Sign in to follow this  
Bulldogs

No dedicated server on MW2 as well...

Come the next installment of the franchise there might not even be a version released for the PC.

yap, think so.

MW3 ~ console only

DLC 1000 bullets ~ 1€/1$ :D

think it's time to let this whole thing go, it's really not worth the effort anymore. they aint gonna change anything and those answers on the livechat yesterday,

just showed me, that isn't infinty ward anymore, that it was under grant collier through all the years till finally cod4!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQwHwP0ojI&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQwHwP0ojI&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cya on modded, dedicated, lowping, cutom map servers @cod4/5 and of course @ BIS and other communtiy made'n pimped games!

...just to pi**** off atm after these weeks now and it sure costed to much nervs, anger & liftetime and ....the last one in this thread can turn off the light

hydro_500.jpg

over and (finally) out

(with subject codmw)

rip-cod.png

they are packaging the game with el cheapo nvg's....its not just a console thing...its a 12 yr old spoiled brat thing...

cod is like joe camel seriously...they market it directly at the screaming in the mic over xbl brat ass suburban kids that havent had physical exercise in years but will threaten to beat you up

if you have a console by any chance just rent the game and see what the sp is about...i seriously wouldnt look into the mp at all

quake 3 with a m16 but now the m16 has heartbeat sensors and at4's can shoot at ac130's that are controlled by some guy hiding looking into a laptop

The worst part is if a PC gamer buys it, all that money will go to another Console port... Yes they will be traitors.:(

MW2 isn't a console port! It has mouse support! You heard what they said.

MW2 isn't a console port! It has mouse support! You heard what they said.

Not only that, it even graphics settings!

On steam forums i think they are speculating with the possibility of no widescreen support has it haven't been confirmed by IW :D

Well, that's it. They are screwed..

-Maximum 9 vs. 9 (In contrast to 32 to 64 players on CoD4)

-No leaning (Hello, console!)

-Using the 25 killstreak (tactical nuke - also new and FUBAR) the game is over.

-No console ability (/reconnect, /disconnect, /quit, /record is out of the window)

And there I was, thinking that you were yoking. I had to see it for myself, I'm starting to get interested in the developments around MW2. Just like with Dragon Rising. :D

That killstreak thing is the worst design I've seen in years, you now get presents to kill even better till you get the WIN button. I for one, was already happy with a narrator saying "Godlike!" in UT99.

cod is like joe camel seriously...they market it directly at the screaming in the mic over xbl brat ass suburban kids that havent had physical exercise in years but will threaten to beat you up

They should've added a better headset that supports highdef screaming.

And there I was, thinking that you were yoking. I had to see it for myself, I'm starting to get interested in the developments around MW2. Just like with Dragon Rising. :D

That killstreak thing is the worst design I've seen in years, you now get presents to kill even better till you get the WIN button. I for one, was already happy with a narrator saying "Godlike!" in UT99.

They should've added a better headset that supports highdef screaming.

"Ingame VoN automatically increases volume of high pitched voices"

gawd I heard the news about so few players ingame and all...

seriously I had a small idea that I might enjoy a bit of old call of duty but this seems like it all downgraded so much its depressing.

Gonna play this at a friends place to see if it is going to be as bad as it seems like..

gawd I heard the news about so few players ingame and all...

seriously I had a small idea that I might enjoy a bit of old call of duty but this seems like it all downgraded so much its depressing.

Gonna play this at a friends place to see if it is going to be as bad as it seems like..

It's amazing that free mods like PRM absolutely thrash games like DR and MW2 when it comes to online play.

Sure MW2 will have a great 4-7 hour SP experience but you won't be getting my $60.00 for that priviledge.

I cancelled my pre order the second I found out there was no dedicated server.

Wow, D2d and Stardock wont sell the PC version, because Steam is required and on the disk... wont be that many sales on day one..

Carmack just announced that they are not sure what system Rage will use but that it most likely won't have dedicated servers, as he supports the move to not use dedicated servers with games anymore.

Carmack just announced that they are not sure what system Rage will use but that it most likely won't have dedicated servers, as he supports the move to not use dedicated servers with games anymore.
Well that quote from him isnt confirmed yet, so ill wait, but i didnt think Rage was a multiplayer game anyways? And the qoute was for Rage not dedis in general.

From best buy sponsored chat between fans and IW....

Q: Is there a console in the PC version of the game, so we can change our field of view from the xbox's default 65 FOV to 80 also can we tweaks the weapon damage for each gun, removes perks, graphical debris, breathing sway, also thru console like we where able to before or is this all gone?

Vince-IW: We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it.

Also hard-coded limit of 9vs9.

If OFPDR wasn't bad enough of a slap in the face, IW pulls this. And those two statements are only a couple of the issues brought up.

No modding, no dedicated servers, pretty much no nothing, oh and for $10 more than the typical PC game to match the price of console games...less more more. No wonder the gaming industry is crapping out.

So far the Battlefield series and ARMA are my last PC FPS hope.

From best buy sponsored chat between fans and IW....

Also hard-coded limit of 9vs9.

If OFPDR wasn't bad enough of a slap in the face, IW pulls this. And those two statements are only a couple of the issues brought up.

No modding, no dedicated servers, pretty much no nothing, oh and for $10 more than the typical PC game to match the price of console games...less more more. No wonder the gaming industry is crapping out.

So far the Battlefield series and ARMA are my last PC FPS hope.

This, ArmA2 is so much fun and you can customize it any way you want (plus the player limit (recommended) is 100 slots)

Brother got the game for the PS3 today. I can tell you that, so far, those of you who want it only for the SP due to the MP restrictions, you won't be disappointed. It bests the first game, and I haven't even finished it yet. Completely awesome.

Brother got the game for the PS3 today. I can tell you that, so far, those of you who want it only for the SP due to the MP restrictions, you won't be disappointed. It bests the first game, and I haven't even finished it yet. Completely awesome.

Well I would never consider paying full price for a game that probably have a very short SP campaign if I did not have any intentions of playing MP. That being said of course I do not doubt that it is fun, and well made.

Every supermarket and places that sell games in north london havent bothered to order the pc version of mw2 for the release date, im so fucking annoyin how the pc community are being slowly killed off

Well I would never consider paying full price for a game that probably have a very short SP campaign if I did not have any intentions of playing MP. That being said of course I do not doubt that it is fun, and well made.

The same for me COD single players have always been enjoyable romps, but not something I would ever pay full price for.

The 2 or 3 hour campaign that was in COD MW 1 is only worth about a fiver to me.

Actually, COD isn't a big title of excitement for me, I prefered Doom and Quake and Half Life.

I've never bought a COD title on PC. Nor would I ever imagine doing so. I find myself strangely unmoved by it's lack of PC compatability.

Edited by Baff1

Well, I've been playing MW2 for pretty much the last 3 hours straight with my brother in the Special Ops mode. It's absolutely awesome. My brother is also playing through the SP campaign, and so far, it too is awesome. It's longer than the first as well.

Can't be bothered trying out the MP on the PS3 as it gets really bad reception where it is and is always laggy.

Well, of the four people I know who had pledged not to buy the game unless MP was proven to be awesome, three went out and got it today and are now waiting for it to be activated on Steam. So much for boycotting it. :rolleyes:

I hope others around the world are stronger. If millions of people still buy this game despite the lobotimized MP, I see dark times ahead for PC gaming.

It was doomed from the beginning really. I just hope that people realize after it's activated that this wasn't as expect and that they show their comments about it on the IW forum.

I, however, still stand firm on this belief. I won't buy MW2 unless their mind changes.