R3fl3x

ArmA2 / OA (low) performance issues

Well it's quite easy to be cpu limited with that as arma 2 only scales well to 3 cores. What settings do you run at? the cpu killers are viewdistance, model detail and terrain detail, also put shadows on high or off because medium shadows are done by the cpu.

Thanks for the reply Leon. To be honest, it's not the actual FPS that's a problem. With the settings I use, I get around 35 FPS. That's perfectly fine. What troubles me is that when I enable crossfire, my FPS actually drops by a few. I can play fine with a single GPU I know, it's just annoying that there is an Arma OA crossfire profile, yet I do not see any benefit from it.

Maybe the crossfire will allow you to run more antialiasing.

These are my settings btw

Interface Resolution: 1920x1200

3D Resolution: 1920x1200

Visibility 3k

Texture Detail: High

Video memory: Default

Anisotropic: Normal

AA: Normal

ATOC: Disabled

Terrain: Normal

Objects: Normal

Shadows: High

HDR: Normal

PPAA: Disabled

Postprocess: Disabled

My CFG reads:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1200;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1200;

FSAA=2;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2113937408;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

vsync=0;

AToC=0;

PPAA=0;

PPAA_Level=0;

Windowed=0;

I use spirited machine launcher with:

-cpuCount=6

-nosplash

--------------------------------

Benchmark 01

Crossfire disabled: 45 FPS

Crossfire enabled: 42 FPS

SLI definitely works with ArmA 2, but I have heard of issues with Crossfire. Not sure what can be done about it, though.

some ati drivers seem to work better than others, if you find one that sortof works stick with it is probably the best advice.

If you look around the internet you will see there are mixed results with both sli or crossfire. Its almost random luck or random bad luck, either way..

;)

some ati drivers seem to work better than others, if you find one that sortof works stick with it is probably the best advice.

Well if anyone here can recommend an ATI version that works with crossfire, I'm all ears. 12.6 / 12.7 do nothing at all for me.

I'd like to know which one works best for a single 6950. I'm currently using 12.6 but if others have used various and found another one to be much better then please share.

If you look around the internet you will see there are mixed results with both sli or crossfire. Its almost random luck or random bad luck, either way..

;)

That's just an idiot who put everything on max and is cpu limited. sli works fine in arma 2.

That's just an idiot who put everything on max and is cpu limited. sli works fine in arma 2.

Just pointing out that when saying for certain something on here, its really your own opinion.

Another idiot for you, I can put 100's of these idiots up on here, but its not worth it, as I doubt they are all idiots. Sometimes sli works fine, sometimes crossfire works fine, but by just looking around on the internet you can find people having problems with both for arma 2, plus of course I can find lots of people loving using them, its just simple research to see if your machine will likely run well with it.. To take one persons word for it is not really that sensible, especially when it costs money..;)

It's just unfair to sli to say all dualgpu setups suffer in arma 2, many have tried both, sli support for arma 2 is much better than crossfire support.

sometimes pumping LOD scaling into locked-down state to prevent LOD flickering/shuffle issues/impact was smartest thing you can do, especially if you fly alot online.

about CFx impact -try fiddle with re-naming game binaries - various appz CFX profiles triggered on by different ones.

forgot name of program, that allow to manually edit CrossFire profiles and fine-tune them.

Hello guys i Need some advice and help

My Rig

Amd fx 8210 Stock

Amd Ati 7970 overclocked b sapphire ddr5 3 gig

hdd 500 gig

KIngston ram 12 gig totaal

^600 W power

asrock mb extreem 3

antech case cant remmber the model

mabye helpfull some score results on Heavenbencmark

fps in arma 2 or arrma 2 OA singelplayer or mulitplayer

is realy bad avg 20 worst case scenario 19 18 10

done a lot of searching on google for bad performance and tweaking advice doesn't really help get beter performance

parameters -nosplash -skipintro -noPatchCheck -noESRB -world=empty -noFilePatching -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -winxp

cfg/file both Arma 2 and Arma2 Oa

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2147483647;

nonlocalVRAM=1868337152;

vsync=1;

AToC=0;

PPAA=2;

PPAA_Level=2;

Windowed=0;

serverLongitude=4456451;

serverLatitude=4325443;

sry for me bad english

Powered by Unigine Engine

Heaven Benchmark v3.0 Basic

FPS:

Scores:

Min FPS:

Max FPS:

Hardware

Binary:

Windows 32bit Visual C++ 1600 Release Mar 7 2012

Operating system:

Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64bit

CPU model:

AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core Processor

CPU flags:

3093MHz MMX+ SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE41 SSE42 SSE4A SSE5 HTT

GPU model:

AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series 8.982.0.0 3072Mb

Settings

Render:

direct3d11

Mode:

1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen

Shaders:

high

Textures:

high

Filter:

trilinear

Anisotropy:

4x

Occlusion:

enabled

Refraction:

enabled

Volumetric:

enabled

Tessellation:

disabled

Unigine Corp. © 2005-2012

Edited by Evilredbull

Hello guys i Need some advice and help

My Rig

Amd fx 8210 Stock

Amd Ati 7970 overclocked b sapphire ddr5 3 gig

hdd 500 gig

KIngston ram 12 gig totaal

Every pc bogs down a bit in cities, it's very heavy on the cpu.

arma only scales well to 3 cores and beyond 4 there's no real gain anymore. Your cpu has quit bad "per core" performance.

you could increase performance by using lower model detail or very low viewdistances, or overclocking your cpu.

well Cant wait till arma 3 is comming out

going to buy a intel cpu just for arma 2 te get bit beter preformance

Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz 8MB LGA1155

You could save some money and get a 3570K and a Z77 board, performs the same and you keep the overclocking option open.

sounds good yes well thx for the advice.

much appreciated :yay:

SABERTOOTH Z77 is a nice looking board btw

going to buy this one for sure ..............

i got this Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case

u thing it ill fit

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

thx leon86

Btw Sry for me Bad english

Edited by Evilredbull

I'm having to put several of the video options on normal/low and it just doesn't seem like I should have to... My specs are:

quad-core i7 3770k @ 3.5-3.9 ghz

16GM RAM

Nvidia GeForce 560ti 1GB

I know there's better video cards and processors out there but I feel like this should be able to run the game with MOST settings maxed out. I'm achiving around 30FPS with the following settings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zc721b6fdaovs1/arma2OA%202012-08-15%2003-36-01-10.bmp?m

Does this seem correct to everyone else? Also, I disabled postprocess effects so I could get rid of that ANNOYING blur effect.

Just Ran Benchmark 01 and average FPS was 65. Benchmark for OA was 66, and Benchmark 02 was 21. In game I average around 35-40.

Thanks for any replies!

Edited by powell730

I feel like this should be able to run the game with MOST settings maxed out.

Arma 2 can't be maxed on any system, you have to choose what settings to max and what settings to keep low.

Arma 2 can't be maxed on any system, you have to choose what settings to max and what settings to keep low.

I dunno, I think it's possible but not at 60 FPS at all times. ;)

I run almost maxed settings (other than VD) and it's playable most of the time.

Yeah, if you're ok with 20 fps sometimes you can max it out of course.

Do you think I've got the correct settings for my system? I've read that telling Arma not to use the quad core makes it run better?

Don't get me wrong my game runs perfect on those settings, although I looked through a sniper scope for the first time the other day and it seemed to be quite jerky... I just want to make sure I'm not "missing out" on something with the settings I currently have and my computers capabilities.

You could save some money and get a 3570K and a Z77 board, performs the same and you keep the overclocking option open.

yeah, but IF you had extra-bucks/money, burning you pocket within/inside, switching to SB-E/S2011 build wasn't bad option, especially for "everyday use". benchmarks not show usual impact from, but you love it :-)

p.s.

spending some money of high-frequency and [even more importantly]low-latency memory modules also add SERIOUS amounts into smoothness/badassness of you PC performance ;)

sadly few of they actually sold/produced. and few available are ridiculously-priced :[ most important timing are [what you should look at, considereing purchase]is labeled as "CAS". lower it, better you system/PC is performing, more FPS you have and stronger you balls become. yay for low-latency memory. *cheers*

Edited by BasileyOne

spending some money of high-frequency and [even more importantly]low-latency memory modules also add SERIOUS amounts into smoothness/badassness of you PC performance ;)

sadly few of they actually sold/produced. and few available are ridiculously-priced :[ most important timing are [what you should look at, considereing purchase]is labeled as "CAS". lower it, better you system/PC is performing, more FPS you have and stronger you balls become. yay for low-latency memory. *cheers*

I doubt it, in all game related benchmarks the memory speed does next to nothing. except the ones using the wannabe integrated gpu.

I doubt it, in all game related benchmarks the memory speed does next to nothing. except the ones using the wannabe integrated gpu.

well thats depend many factors, but overall system smothness are considerably boosted, including generic games[made on mainstream engines] and sythetic benchmarks.

you should only look on "minimal" FPS, NOT average.

also its more about responsivness, ie how you system "feel" in action/work, rather than somethin fictional/numerical/scientific. if you had some low-latency modules and had time to test it, you LOVE result, trust me :-)

basically its also depend, aside heavily tuned[for underperforming/slow memory]software, generation/quality/peformance/features of memory controller, you CPU use, thats where both SB-E and IB notably exceel over pervious ones, for example.

and also there AMD perform better too, despite heavy intel-side optimization in most software[including Microsoft-supplied/shipped], withins same generation/era.

its hard to explain " by words", sadly, but "in practice" its had similar effect, that actually make ["Pentium"]i5/i7 processors more attractive, than ["Celeron"]/i3/Atom-branded, despite similar clocks and more attractive prices of last one.

Edited by BasileyOne