Sign in to follow this  
zeep

Not receiving email reply notifications from BIS

The problem is this: I don't receive notification emails of topic subscriptions on BIS.

I'm not sure why not but i'm not receiving any emails from BIS. I'm positive that they're not going in a spam box, not local and not in the webmail. The email adress i use is one of my ISP so i'm pretty sure it's not red flagged globally or anything. My profile settings on this board appear to be correct too.

This happened to me before with another email adres but once i changed that i did receive email from BIS, up until a few weeks ago when it stopped again.

The two domains i've tried are gmx.co.uk and casema.nl, the latter i'm using now.

Can a mod / admin please look into this for me?

Thanks

Edited by zeep

You have set "Send Notification Email When a Private Message is Received" to No. I changed it to yes and now you should receive an email once a Private Message arrived for you.

Ok thanks but that was not what i ment, i'm sorry if i wasn't clear :P.

The problem is this: I don't receive notification emails of topic subscriptions on BIS.

/me too.

Subscription is to instant but I haven't got any mail a while.

Also not in the spam filter.

I can suggest a little workaround:

If the email notification for new posts in subscribed threads doesn't work, just open the forum in your browser and leftclick "User CP". This should bring up a list of subscribed threads which contain new messages. If there aren't any new messages in the subscribed topics this list should be empty.

Any word from admins/mods yet? It seems more people have this problem.

add me to the list, I used to get notifications, but I haven't for a while and I know there are new posts in some of my subscribed threads

Guest RKSL-Rock

You can add me too... i dont get either forum or PM notifications... the last one was on Wed 19/08/2009 at 02:09. Anyone change the forums email settings after that date?

I subscribe for instant email notification,but iam not recieving any email from bistudio forum.

Same here . . no notifications received not withstanding subscrption to topics.

regards

nettrucker

I assume that the forum mailer is either broken or has been turned off which is somewhat annoying. OP started the thread 8 days ago and no word from those in charge as to what the problem might be leads me to believe it might be turned off on purpose. ;)

I have the same problem. Sending an email to myself didn't work either. Now, obviously sending an email to myself isn't exactly normal, but I wonder if email is working at all

Works for me with my BIS Email address.

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Hmm well it used to, haven't received this one yet.

I've suddenly started getting these emails this afternoon after not getting them for a number of weeks.

It seems to me it doesn't work again. Changing email sends verification successfully, but notifications and "Send Email" feature don't work for me.

I have already reported it to the IT guy, and the issue was raised recently in the "ask a mod" thread in OT, no need to bump a four year old thread ;)

Just received 84 emails so it might be working now...