1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Hi njmatrix

In the words of the late great Freddie Mercury

And DReck has none of it.

Heck it does not even have what BIS's OFP1 had.

Why the heck would anyone want a game like DReck that does not even have the capabilities a 10 year old game like BIS's OFP1 has?

What capabilities? do you even play OFP? So far I am not sure what your rallying against. Because since you haven't seen the game how can you say what it has and doesn't have?

Why the heck would anyone want a game like DReck that can not even compete with a game like BIS's ArmA I for functionality?

ArmA 1 is functionable? Not sure what you mean there either. I know alot of stuff it isn't and that can be found here in the forums.

Why the heck would anyone want an old fashioned game engine like DReck that has made no attempt to match the modern capabilities and quality that ArmA II is attempting?

old fashioned game engine? what engine do you think it's using? Do you even know? Ever see DIRT? and that is old fashion?

Modern capabilities? ok ill bite what modern capabilities?

Hand Signals? oh wait BIA did that already.

Jumping fences? oh wait that is every FPS minus BI games.

Flashbangs? nope there either SWAT4 cornered that market.

Large Battlefields? Yep new item there so much so Ghost Recon 1 had em.

Artillery? Editor?Civilians?Animals?Jets,Helos?

No wait Graphics? Nope because EVERY other game has had better graphics including DIRT that was made a couple years ago.ArmA is JUST NOW getting into the graphics realm it should be in.

Arguing with facts is one thing but blind devotion and slinging BS is another.I cannot believe I am defending OFDR but if you're gonna bash the game at least know something about it. Holy crap koolaid drinkers scare me.

Edited by njmatrix

" Modern capabilities? ok ill bite what modern capabilities?

Hand Signals? oh wait BIA did that already.

Jumping fences? oh wait that is every FPS minus BI games.

Flashbangs? nope there either SWAT4 cornered that market.

Large Battlefields? Yep new item there so much so Ghost Recon 1 had em.

Artillery? Editor?Civilians?Animals?Jets,Helos?

No wait Graphics? Nope because EVERY other game has had better graphics including DIRT that was made a couple years ago.ArmA is JUST NOW getting into the graphics realm it should be in."...

...you forgot to mention the masterful pathfinding of Ms. Pacman.

Come on now mate, many have tried to gather a feature list done by this game or that game, throw them in a game stew, and present that stew as far better than OFP/Arma. You should be well aware that OFP/Arma are pretty unique in the genre of the Open World Cross Arms shooter and that taken apart individually, can be beaten by a variety of games but when taken as a whole, is quite genre-defining.

I find it funny that there is an attempt by some in the CM fanbase to 'open our eyes' to the obvious flaws of Ofp/Arma and embrace the promises of something better over the CM horizon all the while the general emotional state of their forums can only be described as "gloomier than an all male attendance at the Lillith Fair during the 'off time of the month'".

Edited by froggyluv

"

...you forgot to mention the masterful pathfinding of Ms. Pacman.

".

hey i am not saying one is better than another. I also have no clue OTHER than the media I have seen.

As for ArmA/OFP I own em. And have played em, and as much as i love OFP it has serious flaws in it. Along with ArmA.

Was OFP game breaking? sure was.

Was it buggy as hell? Oh hell yeah.

Was ArmA ground breaking? No.

Nothing about Arma was ground breaking in my opinion. it was a rehashed OFP and poorly done in my opinion.

But I think the BEST part of these games is not the games themselves. It is the guys moding them to their limits to give us great addons and mods to play. If I had to play Vanilla OFP again I don't think I would.

FFUR,MCM,WGL,GRAA and WW4 along with tons of missions makes the game awesome to play. Those guys took flawed games and made them 1000% better.

Walker is totally getting owned now by njmatrix, i dont think i have to add anything else today...

*prays placebo doesnt see this and calls it spam*

Walker is totally getting owned now by njmatrix, i dont think i have to add anything else today...

LOLZ

"Now lets pray together":D

Hopefully, no he won't and you two will have a nice vacation from here upon which we can discuss things without constant trolling.

i agree, enought is enought

ontopic: unless codie show me something that are even close to what i think of is a realistic tactical shooter, there is no way for me to believe that it worth buying

i agree, enought is enought

ontopic: unless codie show me something that are even close to what i think of is a realistic tactical shooter, there is no way for me to believe that it worth buying

We should just freeze this thread till the new trailer CM are working on comes out, which is supposed to be really soon.

Or shall we just bicker over the same things for another 30 pages? =D

Should we stop it, or should we all chime in talking about how we should stop it for the next three weeks as if we weren't trolling like it was going out of style in the first place?

LOLZ

"Now lets pray together":D

2 day post restrictions for the both of you.

hey i am not saying one is better than another. I also have no clue OTHER than the media I have seen.

As for ArmA/OFP I own em. And have played em, and as much as i love OFP it has serious flaws in it. Along with ArmA.

Was OFP game breaking? sure was.

Was it buggy as hell? Oh hell yeah.

Was ArmA ground breaking? No.

Nothing about Arma was ground breaking in my opinion. it was a rehashed OFP and poorly done in my opinion.

But I think the BEST part of these games is not the games themselves. It is the guys moding them to their limits to give us great addons and mods to play. If I had to play Vanilla OFP again I don't think I would.

FFUR,MCM,WGL,GRAA and WW4 along with tons of missions makes the game awesome to play. Those guys took flawed games and made them 1000% better.

Absolutely spot on! ... Well said! ;)

Every game that is released doesn't have to be ground breaking. Arma 2 might not even be ground breaking, and DR might be the same. What matters is if they're good games. They're building on the success of the original OFP, making the experience better, adding things and refining it. Just because it doesn't shake things up as much as OFP did doesn't make them a bad game. And ArmA was a bit annoying at the start, but now it's a very good game.

Every game that is released doesn't have to be ground breaking. Arma 2 might not even be ground breaking, and DR might be the same. What matters is if they're good games. They're building on the success of the original OFP, making the experience better, adding things and refining it. Just because it doesn't shake things up as much as OFP did doesn't make them a bad game. And ArmA was a bit annoying at the start, but now it's a very good game.

So now just as they have finished fixing up ArmA they bring out ArnA2! Very reassuring!

Forgive me for asking; but apart from the setting and story what exactly will be new? Is it the same engine again? What happened to the 'dynamic destruction' they were demonstrating a few years back, will that be included? Why can we still not have shooting from vehicles? What new wildlife are we supposed to be seeing?

Everything I’ve seen in the preview videos so far is just like in ArmA1, nothing to really catch my attention. I’m not saying it will be a bad game, just that I can’t really see what will be new about it!

I’ve been off these boards for a while so maybe I’m missing something!

So now just as they have finished fixing up ArmA they bring out ArnA2! Very reassuring!

Forgive me for asking; but apart from the setting and story what exactly will be new? Is it the same engine again? What happened to the 'dynamic destruction' they were demonstrating a few years back, will that be included? Why can we still not have shooting from vehicles? What new wildlife are we supposed to be seeing?

Everything I’ve seen in the preview videos so far is just like in ArmA1, nothing to really catch my attention. I’m not saying it will be a bad game, just that I can’t really see what will be new about it!

I’ve been off these boards for a while so maybe I’m missing something!

2 words: ArmA2 Thread.

A lot of useful things in there !

(hmm, maybe I should pay OFP DR forums a visit too ? :D)

We have boars, cows and dogs. There's dynamic building destruction that has been demonstrated in other videos from GC, where you can blow a path into a building for your squad, etc, or just selectivly destroy parts of the building. It's not a Physx kind of destruction, but a model hide thing, which is enough really.

Regarding mods and OFP, I think that's personal taste and prefrence. There's a myriad of people who never played OFP mods yet still liked OFP. It's all up to personal prefrence.

Edited by MehMan

We should just freeze this thread till the new trailer CM are working on comes out, which is supposed to be really soon.

Or shall we just bicker over the same things for another 30 pages? =D

agreed the game comes out the 26th and we can bash it to death once we have played it lol

We have boars, cows and dogs. There's dynamic building destruction that has been demonstrated in other videos from GC, where you can blow a path into a building for your squad, etc, or just selectivly destroy parts of the building. It's not a Physx kind of destruction, but a model hide thing, which is enough really.

Regarding mods and OFP, I think that's personal taste and prefrence. There's a myriad of people who never played OFP mods yet still liked OFP. It's all up to personal prefrence.

VBS1 had foxes,camels,snakes and rabbits and dogs. Soldner Secret Wars has Destructible enviroments already including building,trees and the ground.

Actually Soldner had alot of interesting additions including diving thru windows. climbing over fences and climbing onto roofs, hook and carry vehicles with helos and Halo jumps from helos.You could do as you say and blow a hole in a building to get into it or get someone hiding in it.

The mods and addons is my preference and i agree with you on that aspect as well. It is a great game no matter what

Edited by Sniperwolf572
Merged

njmatrix, please edit your posts in the future instead of doubleposting.

njmatrix, please edit your posts in the future instead of doubleposting.

If I did it was an accident sorry for the double post

VBS cost a lot more than OFP. It was very attractive in the features, but almost any of the good stuff wasn't in any of the basic modules. Still, a different game.

Soldner, never tried that, I heard that it was okay in the later versions, but a complete disaster in the start. Much like ArmA.

That's a fairly old video, Balschoiw. And, sadly, a fairly disappointing one at that.

That's a fairly old video, Balschoiw.

Really ? It got posted today and was compiled by Codemasters during the recent Gamestar visit at their studios :icon_wink: