Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Namalsk crisis

Work on Gauss rifle is done.

Gauss rifle is a powerfull rifle (sniper and attack versions) with high accuracy and heavy damage. This weapon is used by NAC fraction in Namalsk Crisis campaign.

This weapon will be released with Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification.

Model is inspired by Crysis Gauss rifle.

Credits:

Model by Sumrak

Textures and sounds from Crysis by Crytek

Scope from M107 by Bohemia Interactive

Screenshots:

gauss_1_small.jpg gauss_2_small.jpg

Edited by Sumrak

Hey man, nice work! The gun's sound and recoil really make it feel powerful! Just curious of what would've happened to the soldier if you had shot him...

Looking forward to playing this mod!

Terrible, good job.

On the other and the music it is what? By the fact that she is terrible also.

Blowout module finished.

Blowout is the abnormal activity generated by alien device controlled by NAC (in Namalsk Crisis campaign).

Powered by unknown power source, charging clouds ideally around 30 kilometres. This have a massive impact for eviroment, during charging is a massive storm, clouds change colours and end is accompanied by huge EM pulse.

Except these things, an unnamed activities, which have impact on human brain, was detected during tests.

APSI, is device, which was created by NAC to prevent damage to human brain during blowout.

blowout_small.jpg

(This picture was taken by NAC scientist during first tests of device, you can see bottom right A1 object and huge flash)

In Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification you will able to use blowout module.

There are 2 versions, first is for fully dynamic generating blowouts and second is for user-need calling in missions.

So, you can have a dynamic mission and you can't know, when will be blowout or just simply call script (included in ns_modules) and you will get blowout in moment.

Randomed time for dynamic Blowouts is still in testing, but, i can say, that blowout will be not

every minute, the smallest time between blowouts is 5 minutes for now.

Blowout module will be also supported in MP.

Video:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mut7v2GeVFM&hl=cs&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mut7v2GeVFM&hl=cs&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Link:

(PS: Singing birds will be not in final version :D)

Cheers, Sumrak

leader of Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk

http://www.nightstalkers.cz/

http://www.xfire.com/profile/sumr4k/

Edited by Sumrak

I hope we will be able to use your factions in every island we want(chernarus,panthera,caa1.....)

I hope we will be able to use your factions in every island we want(chernarus,panthera,caa1.....)

I don't see any problems in this ;)

man I saw the video,you are dangerous for my dirty brain....btw you did not syncronize the module with the player and it worked,why?

man I saw the video,you are dangerous for my dirty brain....btw you did not syncronize the module with the player and it worked,why?

:) My Blowout module don't need synchronizing, because works for all on map (not animals or insects :D)

That is really cool Sumrak. really cool

So, like in the stalker games can you take cover from a blow out (hide in a building, under a rock etc) or is that possible to do in the arma engine?

That is really cool Sumrak. really cool

So, like in the stalker games can you take cover from a blow out (hide in a building, under a rock etc) or is that possible to do in the arma engine?

Covering in Buildings, yep, i was thinking about this problem, but, for now, it is not implemented for now, maybe i can do with triggers, but, then will be on mission developer, where will be spot for cover, there must be some trigger..

I don't know, how to make this better, if this is really possible in ArmA II :D

A lot of modules in ARMA2 does not need synch.

Sumrak:

Hah that Blowout video is great man. :) Dont know how you do it, but its cool stuff.

Alex

Vids all look really good. Really looking forward to this.

Namalsk is a great island. Just walking around is freaky enough, can't wait for campaign.

Great Work. :)

I found a bug in this map, when I try to enter the town "All" there is a glitch and i can't enter the city because of a huge hole under the ground the envelops the whole town :/

Awesome, I can't wait, the campaign for Namalsk in A1 was brilliant, very atmospheric :)

I jizzzed in my pants BIG TIME when I ran namalsk island today Sumrak!!!!!! OMG! GREAT WORK!!!! Gorgeous urban and snowscape and GORGEOUS MUSIC!

Hi all,

new video has been released - Namalsk Crisis trailer

This is official trailer for campaign Namalsk Crisis, which will be released with Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification in 2010.

EOsJtKd_xLA

Namalsk Crisis

Namalsk becomes as the target of an unknown corporation, which is called NAC (Namalsk corporation), after several months of operation they make various experiments with alien technology, which they find on Namalsk. After a very dangerous attempts, responds the strongest nations in the world (Russia and USA) and they trying in joint action stop NAC operations. But, they don't know, with whom have honor.

Whole campaign will have 23 missions, very atmospheric, player will able to play in different sides of conflict (Russian specnaz, USMC and Nightstalkers fraction).

See http://www.nightstalkers.cz/ (fraction menu) for more informations about this confict.

In this trailer you can see some shots from campaign, fights againts mutants, NAC, function of blowout and more...

With this release i can also say, in what status is modification Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk now.

- Mutants are completed (see video for some shots, invisible bloodsucker or zombies)

- Fractions are also completed

- Working on next Namalsk island patch (ns_modules update, ground textures,..)

- Work continues also on campaign (there will be time to concentrate work on campaign, because i have lot of addons completed)

- Modules - blowout module added, work on improvements of color modules, work on ambinet sounds, music modules

Merry Christmass & happy new year ;)

Sumrak

leader of Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk

http://www.nightstalkers.cz/

WOW, i dont know what elce can be said.

cant wait for that campaign! good work!

WOW, i dont know what elce can be said.

cant wait for that campaign! good work!

23 missions?!??!?!?!?!?! Omg!!!!!!!!!!! do you have a downloadable version of the preview video please? I can't access youtube from where I am :(

Thanks for creating this truly unique gameplay environment for Arma 2. Good job so far.

you made all this alone ? this is very impresive .

cant wait to play this mod !!

Argh, this is great dude, really. You've outdone yourself. :D