Sign in to follow this  
.kju

PROPER projects - game tweaks of all sorts

kju .... it would be a good idea to test if EVERY tree was set on the high LOD constantly to see how our systems perform.

Could you release a version that does this please ?

What do you mean with high LOD? Only highest resolution LOD?

What would that tell you?

What do you mean with high LOD? Only highest resolution LOD?

What would that tell you?

It would tell if the higher lod's are part of arma2's "permanent low fps" problem.

Long time ago in OFP, setting LOD values to the highest possible(via config) made the game running faster because of close to ZERO lod switching.

Such a version would be great!

Thank you.

MfG Lee :)

Not yet. Maybe. We will see.

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------

Fixed the mass and you can find sign files on the site.

Please redownload if you want to have the issues sorted.

Thanks kju, as always. Good work! Improved performance on my end.

Thanks so much Kju and T_D,

This is awesome, very little loss in IQ, a good boost to stability around foliage and less lod switching overall...very nice.

Edited by xmongx

heya I tried to run this with fps helper and the lodding system didn't work with it.

Any chance you can chat with the fps helper author and come up with a solution so both can work (I hate arma2 grass and like that fps helper pretty much negates it)

I did an FPS check

FPShelper 25 fps

Nothing 15

LowLOD addon 18.

so fps helper still does some amazing work to keep the fps up. I just hate how the lod is so drastic between trees and would love something more static like your mod.

Use proper vegetation but define grass clutter yourself.

try terraingrid=25 in your 'arma2profile'

may help that push that 18 a little closer to 25

Also if you hate arma2 grass you could always set terrain detail to very low to remove it completely

Edited by xmongx

Kju awesome work again! Could you please put a version number or date into the Archive filename so i know if I already am using the latest version please?

For those with high-end PCs, I prefer releasing another version which removes low level LODs and keeps high level LODs, especially for the ugly trees and grasses after patch 1.02/03 to get better visual quality.

Or in another way, please release a tool or a batch file to let users make their own choices, removing certain LODs for speed or quality.

Anyone has the same idea?

Buildings Tweak Visuals added to the first post.

Technically the same approach. Not sure if that makes perfect sense for buildings.

Maybe different number or type res LODs or mipmaps are better removed.

Not much testing done. Feedback as always very welcome!

@ mils

No idea what that pack does. Try to leave out the plants2_Clutter_*_R_PROPER.pbo or

ask the author nicely to adopt his pack. I can't really see what else could be done on this side.

@ Nazul

Sorry no. Technically possible, yet causes too much trouble for the casual guy.

Just use the timestamp of the file or look at the latest sign file:

http://proper.arma-creations.com/download/

Edited by kju

Hi.

Ok im not very clued up with regards to what anyone is talking about in this thread, and im not sure if this mod will benefit me.

Basically what i want is a mod which increases the draw distance of vegetation and also a mod which gets rid of the grass textures constantly changing (is this what LOD is ?). I run the game at High/Very High settings, will this mod benefit me ? I want the game to look as visually impressive as possible and in this thread i have read about people using this on low/very low settings which makes me think it's not going to be much use to anyone running on high settings.

Sorry if i sound like a noob but im not technically clued up about stuff like this.

I used your viewdistance mod btw and that was great :)

BuildingsOnlyChernarus, BuildingsOnlyUtes, TerrainOnlyChernarus, TerrainOnlyUtes added.

@ xy20032004

I tried to remove only the last 9 or 5 mipmaps only. The results were not promising:

http://www5.picfront.org/picture/8AW3bn9He5/img/0001.jpg

http://www5.picfront.org/picture/Hkp1KarDtUj/img/0002.jpg

http://www5.picfront.org/picture/FjkAvpSRMU/img/0003.jpg

http://www5.picfront.org/picture/zq4G2wW8MQ/img/0004.jpg

As I am by far no experts in this area, my assumption is that the engine is expecting

a certain number of mipmaps. Or some mipmap counter needs to be reduced.

Another possibility is that mipmaps are always generated down to a given resolution

from the actual resolution like

1024 source => mipmaps: 512, 256, 64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2

In addition it seems the ingame texture setting in video options make the engine not

draw the highest or second highest mipmap at all.

I honestly didn't expect to like it (say 'NO' to visual compromise) but, without having done any controlled testing, Vegetation_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER feels vastly better, I'm only very vaguely aware of any diminished IQ but it just feels so much smoother. Free lunch on kju!

I tested the buildings tweak. It's looking ugly and buggy in chernogorsk now. I would prefer to have the first LODs and you will

need 'em because otherwise it's bugged like you see on my screenshots below. Just remove the last mipmaps and LODs and

not the very high res ones, because for me performance is good in cities, it's not like it was with the performance draining trees...

Only the stutters are anoying. Try to remove as many LoD-Levels as possible to let the stuttering disappear but keep the nice look :)

Buildings Tweak (Low) From outside:

arma22009090512082109.th.jpg

Buildings Tweak (Low) Buggy inside:

arma22009090512083309.th.jpg

arma22009090512084110.th.jpg"]arma22009090512084110.th.jpg[/url]

Edited by Cionara

Hi,

I tried the Low version of Buildings2 Tweak Visuals and on Utes in Kameny the small grey huts (pit latrines?) are on very low detail.

Tino

I set model mass to 1 for each. I will update it tomorrow.

Is it possible to bring back mass also for bushes and such stuff? I just want to have more FPS, but currently it's not fair, that I can get inside them and others can't.

First of all, nice work. Good to see someone beat my laziness to it. :D

heya I tried to run this with fps helper and the lodding system didn't work with it.

Any chance you can chat with the fps helper author and come up with a solution so both can work (I hate arma2 grass and like that fps helper pretty much negates it)

I did an FPS check

FPShelper 25 fps

Nothing 15

LowLOD addon 18.

so fps helper still does some amazing work to keep the fps up. I just hate how the lod is so drastic between trees and would love something more static like your mod.

Once I get my PC back up and running then I can spend some time working working with FPShelper. I will be happy to check out what is going wrong / if something is going wrong when I can.

privet Messiah :)

the fixed version is already up or do you still experience the problem?

Thx P-Team!

Will try this asap. Hopfully i'll now be able to at least enter the 2 big towns :D

MfG, Medicus

I give you the advice to not enter the cafe or some black windows and invisible walls will scare the shit out of you :'D