Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Invasion 1944 - Wacht am Rhein

i really enjoyed the intro, it was like watching a movie.

Thanks Mike, I think you're the first person to comment on something I've worked on.

Nice. But why don't you use the original ARMA model? The new one seems too fat on shoulders and back.

Nice. But why don't you use the original ARMA model? The new one seems too fat on shoulders and back.

the arma2 model uses a head via proxy,i will eventually get to minor adjustments but for now we must keep mr toady so i can do priority stuff.

Well, I44 is the only mod that impressed me at each release since the i44 demo. By the way, is Dr Rebus still around ?

Well, I44 is the only mod that impressed me at each release since the i44 demo. By the way, is Dr Rebus still around ?

Absolutely,Doc Rebus is in part responsible for all this new content:)

dont forget to add Static Machineguns like MG42 please ;)

Already in.

Hi,

there are also Wehrmacht Units included, right?

Maybe the 130.Panzer-Lehr-Division ?

Would be great ! :)

To be honest, it is for noone of real importance which units are inside a mod.

Means noone care which division of those historically being apart, as u can play with every unit,doesent matter if SS or WH,Airbourne or Rangers.

These are all features that can be released in further patches.

For the primary release of a mod - call it demo - it is important to have the basics inside (and i ve no doubts in Inv44 here)and those to be working properly, so missions can be played and created.Or do u care if one of our default russian units is not a 23rd mountain rifle squad and the us boys arent the 32nd I.D. - so what!

Much more important are sounds, texture,details on models,deployable weapons,effects to get the right atmosphere.Perhabs some of u still remember the release of FDF Mod 1.3 - atmosphere and playability pure.

I am a bit sry for Inv44 that their 2nd OFP release was after ArmA1 release, so just a few could honorate their work, but even there they just added the basics and it was a great mod.

So no need of "plz add this plz add that, or is my bonbon inside or not".

I guess the dices already rolled and every needed information can be read on their website.Just my opinion.

But at thend, great work so far!

Enjoy the screenshots each time u present!

Keep up the effort and great work!

Hey work looks great, when's the release? Joking lol.

Someone may have said this already and you have probably already considered it but it seems to me a very (if not absolutely crucial to the long term success of this mod) important to make this ACE compatible, or at least make an ACE config available.

ACE adds many features such as weapon stabilisation and AI fixes that would simply be too much work to recreate for each mod. The more universitality (word?) in the ArmA community the better, mod teams have been insular for too long and everyone loses out as a result. ACE is by far the most comprehensive and successful mod yet for ArmA 2 and provides a fantastic fundament for any mod to include. 31st Normandy mod is not ACE compatible and for that reason alone will not be the breakthrough WW2 mod. On the subject of 31st, will we be able to use TRoc's tanks with Inv44? I remember back in OFp/Arma certain items from the Lib41-45 mod could not be used with others, meaning that many mission editors (who in their entirity wish to be able to use all of the WW2 mods together) would simply try it and leave it in favour of more compatible mods.

Then again, this has probably already been thought through and decided on. If it is the case that the Inv44 team has already decided not to make an ACE config, I beg of you to reconsider, it would be a massive shame to lose out on such an opportunity after having put so many hundreds of hours work into addons for the sake of not investing a few hours more.

I'd be happy to help with 'configging', if it is a question of manpower.

Someone may have said this already and you have probably already considered it but it seems to me a very (if not absolutely crucial to the long term success of this mod) important to make this ACE compatible, or at least make an ACE config available.

On the subject of 31st, will we be able to use TRoc's tanks with Inv44? I remember back in OFp/Arma certain items from the Lib41-45 mod could not be used with others, meaning that many mission editors (who in their entirity wish to be able to use all of the WW2 mods together) would simply try it and leave it in favour of more compatible mods.

Then again, this has probably already been thought through and decided on. If it is the case that the Inv44 team has already decided not to make an ACE config, I beg of you to reconsider, it would be a massive shame to lose out on such an opportunity after having put so many hundreds of hours work into addons for the sake of not investing a few hours more.

Invasion 1944 is a Total Conversion (TC), a complete package that once installed gives you the experience that we wanted to create. The code used in the mod is "radically" different from that of standard ArmA2, and because we have developed a lot of it ourselves, also fairly different from what other mods use. That means a lot of addons/mods are not going to work, also we leave out ArmA2' modern units from the mission editor drop-down lists as we have been doing from OFP. ArmA2 (like ACE2) is a modern experience, which has no business being used in combination with our WW2 era TC. If we had only just founded the mod, and had nothing to work with, we would certainly have looked for existing work, but as we have been developing for years, we have a very solid foundation of our own. We do use some scripts for missions from people not in the mod, like the BAS F2 framework, but that's about it.

We're not going to make it compatible to any other mod, since that would mean months of extra work on the code, more work when we make patches for our own mod, and even more work every time those other mods are updated (meaning we would have to provide compatibility patches each and every time). Making it compatible with ACE2 would not only mean revising the code entirely to make it compatible (subjugate imo since it would mean dropping parts of our own code, which would mean completely throwing our own ideas about gameplay out of the window), but also the missions since i.e. ACE2's Ai would break them etc. Providing compatibility would only add problems for us. We view Invasion 1944 as a complete package which contains all we need to create our vision of how the gameplay in a WW2 mod should be. We don't view it as the one WW2 mod to end all mods, nor is it designed as such.

It's not a question of manpower, just a question of not needing compatibility with other mods, and not wanting it because it would interfere with our own code.

ACE2 is a great mod, but for what we want to achieve, we do not need compatiblity with any other mod. It would be counter-productive to all our efforts.

one man one word ...i think so too loved your work in ofp and arma1,the grenade explosion,and he shells on the Ground effects in ofp was so beautyful hope i can see this in arma2 in the same format.:D

On the subject of 31st, will we be able to use TRoc's tanks with Inv44?

Dont worry i will make that when time comes.

By the way this looks very good, looking forward for it.

ACE adds many features such as weapon stabilisation and AI fixes that would simply be too much work to recreate for each mod. The more universitality (word?) in the ArmA community the better, mod teams have been insular for too long and everyone loses out as a result. ACE is by far the most comprehensive and successful mod yet for ArmA 2 and provides a fantastic fundament for any mod to include. 31st Normandy mod is not ACE compatible and for that reason alone will not be the breakthrough WW2 mod. On the subject of 31st, will we be able to use TRoc's tanks with Inv44? I remember back in OFp/Arma certain items from the Lib41-45 mod could not be used with others, meaning that many mission editors (who in their entirity wish to be able to use all of the WW2 mods together) would simply try it and leave it in favour of more compatible mods.

Why the hell is everybody wanting every mod to be ACE compatible?

It's not "One mod to rule them all, one mod to find them,

One mod to bring them all and in the darkness bind them." for fraks sake. I have nothing against the mod (My Unit plays it) but seriously people, stop asking every mod team in the community to make their work ACE Compatible. A.C.E. Should make their work compatible not the other way around. Invasion 1944 was a great mod for ArmA 1 and I am sure it will be a great mod for ArmA 2. Who cares if it's not "ACE Compatible"? I know of several mods that won't be.

*Edit* Sorry about that. I had several tabs up & got to this one and posted without refreshing*

i think darkhorse hit the nail on the head there,raise him to sergeant major

Why the hell is everybody wanting every mod to be ACE compatible?

It's not "One mod to rule them all, one mod to find them,

One mod to bring them all and in the darkness bind them." for fraks sake.

Agreed. Reading stuff like this:

"Is it ACE compatible?"

"Can you make it ACE compatible?"

"Don't ask ACE to make x addon compatible, ask the developer of x addon to make it ACE compatible."

Over and over again is really starting to get annoying.

I44 mod will be a great experience in its own right without having to be made compatible with any other mod.

I44 mod will be a great experience in its own right without having to be made compatible with any other mod.

I agree I44 Mod would give a very special experiences of a real simiulation for WW2 and seems no need in competiable with others. But I think I44 team won't make all stuff for WW2, such as russian and etc. So it would be a pity we couldn't play other things in their Mod together to give more unit selections or variety in the game. If you now are playing 31st Mod with I44 stuff, you can get a real pleasure...

A.C.E. Should make their work compatible not the other way around.

Amen.

And on topic: This will become a great mod once more - for sure. :)

A.C.E. Should make their work compatible not the other way around.

No...A.C.E shouldnt have to make THEIR work compatible with things, if they did that they probably would be very far behind where they are now. Its pretty simple...its their mod and if you wanna have a mod compatible with it...its your problem, not theirs. They arent responsible for all the mods out there; as you say its not 'the one mod to rule them all'...its just a mod, like this one (both, btw, are bloody well done).

To john,sfg,jojimbo and all da other members of the mod love it in arma 1 and really lookind forward too it coming too arma 2.

Regards padu

Just letting you guys know that you get a short mention in PC Gamer(UK) April edition.

"Talking of BiA, shortly ArmA 2 should be getting its own WW2 conversion: Invasion 1944: Wacht am Rhein. A rummage on Youtube reveals tantalising footage of Panzers and para-drops, MG-42's and bouncing betty mines. Whatever BI produce by way of patches and free DLC, it will always be eclipsed by the amazing work of the mod makers".

:cool:

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Edited by SFG

A rummage on Youtube reveals tantalising footage of Panzers and para-drops, MG-42's and bouncing betty mines. Whatever BI produce by way of patches and free DLC, it will always be eclipsed by the amazing work of the mod makers".

And they haven't even see our brand new ArmA2 content yet!:butbut:

Incidentally, did you know Burns was a ww2 veteran? He served in "The Flying Hellfish" in the european theatre.

Who'd have thought it?

:butbut: