FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

It's just you, that can't realize the utter failureness of DR and keep convincing yourself it's a decent piece of software when it's not.

you just proved my point. i never made any point on the "failureness" or success of DR in my previous post. my post was about your own personal flaw, in which you think you are correct. Your ridiculous assumptions, sheer arrogance, on what you think my opinions are. You assume i think these things when i have shown not shown indication of what they are. You have assumed and judged DR based on no evidence of true gameplay or experience.

You have assumed and judged DR based on no evidence of true gameplay or experience.

So all the reviews, videos and information etc. don't count? Right.

So all the reviews, videos and information etc. don't count? Right.

lol you did it again.

Heres the problem, you seemingly chose to ignore the positives provided by the reviews and then picked out the negatives provided by a few reviews then took the negatives and labelled the game with them.

plus its fanboy not fanboi

To quote the popular expression - "lurk moar".

lol you did it again.

Heres the problem, you seemingly chose to ignore the positives provided by the reviews and then picked out the negatives provided by a few reviews then took the negatives and labelled the game with them.

The thing is, that these negatives are what makes DR a crappy game, some positives like ballistics or 2x2km area that xbox cod players consider big don't overcome the negatives. Combined with all the media you can easily get the idea what the game is about, and it's basically trying to turn CoD 4 hc into battlefield and it pretty much fails at it. It's no flashpoint, or cod/battlefield but a crappy game inbetween.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382239

That confirms it - that community is the worst community I have ever seen.

I'm pretty damn sure most of the posters there didn't even read what he was posting. I read it and understood what his point was easily, but they think he's saying he wants DR to be more like BF:BC2, which he obviously isn't saying if they would just read his damn post. And yes, if DR is trying to compete with BF:BC2, especially after seeing that video, then damn, Codemasters are royally screwed.

It's like watching this community when it has a fit over certain features. They simply won't see what you see, because they don't want to.

WOW that BF BC video was fucking awesome. I'll be picking that up for sure.

Anybody else that can't understand that there are *seemingly* fans of DR while the only thing we know about that game is that they *try* to use that good name + game from BI and offering a promotion video and several rumours about how it will be ?

I don't understand that.

The very core of a game is it's developers (BI) not the pure publishers ... (CM).

The developers from OFP have gone lost for CM.

As far as I know they don't cooperate anymore.

They did their own thing again: AA1 and AA2.

I really cannot understand someone who clings just to the name CM still only holds for pure legal reasons ...

Would I buy a Mercedes from a marketing group knowing it is only called Mercedes for legal reasons but has in no way connections to Mercedes but the wish to be a reduced copy of it? :confused:

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

WOW that BF BC video was fucking awesome. I'll be picking that up for sure.

It's easy to produce *nice* videos.

It's very difficult to develop a deeper gaming experience.

It will be difficult to get that certain experience if you spend too much time on other games. BI games certainly need (I love them for this) quite all your time & attention to get to the core of it.

And it's overwhelming and since 2001 a great experience to me.

I am hassling still with just only the little changed keyboard settings when turning from some hours of OFP (original) to AA1 or AA2 ...

You may recognize me ingame as I hit "v" for ironsight (in OFP and AA1) and therewith making a funny jump (AA2) and getting headshot ... ;-))))

Edited by Herbal Influence
Only for clearance ... nothing affects the first following post ;-)

You may recognize me ingame as I hit "v" for ironsight (in OFP and AA1) and therewith making a funny jump (AA2) and getting headshot ... ;-))))

I did that and then went into a fit and changed all the key binds.

Thanx for the tipp.

I was always too reluctant to do that.

But as for now I do more and more AA2 and get shot only in OFP anymore. ;-))

But as it still happens lmao and hope the enemies does so too ... and can't shoot me anymore ;-))

I did that and then went into a fit and changed all the key binds.

Haha, I had the same problem...got so annoyed that I changed the settings to old OFP ones, too :D

Edit

After watching the video: Why doesn't this guy die? :D I mean, hes shot like...10 times and still alive.

Edited by kavoven

It's easy to produce *nice* videos.

It's very difficult to develop a deeper gaming experience.

Not for DICE.

Haha, I had the same problem...got so annoyed that I changed the settings to old OFP ones, too :D

Edit

After watching the video: Why doesn't this guy die? :D I mean, hes shot like...10 times and still alive.

funny enought I always change back to the setting before I start playing A1 and A2;)

As much as I'd like to go: oh come on, devs waving guns around, I do recall a picture of Marek on a tank with either Bohemia Interactive or OFP banners strung on it... :D

As much as I'd like to go: oh come on, devs waving guns around, I do recall a picture of Marek on a tank with either Bohemia Interactive or OFP banners strung on it... :D

DO WANT! :p

Now where can i find that? :D

a_med_05b.jpg

Is this really Marek? :D

Edit: there is a better pic where Marek S. and Ivan B. in BDU on "recon mission".

Edited by NoRailgunner

Looks like Codemasters is, once again, making a big deal over nothing. Every game that features both armored and light vehicles has different handling between them. There is nothing special about that at all. :rolleyes:

I don't hate OFP:DR, but I hate the way Codemasters tries to make every aspect of it groundbreaking, despite the fact that the feature has already been done before (even in the first OFP or the Arma series).

Edited by Praelium

Looks like Codemasters is, once again, making a big deal over nothing. Every game that features both armored and light vehicles has different handling between them. There is nothing special about that at all. :rolleyes:

That's how marketing works. Make a big fuss out of nothing.

Just incase anyone is interested(I have had a look the few days of thses posts and couldnt find it alrdy posted), did that mini game to unlock 2 missions at http://recruit.flashpointgame.com/ typing these codes in the game.

OFPWEB1 will unlock Encampment:

Control a Spec Ops team, and ambush a People’s Liberation Army campsite in the dead of night.

Set in a heavily forested area, move cautiously between tree cover, with the enemy fanning out and trying to flank at every opportunity. The mission will culminate in a fierce and atmospheric firefight, mixing long-range shooting and close quarters combat in and around the camp.

and

OFPWEB2 will unlock Debris Field:

Set amongst the wreckage of an earlier vehicle engagement you must lead your fireteam through burnt-out tanks and APCs to engage superior numbers of PLA forces assaulting a strategically important position.

Mobility, cover, and the appropriate use of fully automatic weapons and grenades to suppress the enemy will be the tools to achieve success.