FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Pelit magazine for example, the biggest gaming magazine in Finland. I don't think I'm even going to bother trying the demo tbh.

Ah right I haven't read that one yet. I should go and pick it up.

Hm, the more widely known magazines have given it lower scores. Interesting...

Bodies disappear few secs after they die,

It's the AI 63 limit taking effect.

In the good old days of OFP in PVP CQB we would script the mission and make the bodies also disappear for reducing the lag.

It seems everything is taking into account to reduce any performance problem in DR. But there is no ambition, in this title. No risks are taken. But then again it's not much more than a console port.

As for the reviews I expect there will be a lot of different scores probably.

But if the reviewer is a OFP fan and expects a sequel, I sincerely doubt they will give a great score.

But if the reviewer is a OFP fan and expects a sequel, I sincerely doubt they will give a great score.

I expect something like that will be the main reason for differences in review scores. People expecting a true successor to OFP will be severely disappointed (~40% scores). The rest will likely decide based on the platform they tested the game on: console reviewers will probably think OFPDR is the dogs bollocks (~90% scores), while for a PC title it's really just average (~70-80% scores).

It's 5 months btw, and to compare 2009 game to latest 2005 battlefield on PC is more silly than comparing to a BF game that is coming out in matter of few months.

Are you really that dense? I already said two times that OFPDR is an improvement over similar games already released. It doesn’t matter if there is already a better product in development, when BF:BC2 gets released, it will be an improvement over OFPDR, but until then OFPDR is an improvement over older games. With your logic the word “improvement†shouldn’t be used anymore because at any given time something better is being developed over the newest product.

Edited by BogdanM

Are you really that dense? I already said two times that OFPDR is an improvement over similar games already released. It doesn’t matter if there is already a better product in development, when BF:BC2 gets released, it will be an improvement over OFPDR, but until then OFPDR is an improvement over older games. With your logic the word “improvement†shouldn’t be used anymore because at any given time something better is being developed over the newest product.

Are you really that short sighted? DR isn't out yet and neither is BC2, and they're very close in releases so BC2 can be considered as the current standard.

...DR isn't out yet...

I can post everything again on October 6th. No big deal, just ask :)

...they're very close in releases so BC2 can be considered as the current standard.

If their release dates are so close then I dare you to hold your breath from the moment OFPDR hits the stores until BC2 gets released. :rolleyes: (Don't do it!!! It will kill you)

Your bias towards OFPDR/CM is really obvious so I won't bother anymore.

Edited by BogdanM

Thanx for that info!

But I found nothing really new set aside that Intel is some kind of an advertising partner of CM with that article. No facts delivered but a lot marketing language.

And sure it's dangerous for BI if CM has Intel at it's side and they cannot because they are surely as cpu-demanding as CM, but just too small.

Intel not for no reason was in spring 2009 punished by the EU to pay 1 Billion Euros for illegal distribution practises.

I was looking for:

Does DR use four cores? No answer.

A new question arose:

This EGO technology ("nothing not actually visible is rendered") sounds good.

(Sounds also like being softwarepatented which I find, to be short, immoral. Did you know Google gained after a long law suit the patent for the "centered insertion field in a web page"?)

Does BI use EGO?

Your bias towards OFPDR/CM is really obvious so I won't bother anymore.

Well I think you're the only one biased here, DR/CM fanboi.

A new question arose:

This EGO technology ("nothing not actually visible is rendered") sounds good.

Another question is : does "not rendered" also implied that units which aren't visible are still simulated, i mean can they kill each other, move, fly, destroy fences etc...

Edited by ProfTournesol
bad quote

I still think BFBC 2 looks more fun than this game :p

So true, DR failed big time trying to make the game battlefield/cod'ish.

I still think BFBC 2 looks more fun than this game :p

I've not payed much attention to BF:BC2 until I saw that trailer. Holy crap. :eek:

MW2 and BF:BC2 are both on my buy list now.

But yes, if CM seriously thought they could try to compete with that... :butbut:

Another question is : does "not rendered" also implied that units which aren't visible are still simulated, i mean can they kill each other, move, fly, destroy fences etc...

Of course they can, otherwise you could just look away from enemies to stop them from being simulated and run away from them. :p

BI could use better techniques against overdraw, mid-range GFX cards still have problems with bushes from up close. Though it doesnt make DR's gamplay any less uninteresting. :p

EDIT: Is Bad Company 2 really supposed to look that bright?

I'm a buy it just to see how badly BIS blows Codies outta the water, an for a tie over between A2 an COD MW2. Used to despise BF series but that looks pretty good, course can't deny the fact that I too was a BF closet player. Yes TG for BIS an Novalogic to save me from certain corridor doom.:yay:

Of course they can, otherwise you could just look away from enemies to stop them from being simulated and run away from them. :p

BI could use better techniques against overdraw, mid-range GFX cards still have problems with bushes from up close. Though it doesnt make DR's gamplay any less uninteresting. :p

EDIT: Is Bad Company 2 really supposed to look that bright?

It's the bad video quality messing with the dust on the sky blown by the dust storm on that map.

Well I think you're the only one biased here, DR/CM fanboi.

your attempts to blame other people of bias does not hide your own blatant and painstakingly obvious subjective self. you are blind, ignorant while somehow being able to convince yourself you are the word of reason. plus its fanboy not fanboi

your attempts to blame other people of bias does not hide your own blatant and painstakingly obvious subjective self. you are blind, ignorant while somehow being able to convince yourself you are the word of reason. plus its fanboy not fanboi

While posters here are admittedly harsh on OFP:DR, the fact that all of your posts are made in this thread would indicate that you joined the forums specifically to defend OFP:DR. That, by most estimations, would mean that you are a fanboy and are no less "objective" than Leopardi.

alright guys step back and take a deep breath....

I know that since we are all fans of ArmA 2 we are going to compare the two titles thoroughly (because of the name issue or the history or any other reason). I think it is obvious for most of us from the videos and the accumulating facts about the game that the CM offering will be an epic fail compared to our beloved game series.

However... to hear that some of you guys would prefer to play COD6 or BF2BC over DR is quite alarming to say the least. Could it really be that bad? I mean I think one of the reviews posted here said that the game compares to the original ghost recon, if that is true then i don't see how would I prefer the usual run and gun corridor shooter over that (and even now i still play OGR from time to time).

All I am saying is that we know this game is not going to live up to the standards of its name, but leaving it only to jump on the COD bandwagon.. isn't that too much?

dadadadadadadada......BATMAN :D

nanananananananana......it sucked

Edited by jblackrupert
a

It's just you, that can't realize the utter failureness of DR and keep convincing yourself it's a decent piece of software when it's not.