Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

How many of you old OFP Veterans are still playing BIS games?

Gave up on Armed Assault when Arma 2 was announced and gave up on Arma 2 around patch 1.3.

If Arrowhead doesnt turn out really smooth, polished and well designed im installing OFP:R 1.96.

Best game ever, been playing since 2001 but only joined Forums recently.

IMO OpF is the greatest game ever made and I've played hundreds.

I remember the first time I found myself alone in the forests of Everon, trying to make the evac deadline, I was literally freaking out:eek:. The game really immersed you to the point where you'd get sweaty palms and an increased heart rate. From then on in it just got better whether it was BI stuff or the community's work it was always gold. Even now when I play I'm still impressed with the game play and graphics.

Am about to venture into ArmA 2 just waiting for Windows 7 to be released. Have a beautiful new rig built solely for the purpose. Cant wait.

I could crap on for hours so I'll just say this.

Cheers to BI and the OpF community for the greatest gaming experience ever created :ok:

Edited by Grub
Like the sound of my own keyboard.

*hands up* Started with the OPF demo in 2001, was part of an OFP squad until 2002, from 2003 to 2005 I was a sole survivor mostly sticking to the singleplayer part. In late 2005 I took some guys and created an own OFP clan. In 2006 we moved to ArmA, in 2009 to ArmA II :) No end in sight and most likely we'll go further with ArmA II: OPA in 2010. BI games are the only games I play for a very long time now.

I picked up OFP on day one all those years ago and played it right up until the release date of Armed Assault. Sad evening that, when I uninstalled OFP for the final time but I figured onward and upward to Armed Assault. As it turns out it really didn't do much for me somehow, or as someone pointed out at the time... it needed some love. I screwed around with ArmA a bit on and off over the years, then bought ArmA2 from a place in France (I'm in Canada) as soon as it was available. Unfortunately for me I made the apparently silly decision of upgrading my system with 8gb ram and no ArmA2 won't play properly at all... on top of a host of other annoyances.

Having read this thread now, maybe I'll just reinstall OFP. :)

:DHi everybody

see some familiar nick names popping up even we might have never been in contact, but I'm following always the news on various sites. It's good to see that there are still lot's of OFP Veterans hanging around. Yeah many years have past since then but the fun hours were countless and there are many to come.

I remember the first time I found myself alone in the forests of Everon, trying to make the evac deadline, I was literally freaking out. The game really immersed you to the point where you'd get sweaty palms and an increased heart rate. From then on in it just got better whether it was BI stuff or the community's work it was always gold. Even now when I play I'm still impressed with the game play and graphics.

Yeah I remember that moment as well . . . it was so damn thrilling only to find out in the end that the damn evac zone at Montignac has been overrun. I believe that playing the CWC campaign brought me into mission editing, I was so damn curious how they made the missions and the campaign that I started to frequent various forums I started out at opflashpoint.org asking the first question concerning mission making. Sadly it's kinda dead right now.

After a while my buddy Toy who introduced me to OFP showed me some of the missions he was working on so we teamed up and made the "Too young to die" campaign back then. It was a very short campaign but it took us 2 years to finish it. We thought that we wouldn't make it to finish the campaign. But Toy send one Mission of the campaign to the MEC competition and we made it on rank ten, which gave us the strenght to finish it after all.:D

The first time I saw OFP was, when I visited Toy at his place. He was playing OFP I just sat there beside him and watched him play. I sat there for about 3 hours at least, without ever annoying myself. I was so damn fascinated by what I saw that I excused myself went to the next store and bought CWC right away. The following week was nearly without sleep couldn't stop to play.

Sorry for this nostalgic moment but it makes me smile.:)

It is great being part of the BI community and for my point of view a better war game must be invented first, before I gonna switch.:D

Cheers

nettrucker

p.s. call me a fanboy:eek:

played the demo back when it was released, and havent stopped since. As my sig suggests I am a big fan of all of BI's work.

Ah by the way ... I owe BIS something ... they cured me from this so called "counterstrike" videogame when OFP came out in 2001 :D

Operation Flashpoint was the medicine, ArmA was the drug and ArmA II + sequels are the overdose. :o

I've not stopped playing BIS' games since the OFP demo came out. What a glorious near-decade it has been. :D

I absolutely loved OFP when it came out and I've also seen lots of names around from "the old days". I'm hoping to run into a few old clanmates (SWAF, the Seawolves Armed Forces) to see who they are playing with now as SWAF seems to be defunct :( I missed out on Arma1 as my hardware coudn't handle it at the time, but the new rig does just dandy with Arma2.

I came across a reference to Stoner's House of Pancakes the other day which sent me into a fit of nostalgia as I used to love playing on that server.

I came across a reference to Stoner's House of Pancakes the other day which sent me into a fit of nostalgia as I used to love playing on that server.

I remember that :)

Been playing since 2002, but didn't register on these forums until 07 :(. Should of registered earlier.

:

The first time I saw OFP was, when I visited Toy at his place. He was playing OFP I just sat there beside him and watched him play. I sat there for about 3 hours at least, without ever annoying myself. I was so damn fascinated by what I saw that I excused myself went to the next store and bought CWC right away. The following week was nearly without sleep couldn't stop to play.

Sorry for this nostalgic moment but it makes me smile.:)

Wow, I had a very similar experience. I too sat for hours watching in awe as my friend Ryzie attempted to 'steal a car' with some important documents inside. I watched this mission unfold to a soundtrack of birds chirping and a dog barking in the distance. It was nothing like I had ever seen before and from that day on I was addicted.

I still make my own little missions to this day. My wife often walks in and says sarcastically "this sounds like a fun game" as all she can hear from the other room is clicking. I then show her the finished product and she says "Right? And?". "And? And? do you know how long it took me to get that whole scenario to happen that way? Ha ha ha. Oh well. One day she'll be impressed. Maybe ArmA 2 will blow her away (not literally)

Like Nettrucker said "Good to see I'm not the only "addict"! LOL!":D

Edited by Grub
Cant spell

Been playing since late 2002, cut my teeth in with OFP with the CTF aspects of the game at EFL, progressed onto regular COOP and all sorts of other things.

Good times :D

Havent been able to find a rehab clinic so im still addicted since 2001 :yay:

Even getting older and not being able, anymore, to play more than 1 hour straight, I still play BIS games. It's a unique experience with their open world implementation.

Operation Flashpoint was an amazing game, I remember being a Chinook and telling everyone to eject then leaving them behind, mwuhahaha!

A friend of mine introduced me to the demo of OFP in July of 2001. I bought the game the day it came out in the USA, and I still have the box for it. I pretty much played it single player until early 2002, and by the time version 1.42 (I think) I was hooked on the multiplayer side of things. I also ended up joining a mod team as a researcher and I was also involved with the STA, WGL, and FCM leagues.

I bought ArmA1 when it came out and I played that until ArmA2 came out. I basically have been continuously playing since 2001.

Introduced to OFP by a mate in 2001, have bought all the games the moment they came out thereafter (digital download) in another language, then bought another copy in English soon after.

I run an ArmA2 server and a squad for A2. My original version of OFP was a pirated copy, however I now have 4 copies of the game (OFP, OFP RH, OFP Gold and the pirated copy). 2 Copies of ArmA2, and 2 copies of ArmA1. (All legit of course fyi).

I believe in paying for quality.

^_^

Edited by Rommel

Playing since launch in the Uk all those years ago :)

one thing that blew me away was the first major patch that gave additional vehciles units was amazed I got that all for free :)