Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

Apprently I shouldnt have posted that thread, it resulted in 8 people being banned, and about 10 getting infractions up to the limit.

CM's communication even with me has been super limited of late, but I never thought they'd stoop to such levels. Im guessing the only reason I didnt get banned was because of my mods.. lucky

So now that you have accepted, now matter how much you supported Dragon Rising, that CM like to butt fuck everyone for money, you gonna try and like Arma 2 now?

If you know you will never like it, that is fine. Nobody should force anyone to like anything. But if you don't like it, you shouldn't really be active in these forums. After testing Dragon Rising I promtly left the CM forums.

Most hilarious thing is that the DR community has many complaints, and after 4 months of continuous begging for fix, this is the answer to all DR problems "NICE...."

"Nice" wath? "I made a Nice s..t" maybe, or "Nice buggs", or "is Nice here in Hawaii with the stolen money", "Nice phishing, suckers!!!„ What should mean that word: „Nice„? Weird .. some guys really are proud of their:cc: stupidity.:386:

Edited by gulag

"Nice...", its a kind of biscuit we Brits like to dunk in our properly made cups of tea. :p

Nice_biscuit.jpg

In all its glory. Nice...

Edited by Bascule42
Mmmmmm....Nice.

"Nice...", its a kind of biscuit we Brits like to dunk in our properly made cups of tea. :p

Heh. It's also a town in the South of France. Indeed, did not Sion Lentil make mention of another town in the South of France:

I really see Modern Warfare 2 as Hollywood and we're the Cannes...

Maybe he's now saying Gashpoint is more like "Nice, France", than "Cannes, France"?

Just a thought.

there's an american version of that, or rather 101st ABN version of that when the germans demand their surrender in bastogne... NUTS.

Most hilarious thing is that the DR community has many complaints, and after 4 months of continuous begging for fix, this is the answer to all DR problems "NICE...."

"Nice" wath? "I made a Nice s..t" maybe, or "Nice buggs", or "is Nice here in Hawaii with the stolen money", "Nice phishing, suckers!!!„ What should mean that word: „Nice„? Weird .. some guys really are proud of their:cc: stupidity.:386:

His response of "Nice..." was because one of their forum posters, said that Lenton was better as a spokesperson than a developer. (To put it "nice"-ly).

Nothing that many people have already pointed out.

templar responded fairly upset that after months of turning in requests for fixes, and problems, and getting no word from a CM developer AT ALL, then the first peep out of them in months is a single word. I can actually understand templar's disappointment, I mean the guy IS TRYING and supporting their game more than CM themselves. and now they banned their most loyal player. Actually I read what templar posted in response, and I don't see a single thing in his post that warranted what he got.

The fact of the matter is Lenton follows the teachings of Molyneux. To the letter. Molyneux's company actually houses some of CM's offices. Molyneux is well known for super, over the top, promising anything and everything in a game pre-launch. He's done it for years successfully. He's a Hype guru. The game launches and 90% of the games don't have most of what he promises. He hit a home run with Fable and Fable 2 only because they were actually "ok" games and the timing of their release was perfect. But with all his games there's one thing that's common. They have MASSIVE launches, but then within a month, nobody is buying. If you say anything negative about any of his games after launch? He'll do one of two things.

1) he'll say "Yes, I'm disappointed that particular feature didn't make it into the final code. It's a technical problem that we had to scrap." - something like that.

(Yeah, scrapped a primary component that you've been promoting for months if not years.)

2) He'll sidestep. "The gaming industry is a very complicated industry and choices had to be made that are too complicated to explain here."

Basically saying "I'm smart, you're not, don't ask."

Sound familiar?

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Yep. Sion is a twunt. So is most of the Cm dev team who were on that project, all the I know a few of them left out of shame.

This thread should be locked and deleted. Just thinking of the name codemasters pisses me off. I am never buying a CM game ever again.

And to think they have the rights to my most beloved sport, F1, god, its ghastly!

Edited by Guest

some crazy shit was going down they were banning people left right and centre.
From what i've just heard, Sion spat out his dummy after all the negative posts regarding himself and Helios ( Ian ) got an arse kicking from Sion and higher ups to do something about it. Templar escaped by the skin of his teeth only because he is virtually keeping the community alive on his own, but he won't be given many ( if any ) further chances.

nice...

From what i've just heard, Sion spat out his dummy after all the negative posts regarding himself and Helios ( Ian ) got an arse kicking from Sion and higher ups to do something about it. Templar escaped by the skin of his teeth only because he is virtually keeping the community alive on his own, but he won't be given many ( if any ) further chances.

nice...

I've seen Lenton, I don't think he could kick anybody's "arse."

Hes the sort of guy who turns up to a funeral in a Porsche 911 and then goes on about how it has leather seats and air conditioning.

He is also that guy who drives off in a Porsche 911 and crashes into a completely, mind bogglingly stationary tree.

Luhgnut;1566848']I've seen Lenton' date=' I don't think he could kick anybody's "arse."[/quote']I meant a verbal "do something about this or look for another job" type of arsekicking :).

nice...

Was templar banned or simply infracted? I can't see them banning their one contributor to the game. Then again, anything is possible with CM.

I can't see any reason why people would still want to persevere with that game. It's obvious that the development team no longer cares about it, so why should they?

i was actually reading the thread then when i changed pages i noticed half of the people was all of sudden banned ...

i was like ... snap ... lol ...

yeah:

Templar: "I support this game, I really do, but please may we have some commication from CM?"

Other guy: "I agree, I would like a patch!"

Other Guy 2: "Yeah, a patch would be great!"

Next page...

Templar: Temp Banned

Other Guy: Perma Banned

Other Guy 2: Perma Banned

Half of the forums: Perma Banned

Sion?

Nice...

Did I miss something? :confused: Everyone's talking about a mysterious thread ... the only-line-of-defense-of-DR-named-templar banned? :confused: What for? Why? ... DR still alive? Yet dead? :confused: Yet no dedicated servers for DR? Yet no SDK for DR? :confused:

Sorry for the many questions but I missed "something" between the page 317 and this one.

Maybe he's now saying Gashpoint is more like "Nice, France", than "Cannes, France"?

Just a thought.

Either that or he meant "Nice... that's where I spent the last year thanks to all your money!"

So, Templar, still like Dragon Rising? Or have you finally given up now?

I wonder where Sion will be in a few years time. Probably not devloping games.

Say, I always wanted someone to clean my toilet :)

I dislike Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising very much. And I suspect most agree with me simply because:

When I tried playing online with my friends PS3 - nobody was playing. There was only one server up with only 3/4 people playing.

Then I reinstalled the original GOTY Flashpoint and found dozens of servers and players still in operation. Now that's what I call standing the test of time.

Dragon Rising, to me, is a total flop and a smack in the face to fans of the original game. Codemasters failed.

The levels to me show clear signs of "development". If there is an enemy 200 meters or so in front of me, there is a sandbag, or a rock, or a wall right there for me to take cover behind. How convenient. It's like in those movies where some guy is pinned down behind a wall taking enemy fire and he sees an explosive barrel next to them and he full-autos it Shwarzenegger style and they all go flying off a cliff. Even the placement and positioning of enemies and bunkers seemed so "designed" to me. In the original game, it felt more like the developers were saying.. stop being a pussy, man up, you're a snowball tossed into hell and if you don't like it stick a lollipop in your mouth and go back to playing COD. It was brutal. It was rough. THAT is why it captured the hearts and minds of so many people - THAT is war. Brutal, rough, no hold-your-hand BS. It's almost a turn on in a creepy sexual way. Every time I died in OFP I wanted to touch myself.

Other complaints... I honestly don't know. I played the game for 3 levels and stopped playing. If they renamed the game and dare not have called it Flashpoint, I'd be fine with it as a stand alone game.

But seriously Codemasters, do NOT call it Flashpoint.

Edited by SpecOp9
adding why I think it blows

Apprently I shouldnt have posted that thread, it resulted in 8 people being banned, and about 10 getting infractions up to the limit.

No one can blame you for the results of CM' non-existent customer support and "stick-our-heads-in-the-sand"-style of communicating. The dimwitted comment by Lenton (action) caused people's anger (reaction). A competent professional would never have posted anything, and certainly not something like that, but let his goons handle it for him instead. But we all know that Lenton certainly can't be called "competent", or even "barely sufficient".

Having over a 100 people in the development team (X3) for over three years with the largest budget ever in CM' history, and still not having anything worth playing for more than a few hours is pathetic. I don't think they got Lenton into the project to save it, and get it to a state where they had planned to be when they set out, they got him in to kill off the project and get back as much of their investment as possible with the flawed product that it was at the time of release. By (knowing that they would be) investing several years into the development they did indicate that they were planning to make it a mil-sim, but the outcome has been very different, with the company failing on just about every level. Anyone on that team that has worked on it for more than 2 years should be fired, as well as all executives in charge of development regardless of how long they worked on it.

So, Templar, still like Dragon Rising? Or have you finally given up now?

I wonder where Sion will be in a few years time. Probably not devloping games.

Say, I always wanted someone to clean my toilet :)

CM's actions, or lack there-of does not change the fact that I love the game itself :yay: