celery

What's your music volume in game?

How loud is your music in Arma 2?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. How loud is your music in Arma 2?

• About the same as sfx (full)
    • Quieter than sfx
    • 0% (no music)

Do you have music at full volume (equal with sfx), a little quieter or do you prefer no music at all?

Just a little something I've been curious to know every time I add music to a mission. :)

When playing SP, I usually set music to max. However when I'm playing multiplayer, I usually turn music off (so it doesn't disturb me too much and mainly, to hear people over VOIP better).

I'll just click About the same as sfx, since I haven't played MP for a long time :(

You didn't have a choice for louder than the sfx, but I put equal to sfx :)

Edited by Sgt Cresswell
Wrong wording lol

I've got it about the same, to me the music is so epic in this game (3/4's of the tracks anyways) and it really adds mood. I add them to most of my missions, adds emotion etc.

I usually keep mine around 50%.

Although BIS kinda misses the point of "ambient" music :p

I've got it about the same, to me the music is so epic in this game (3/4's of the tracks anyways) and it really adds mood. I add them to most of my missions, adds emotion etc.

This about sums it up.

I keep it in line with the others. It's up to the mission editor to use it well :)

It depends, my music volume is around 10-50%.

But the game's music is always 0%.

Usually I play so I can hear the the SFX over my music a little, unless the radio is extra rocking, in that case I often play with no game sound audible at all.

There is no music in war but the sound of StuKas. ;-)

I hate custom sounds ("joo - jooo --- hoooggaaaa --- booooogaaaa").

I once missed the sounds of steps of the enemy behind me.

Since then.

I am dead.

But not too dead to EDIT:

But I do like the originals tunes a lot - as I liked the quotations on war.

The latter I do miss a lot.

Gave some kind of atmosphere.

But not during game.

Edited by Herbal Influence

About 10% for music and radio. But with my desibel output on my headphones, even that is significant. Yes, someone firing an M249 SAW right beside me will cause my ears to be in agony as effects are still 100% :)

I don't leave the ingame music on, as I play external music and the menu music etc bugs me, when it overlaps.

Ambient pieces from artists such as Lustmord tend to work really well, especially if you are not into the "counterstrike" style of play, and go at a more careful pace.

Carl: I know what you mean. I have a pair of Sennheiser professional-grade headphones... I love it! Really adds to the immersion.

Edited by draeath

I have mine on....

11!!

Actually guys try this.... Years ago there was a game called "Wargasm". http://pc.ign.com/objects/009/009940.htmlWhat was odd at first to me was that the music was CLASSICAL. I was going WTF?

Then I started playing and in this tank battle, The guns are going off, people dying, and all the while, you heard "Night on Witch Mountain" (Da Da DA-DA BLAM!)or some very soft string music, all the while, cannons are firing all around.

Listen around 1:30. No motion to this vid, just music, gives you the idea.

It was surreal. Sort of like watching Deer Hunter when they would do the slow motion parts of battle, and hear this symphonic. Was totally cool. I may put together a recommended list of music like this.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Ive been playing war sims since Operation flashpoint came out and have never tried playing with music and I have no intrest to try it , but each to their own.

Music off. For me music only makes missions into bigger downloads (longer wait to join in), and it can really ruin a mission for me (taste and immersion).

The only music I can accept in missions are from soundsources (ie a radio in a base playing music that fits in).

I include a few seconds of music to most MP missions if it helps set the atmosphere. If it fades after 20 seconds or so it doesn't add too much to the file size.

There's music in-game? I think I instinctively turn it off the very first moment I load a game after an install.