Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)

The M60 has a reasonably slow steady rate of fire, will it have the classic "Chop Chop Chop" sound that is used in many movies, I know its not utterly realistic, but its definately iconic.

.... /SPOILER]

Dude seriously..moderators may spank you for that one lol

About the AI tagging along. Yeah you can. They see about as much as you do. And if you do it right you can outsmart them ;)

The jungs looks nice indeed. I wonder if we are able to go through it while having the AIon board.

I lulz'd. :D

You are the limitation.

Its not about what you think.

Seems to be pretty cocky and arrogant.

Tsk Tsk Tsk , I dunno mate I think you missed the point of what I was trying to say. Anyway have a nice Acid trip :D

Some more promo pics of the US army on patrol and a WIP video of them in jungle combat.

Big thanks to WOLFRUG for getting the DSAI module working & Cjohnson for the radio system finally its in!!! Thanks again guys. :)

promo1j.th.jpgpromo2v.th.jpgpromo3v.th.jpg

hey good screens the jungle in this vid is awesome ...how far is the status of the mod?:D

Very nice work, does Warrior X plan to port his Last Days in Vietnam campaign ?

Lovely jungle. I'm trying to achieve something similiar with my upcoming Lingor island, without loosing serious FPS. You have any tips via PM? ;)

I'm starting to turn into a parrot but i dont care... it's looking freaking awesome :cool:

hey good screens the jungle in this vid is awesome ...how far is the status of the mod?:D

They said in a previous post that it's close to a release and they will keep building on it after release.

Very nice work, does Warrior X plan to port his Last Days in Vietnam campaign ?

Oh lord! The amount of work for that one! hahaha

Naw sorry m8. I'd love to dig it back up again after so many years but it would simply be a hell job to port it. Would be awesome to see what it would look like in ArmA II instead of OFP that's for sure. Just afraid i couldn't keep my hands of it again and would just keep optimizing it with current stuff and possibilities. Another year of editing just like it took me to make it in the first place lol. Nice to see people still remember that campaign :o

Most likely we will have a new campaign in the future releases of Unsung. (Khe Sanh or some other) Not for the first release as that's to much work for it. As we are still bug tracking/fixing and optimising. But can't promise anything though. So many mission idea's etc ;) So what you will see in first release will be a few new missions along with some ported ones from ArmA 1.

After that we will have a good base from where we can expand with new content etc for the public to get killed in. :D

Remember... stop, drop and roll....errr no scratch that one.... Always keep your head down...yeah that's the one :rolleyes:

Oh lord! The amount of work for that one! hahaha

Naw sorry m8. I'd love to dig it back up again after so many years but it would simply be a hell job to port it. Would be awesome to see what it would look like in ArmA II instead of OFP that's for sure. Just afraid i couldn't keep my hands of it again and would just keep optimizing it with current stuff and possibilities. Another year of editing just like it took me to make it in the first place lol. Nice to see people still remember that campaign :o

Most likely we will have a new campaign in the future releases of Unsung. (Khe Sanh or some other) Not for the first release as that's to much work for it. As we are still bug tracking/fixing and optimising. But can't promise anything though. So many mission idea's etc ;) So what you will see in first release will be a few new missions along with some ported ones from ArmA 1.

After that we will have a good base from where we can expand with new content etc for the public to get killed in. :D

Remember... stop, drop and roll....errr no scratch that one.... Always keep your head down...yeah that's the one :rolleyes:

Yes, i perfectly understand how much work it takes to make a decent campaign. And this one is by far the best i ever played in OFP IMHO. Good luck with the planned releases :)

Lovely jungle. I'm trying to achieve something similiar with my upcoming Lingor island, without loosing serious FPS. You have any tips via PM? ;)

Hi IB mate best talk to Cj525 our mod leader he is the man behind the veg.....

Warrior Xâ„¢ it would be real wicked if you made a seige campaign for Khe Sanh, were it had random enemy arty coming in most of the time :D

Missions could include clearing the surrounding hills, directing airstrikes, protecting the herc's & caribu's bringing in the supplies.

:yay:

Edited by Bigpickle

@ IceBreaker

Re veg, use of auto clutter using simple very low poly plants, mid height stuff is a mixture of the auto clutter and very simple dogwood type plants. the trees have to be really reduced very basic trees with good textures , and not to distinctive looking use the scale / rotation in V3 to make one tree model look like many. our models don't have the face count as the sparser islands out there simply due to quantity, but you have to find a good balance for look playability and what range of computer systems you want to be able to run this island. Contact me if you want any further ideas.

cheers

Once this island gets released the veg will be available to the community if anyone wants to use them. The more jungle islands out there the the better I say :P

Hi Guys here's a quick video of some SP: Please note it was done with free fraps and the sound quality is poor(turn down your sound), little jumpy at the start but it goes away once fraps kicks in, the map itself runs fine for me fps wise. Anyway here's it is, few combat moment & traps from 3mins onwards, before that really is just an intro:

2-DI0fZTwhU

cj525: outstanding job! Thanks for the info. I'll wait for the release of the mod, meanwhile I will do my own optimizations ;)

mainunsungbanner60perce.jpg

The Unsung MOD released yet another video with some footage of patrols and combat in the Lowlands area that will be in the upcoming release!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXjYuQj_YaA&hl=nl_NL&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXjYuQj_YaA&hl=nl_NL&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Source: www.ofpnam.com (home of The Unsung MOD)

Oh dear gods. Let this be for operation arrowhead:eek:

Oh dear gods. Let this be for operation arrowhead:eek:

Why???? what does OA offer that would be so great with a vietnam era mod? It's certainly not the vegitation because thats a plain joke!

The Unsung mod(and the VTE mod) is the only reason i still have ArmA 2 installed on my harddrive.