or leave.

11) Skill point system - to be able to use some of the better shops you will require skill points.

12) Custom built buildings such as, Jail, Police HQ, EMT HQ, Bank, Race track, Car Parks and Post Office.

13) For those that want to try and earn some big bucks on the illegal side of life you can always grow your own drugs, smuggle illegal items from the black market, mug people or even Rob the bank.

I'm sure I have most likely missed loads of stuff out and if any of the beta testers or dev team read this they can add some more. Cheers

If you have any questions about it please visit our CL2 WIKI http://www.cityliferpg.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page if you can't find the answer there give me a shout.

cl2img.jpg

post #4 in this thread

the problem with Sahrani life in Arma1 was that the mission was .. pointless. I advised them a lot of good ideas and some of them they used ( governor, governor voting, chief of police, production of goods and some more ) but in general they paid too much attention on little details instead of developing mission goals so as result their mission become less popular among adult players and more kids were coming just to bomb and kill all around. Other words they destroyed their own mission.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1479458&postcount=4

-------------------------------------

I think if not OA this mission would be out in 6 more months. Not sure how many people will play it now but I hope they will because as I see there was HUGE work. Hopefully, this mission will succeed and will not be pointless. So far I don’t see it interesting because I see no goals for any role but you never know before you try personally. Looking forward to try it.

Edited by MaxRiga