Sign in to follow this  
.kju

PROPER projects - game tweaks of all sorts

+1 for keeping the first LOD. If you would be kind and release a version like that it would be appreciated.

privet Messiah :)

:yay:

the fixed version is already up or do you still experience the problem?

Yep, you're right... Strange, i've checked it one more time and everything is fine now. Probably i was using the old version. Sorry. :rolleyes:

If you find ugly looking models, please make a sample mission placing the soldier just in

front of the object looking at it along with the pack used. Cheers!

Good to hear Messiah. :)

Good idea + work! Got ~5 fps more.

There are buildings and trees/bushes which need some tuning. This big cow barn (eg in Grishino) looks very odd.

Wonder what kind of Proper A2 mods+tweaks will surprise us next! :)

The animal-tweaking.

First two and two last LODs of rabbits have been removed.

;-D

Kju, can you release a tool or a tutorial for us to batch cut the LODs to meet each one's own taste?

Someone wants quality, just cuts some low LODs. Someone wants more FPS, then cuts some High LODs.

year1970,

That would be the ideal situation but I'm not sure how hard coded it is.

With the building LOW version i also have many types of buildings in very very low textures. This is when i am close to the buildings. 50m - 1m it looks very blurry.

Guess thats being worked on, but just reporting it. :)

Alex

year1970,

That would be the ideal situation but I'm not sure how hard coded it is.

I think so too. Let's wait for kju's answer :j:

Just a wild idea, I don't suppose it would be possible to alter the lowest LOD (which now has the same model/textures as the one up) such that the maps have a 50% alpha channel added as a pseudo fade-in effect?

Thanks a lot for these lil addons with big impact, just played a typical stress test mission ( sp scenario "counterattack" ) and along with the fix for vegetation the building fix works superb there.

Only downside i saw so far is that the lil sheds -for example in the counterattack mission next to the hospital with the chedaki recruit in is one- always look very blurry and wont change texture to a better variant.

And on one house i had the off problem that because it didnt use the highest lod i could open the doors and it did but also stretched a long polygon wall texture with it, looked bit odd but nothing dramatic compared to the gain.

Didnt took a pic but it was in the last part of the mission in the industrial complex.

With the building LOW version i also have many types of buildings in very very low textures. This is when i am close to the buildings. 50m - 1m it looks very blurry.

Guess thats being worked on, but just reporting it. :)

Have the same problem. The cow-shed for example (Land_Farm_Cowshed_a, _b and _c) seems to have only the "very_low" lod (some smaller sheds, like the Land_Shed_M01, too). I also don't have any stay ropes on the water tower (Land_Farm_WTower).

Apart from this, it works really nice for me.

MfG, Medicus

Edited by MEDICUS

Nice job, in Chernogorsk I gained a few FPS when running around, and flying over it isn't as stuttery. The biggest improvement for me are the red bushes and trees. With AA enabled they used to bring me down to 30 fps, now it stays around 40-45 fps. Maybe this could help BIS when it comes to optimizing the game in the future.

Yea they definitely should ask modders or just include their addons in Arrowhead.

I think they don't have to ask because they made the platform for this all :D

I'm still keen to see how having only the most detailed LOD affects performance, both for trees/veg and buildings.

Hm which keys and signs do I have to download when I use low vegetation tweak ?

Edit: ah ok i got it, plant2_low bisigns and the proper .bikey

What is this "preload vegetation textures" ? :)

Edited by Cionara

i was waiting for something like this thanks to you kju

good job man

pat u're self on back lol

Great job Kju.

I'm using the "Vegetation_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER" and the visual difference is very minimal and not really noticable when playing. I did a quick test on one of the small tree clusters/forest on Utes and got about a 25-30% increase in fps. My guess is there will be at least the same or more in the denser areas of Chernarus.

This ones a definite keeper. You rock!

Hm which keys and signs do I have to download when I use low vegetation tweak ?

Edit: ah ok i got it, plant2_low bisigns and the proper .bikey

What is this "preload vegetation textures" ? :)

Dont know if you mean for your server? But you dont need the key to run an addon. You only need the addon PBO and it's signed PBO.

Addon.pbo

Addon.bisign.pbo

The key's are for servers. They add an addons key so that people can only connect with the addon they added keys for.

Alex

Now I do hope that a high qualiy version will be released. I have a high-end pc so FPS is not a problem. By comparing origin v1.01 trees (the best quality) with Kju's mod trees, if first two high level LODs are removed, visual difference is very clear at close distance, but at medium and far distance then no difference.

Kju, please release two versions, high quality version (removes most Low LODs) and low qualiy one (removes some high LODS).