Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Invasion 1944 - Wacht am Rhein

yeah thats the vertex weights,the guy is kinda on his haunches so the greatcoat has to conform or clip,anyway just a heads up on the D-Day port.

I just started on the arma1 mod to arma2 unit fixes,there needed to be an almost complete overhaul of the units as there are new shader and material types to get to grips with,so once i ironed out these bugs,we should be close to I44 D-Day ArmA2.

couple of pics for you,check out the fixes,

camo helmet cover no longer shines,

helmet and headgear resized down (arma2 head is smaller)

new trousers (pants) with better mat files,

new brown shoe boot "polished" black,

better gaiters,

better helmet shine (colour may change a bit yet)

decals will be affixed or Dr Rebus will come over with his mg34

and shoot me full of holes.

all round chunkier smock,

all super rvmat files,

the feldmutz has had its peak shortened (pic soon)

better shadow lod.

to do,

fix collar defentitions

some better uv tweaks,

waffen2a.jpgwaffen2b.jpg

theres a few more pictures which contain certain symbols which might offend some people,so be warned,dont click the link below if your offended by nazi symbols.

jojimbo's corner

Edited by jojimbo

Looks very promising ;) Keep up that great work!

One little thingy though: Didn't they have knee-length boots?

A quick search of our ArmA1 thread found the following (I could have typed it, but quoting someone else is easier :p )

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1308676&highlight=boots#post1308676

* Noticed the Heer shutze have work boots instead of the high shin black boots they wore

That's authentic. Ankle boots and canvas and leather anklets are much more

typical for mid-1944 than jackboots.

The "knee-length black leather nazi boots"-thing is something from the movies. In 1944 they were no longer used in any significant form (perhaps ceremonially).

some will have them,ill grab a quick pic

Development will be a little slow for the next three weeks, as our coder Canukausiuka is going to his annual training period with the National Guard at Hohenfels Combat Maneuver Training Center (Germany). Work on coding and the integration of artwork into the teambuilds will be suspended until he returns, as he is basically the knot that ties everything together. The rest of the team will of course continue to work on artwork and missions.

He will be taking driving tests while in Europe, so if you happen to live on the continent, please be extra careful when traveling on and near public roads until the end of March. We advise public transportation as a viable alternative to severe bodily harm :p

In the following two newsposts, we're going to be giving you a preview of two of our multiplayer missions that will be featured in the D-Day project port. The second mission to be previewed is "I44_TeamCoop_Verloren_8_12", but right now, it's time for Invasion!

"Invasion" is a 1-32 player COOP mission created by Pac (mission-design and scripting) and SFG (music).

Your objective:

D-Day Omaha Beach, Easy Red Sector, players must breach the sea wall and secure a foothold on the beach. After clearing the beach defenses along the bluff, push inland and secure several towns defended by dug-in German infantry in well prepared positions to kick off the Allied advance into Normandy.

The pictures can be found on

[Our website]

some pic goodness for you to prove i aint been a lazy bum...well mebbe a little

Arrival of the 2nd SS - BATTLE FOR THE HEDGEROWS

joji00.jpg

joji01.jpgjoji06.jpg

joji02.jpg

joji03.jpg

holy shit thats great man...good quality im happy :yay:

whow.

really impressive.

the stuff looks just great. can not wait to play the mod!

great job!! :bounce3:

Wow... those pics look really promising... i´m very curious about that

shouldnt be too long,iuka can wrap it all up for a release asap,although i'll go on to sort the units for the "Battle of the Bulge" .I shall be restoring the Omaha beach map at some point to it's original inclusion of Vierville and will be utilizing the 101st/82nd airborne from "Bulge" for a new Utah-Carentan-Ste Mare map,but we will see,there may be a chance to include the whole normandy area of invasion down to St-Lo without a gridsize cost,however loading times may suffer,early days yet.

Edited by jojimbo

Jojimbo, what's the overall performance like of the units in ArmA2 compared to ArmA1?

I assume that there's not many of the red/brown trees of performance death on the Normandy map?

Great. But why a Panther Ausf. F? With that "skirtlike"-thing?

Just some captures ones, that haven't seen combat.

Or what is that 2nd tank?

EDIT: OK. Got it :)

Edited by Pumbaa

Great. But why a Panther Ausf. F? With that "skirtlike"-thing?

Just some captures ones, that haven't seen combat.

Or what is that 2nd tank?

The second tank is the "Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf. B", more commonly known as "Tiger II" or "King Tiger". This version has the "Henschel" turret. It was first used during the fighting in Normandy after D-Day.

Jojimbo, what's the overall performance like of the units in ArmA2 compared to ArmA1?

I assume that there's not many of the red/brown trees of performance death on the Normandy map?

they are one hell of alot better in arma2 arch,however the version of the map in the pics is my own and has mikebarts soft shaded grass which account for most of the fps damage but you know me,i have this thing about grass :)

iukas version of the map has default arma2 clutter which is better performance wise because its low cut.

units are the least of the problem,and these have 6 lods.

i think half the problem with those red/brown trees of death isnt so much those but the size of the chernarus island and the loading time for all the world items.

but then again the guy who made the bis trees has a thing with trees i think hehe

hey jojimbo, is that the original .rvmat for the grass?, i picked it up again the other day just to see how it looked in arma 2, but i couldn't get it looking anything like that :), does it still sort in front of smoke and other effects? its been a while though, I might have broken my version.

Top notch looking stuff though guys, ill have to re install arma just to spend a bit more time with the first I44, i really enjoyed the intro, it was like watching a movie.