Sign in to follow this  
i3luevein

City Life 2 RPG MOD (WIP)

i also thought about making houses with useable flats. but such houses would have much polys i think. maybe it can be solved with the resolution LOD. the interior of the flat should only be there when you are actually in it.

such flats can be used as an alternative to the houses. you would have to pay regulary every paycheck or so..

they wont be that many polys, box's in a big box with some furnishings, Throw a few doors in, maybe a ladder or 2 and an elevator :) Wont be any more than a tank that's for sure

will give you city life guys some of the cars that ive been working on if you want them? will be releasing the 350z late 2nite or early 2morrow morning then the other cars will follow

will give you city life guys some of the cars that ive been working on if you want them? will be releasing the 350z late 2nite or early 2morrow morning then the other cars will follow

Sure, we lack a bit of civilian choice. Cheers mate

if you like you can also use my bike (if it ever gets finnished:rolleyes:)

Edited by Tobie

man just imagine robing a bank and speeding off with cars that AirOne Racing, NZDF CRASH and EMERY made.

haha that will be nice.

This is a very interesting mod, helps with the immersion for us realism junkies, all sounds good to me thanks.

Thanks everyone!

@MaxRiga

At the moment we use the houses for personal storage and you can save at them so when you log back in, you start at your house. I love your ideas too! I'm working on coding them in, keep them coming.

Thanks everyone!

@MaxRiga

At the moment we use the houses for personal storage and you can save at them so when you log back in, you start at your house. I love your ideas too! I'm working on coding them in, keep them coming.

nah, i'll wait till beta so to be more precisions about ur MOD.

-------------------------------------

added

every single unit/object must have a logic. there are civilians ( they have their own logic in the game ) and there is crime ( so it has it's own logic too ). There are objects, such as car, boat, airplane ... they all have logic and functions. Having a house as storage ( which one can be scripted without any houses ) has NO any logic. If something has no logic in the game/mission then it's not interesting to use and reduce interest in a mission at all.

Edited by MaxRiga

any news/updates or the mod is already over?

If they had something to tell us I think they would, you know that dontcha? :D

hahaha,

yeh, latest news - we all had a great Christmas break and looking forward to a drunken new year.

Well latest talk as I have been unable to test as am AFK.

Nothing to announce yet but I can sense a warm feeling in ArMaTeCs pants which isn't a Christmas log being laid.

I have been working on this - forget the site it's being hosted on as I'm just using it to template it before we host it and its not final.

City Life Pocket Book

Edited by i3luevein

Another WIP Video made by one of our BETA testers RussFlyin

1eH0uo1TlEs

guys ... as i said before I wish ur mod luck but so far it looks like another ChernoLife with addons. Just a hint - noone played ChernoLife with their addons but now many people are playing ChernoLife without addons. So, I wish people will feel them selves to spend time and download stuff to play ur mod ... but your mod has to worth it. After watching your video ( with zero information but some addons in it ) I don't feel my self that it worth to download ur mod and play it. On another hand there are two ChernoLife servers full of players. I really hope u listen all what i've said before in this thread ...

That video was just a beta tester showing off what it looks like, new features etc. You can't take a 7min video and say "that mod won't be good". CL1 was great, as long as there was an admin around to enforce the law when 10 year olds came on to kill people. CL2 will be even better, with more jobs, features etc, and be a better RP than CL1.

showing off what it looks like
After watching your video ( with zero information but some addons in it )

man, the video didn't really show anything except addons. Any way, it's just was badly done, I'm sure mod has lot of more stuff and features that can't be filmed but you have to feel it.

By the way, I can't imagine that somebody will be really interesting to play cops with all this guarding people to jail duties and work as guard in jail or something .. too much attention on details without building strong story-mission line. It's just going to be boring for a players to do a routine jobs ... people want to spend time PLAYING not guarding people back and forward :))) Hope you guys will consider this fact.

By the way, I can't imagine that somebody will be really interesting to play cops with all this guarding people to jail duties and work as guard in jail or something .. too much attention on details without building strong story-mission line. It's just going to be boring for a players to do a routine jobs ... people want to spend time PLAYING not guarding people back and forward :))) Hope you guys will consider this fact.

Well 1st in CL1 there was many dedicated realism units/clans formed who us to fight over the cop slots in the server and all we have done is increase the realism to that side so I envisage it being the same when we release.

His video shows addons, and a scenario he made up. A video is hard to capture actual game play alone and obviously wasn't his desired effect or he would of made a video about what you mention. :D

the video is awesome! and there is a BMW:inlove:

Well 1st in CL1 there was many dedicated realism units/clans formed who us to fight over the cop slots in the server and all we have done is increase the realism to that side so I envisage it being the same when we release.

His video shows addons, and a scenario he made up. A video is hard to capture actual game play alone and obviously wasn't his desired effect or he would of made a video about what you mention. :D

i3luevein

your RPG missin is based only on massive multiplayer. the success of famouse massive multi-missions ( such as evolution, warfare, berzek and others ) based only on action with it's own private/player goals ( plz, read one more time post #4 in your thread - http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1479458&postcount=4 ). You will not find famouse realistic coops, becouse people are coming to play arma2 when they CAN do it, and so they want to spend their time as better as they can for thier limited time.

Believe me, there will be not so many people wishing to play cops in your mission if their duty will be just to walk back and forward. Yes, there will always be kids demanding "realism" and bla bla bla but after playing 5 minutes of boring realism they just leave ur server to go to play berzerk. And your server will never be massive multiplayer server then, so people will choose massive ChernoLife instead. Look at Tobie, he said -

the video is awesome! and there is a BMW
If u show him picture of BMW in your mission he would say the same, so, was there a reason to create useless video then? The same question for the mission - is there a reason to create routine mission not so many people will play?

Please, please, please ... think one more time about the mission you do! Arma2 community really needs in good RPG mission, since ChernoLife is just a parody on RPG and the worse one. And it's going to be a total absurd if CityLife is going to me a parody on the parody with addons, you know what I mean?

Edited by MaxRiga

Max,

The only time you really post in this thread is to bitch about something, are not getting it at home or something?

As we discussed before, and in a PM you sent, your suggestions are being worked on by DaChevs, as you can Imagen there is allot of codeing involved. Goals of which you speak in Evo and Domination are not goals but objectives, but I like the word goals in an RPG seance.

The purpose of his video was 2 fold:

1) Because he wanted to

2) To show some of the mods included

I didn't see anywhere where I or he stated game play of City Life.

Suggestions we like. Moaning like an old granny we don't ;)

MaxRiga if you don't like it don't play it. It is that simple. Just like all the other missions ever made (coop, pvp, rpg, single player) if you don't like it don't down load it. No one is being forced to play any mission and nobody is paying to play.

Last time I checked you were not voted the voice of ALL the players in ARMA2.