Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Namalsk crisis

woot :bounce3:

I'd just like to congratulate Sumrak on a fantastic Mod and Campaign.

Sumrak has put everything he has into this and it shows.

The campaign is very enjoyable and the storyline is even better. He has literally created his own plausible piece of the Armaverse.

Well Done!! :drinking2:

Could there be a teaser video or screenies..?

Faction Nightstalkers just arrived to Anadyr town, a big harbour, located in the Bering Sea region, they are looking for a way to infiltrate Russian cargo ship for getting on Namalsk unseen, their scout, Tamika Maclemar, is preparing yourself for her journey on Namalsk, be sure, you will not miss this! ;)

ETA ~20 hours

Sumrak is there a special reason your work is released on 10th May? And at 5 AM CET? :)

You provide a lot of background information on your site.

Can you recommend a way how to approach the campaign? Like to read what info

beforehand, and in what order.

How do you manage to have the Russian play on the west side along with the US

troops. It is done by new config classes or scripting?

How do you manage to have the Russian play on the west side along with the US troops. It is done by new config classes or scripting?

It's one of the first things mission editors learn. You can either:

a) Change the unit's side= entry in the mission.sqm, or

b) Group the unit in the editor to a unit (with superior rank) of the desired side with probability of presence = 0%.

I'm amazed you've never seen it done before. It was probably the first thing I learnt as a mission editor.

IIRC that doesn't work properly anymore since A2, hence the Q.

Sumrak is there a special reason your work is released on 10th May? And at 5 AM CET?

Yes, because that time, the actual campaign story (first playable mission) will begin :)

(I had better counter, it was precisely done on specific time zone in Bering Sea region, but then every page with counter asked server with ajax to count new time - not really the best solution I think)

That current you can see is counting according your computer time. So it will be released at 5:15 my time (CET) :)

You provide a lot of background information on your site.

Can you recommend a way how to approach the campaign? Like to read what info

beforehand, and in what order.

You can definitely read about history and news from Namalsk, I think, that's good background for campaign.

And about factions and their description, some of them little describing, what is happening in the prologue - but that's mainly because I already released prologue back in Arma 1 - it is really not big deal at all, I have tried to write there everything what it should be good for reading before playing :)

How do you manage to have the Russian play on the west side along with the US troops. It is done by new config classes or scripting?

It is done by new config classes, I have tried to do in warfare mission directly (adding ru classes), but, there were some problems with it - in some cases - little team kills sometimes :D

In much less complex mission it can be done relatively easily, but, in case of complex mission such is Benny's Warfare, I rather created new classes with different sides than checking what to change in the mission.

It is working, we have managed to run tests, warfare is fun :)

Sumrak

IIRC that doesn't work properly anymore since A2, hence the Q.

What, the mission.sqm change or the grouping fix? Haven't tried the former, but the latter works like roses for me.

EDIT - Ah, now I see exactly what you are referring to. I stay away from Warfare. :P

@ CameronMcDonald

Check who has done Side_relations - Scripted_approach. ;)

So it was only about getting to know what approach Sumrak took (and why).

@ Sumrak

Thanks. Your response is appreciated!

You provide a lot of background information on your site.Can you recommend a way how to approach the campaign? Like to read what info beforehand, and in what order.

I also recommend reading all the briefings / notes (i'm sure you will). It’s well worth it for emersion sake, and because he's done a great job.

Sumrak,

what heal script / module will you use in your campaign ?

Is there a automatic leg heal and medipacks or just the standard BIS first-aid modules ?

Hey nice campaign!

But I have a small problem :D

On the mission where you have to give Michael the command to destroy the Tunguska, Nothing happens when I give him the command from the radio.

Not to be 'negative guy'...but I don't think GSC Game World would appreciate you ripping sounds and music from their games. You also ripped Vorkuta on the map straight ouf of Black Ops.

The English localisation is pretty bad in many places, and it's not written too well.

Other than that seems pretty fun thus far.

Edited by Artyom

Hey nice campaign!

But I have a small problem :D

On the mission where you have to give Michael the command to destroy the Tunguska, Nothing happens when I give him the command from the radio.

Thanks, oh, this should not happen, could you try it again please? :o

I will try it too, but it should definitely be fine, pre-release testing went through it ;)

Not to be 'negative guy'...but I don't think GSC Game World would appreciate you ripping sounds and music from their games. You also ripped Vorkuta on the map straight ouf of Black Ops.

Also the English localisation is pretty bad in many places, and it's not written too well.

This has been stated long time ago by gsc about non profit use of stalker data files, I'm more interested in this - Black Ops, do you mean that newest Cod?

And what exactly I have ripped, since Vorkuta exists on Namalsk since earlier OFP and Arma 1 Namalsk versions almost in full design?

Edit: Here is an old video from really earlier arma 1 version of my mod

(almost only with Vorkuta, video published 06.05.2008)

Sorry, I have never learned English, I have tried what could I do for it and with some help, we have tried to make it read-able as possible.

Sumrak

Edited by Sumrak

Also Vorkuta is a real place...But I guess when they established it in 1932 they were ripping off Call of Duty 514: Black Ops...

Thanks, oh, this should not happen, could you try it again please? :o

I will try it too, but it should definitely be fine, pre-release testing went through it ;)

I tried again and again, even without any mods

Still when I press 0-0-1 or press on the radio screen in the map nothing happens

Oh I found this inside the .rpt file

m>
 Error Missing ;
File nst\ns_missions\campaign\missions\09_namalsk.namalsk\michal.sqf, line 24
Error in expression < {
sleep 2;
t setDamage 1;
};
};
}];
do {
michal doFire t;
} while (Alive t);

m>
 Error position: <{
michal doFire t;
} while (Alive t);

Edited by Bkp

The English localisation is pretty bad in many places, and it's not written too well.

This will probably receive an infraction but...

Not to be "complete asshole guy" or anything but stfu! My god, do your research before you post dribble about someone free content.

Black Ops. WTF? o_0 Ripped straight out of a game made well after this island was first constructed? Okaaaay.

And when you manage to create a whole world, units and all, then release it to a the WORLD in your non native tongue then, and ONLY then can you comment on how it was written.

Back to Black Ops for you sir! Your "original" game. What a joke...

Sorry Sumrak. Probably not my place but god! Some people...

Maybe you should get this one closed. :)

Holy chronological confusion, Batman. What a n00b.

Holy chronological confusion, Batman. What a n00b.

I take it from about 90% of your recent posts that you've been watching some old Adam West Batman? lol

You also ripped Vorkuta on the map straight ouf of Black Ops.

Actually, I think the COD guys saw sumrak's awesomeness over here in Armaverse and ripped it off HIM.

:D

Just saw the videos they are amazing, the atmosphere and environments built lend themselves nicely, still need to read through more to understand what this is entirerly about.

Quick question though, will this be for Arma2 or Operation Arrowhead? (not entirerly sure since you used the arrowhead version of ARMA II, just checking) if OA will you be making use of the flash lights?

If memory serves, the default version is for OA, but there is a patch to get it working in A2 standalone?