Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

OFP:DR is a laugh, look, not even the forum software can take it seriously :p

Honestly though, Its too bad they refuse journalist to record the gameplay footage they make.

I would love to seen more details, especially in regards of weaponsystems.

very constructive post.

Can you tell us why OFP2 is a laugh?

Codemasters seem to be lazy and they are just making excuses not to have certain features in the game.

"But, its a relatively uninhabited island, and they were all evacuated, so no civilians."

"Uhm...you have a nice scripted airstrike to use on your command, so no flyable jets."

These are two examples where so many mission possibilities or simply possibilities in general, have been removed.

So BIS is lazy too cause they promised many features before we knew the name of the "next gen game" and nothing is added in ArmA2 (damage system,destructible buildings,enterable buildings,smart AI and many more).

Edited by KorpeN

So BIS is lazy too cause they promised many features before we knew the name of the "next gen game" and nothing is added in ArmA2 (damage system,destructible buildings,enterable buildings,smart AI and many more).
They are added afaik. Maybe they aren't up to your expectations but they're definitely added. Edited by SgtH3nry3

They are added. Maybe they aren't up to your expectations but they're definitely added.

Sure.Maybe we have different expectations.Maybe I want a real simulator and not a patch for ArmA(which it was a fine game but not simulator).

very constructive post.

Can you tell us why OFP2 is a laugh?

Because CM promised so much, they promised it could live up to the original, but instead gave us a load of droppings.

Just re-read the last few pages. Seeing the direction of comments, the features, and obvious focus on elements have finally got it through my thick skull. These are quite different games. I'm of a mind (finally, as others have had this view for some time) that they aren't actually in competition with each other. One's a fast, fun shooter, and ones an immersive, live your virtual life engine. Sofar, one is made to have fun with, and one is to have satisfaction with. Two different approaches and two different rewards to be gained. Not at all saying that gaining the satisfaction isn't fun, but from less hardcore people, they are looking for quicker gratification, and less focus on the accomplishment of mission itself.

Because CM promised so much, they promised it could live up to the original, but instead gave us a load of droppings.

It sounds like you have seen too much things so you made your opinion.Can you give me some links so I can see too?Or you just judge by the pre-alpha ingame videos?And what points exactly are that they drooped you down?

Ptolemaios: it was just a joke/irony playing on the useless fanboi wars in this thread.

For the record, I dont exactly see you posting much constructive either:)

Sure.Maybe we have different expectations.Maybe I want a real simulator and not a patch for ArmA(which it was a fine game but not simulator).
Well, I don't really believe in Codemasters' ability to build simulators anymore.

They dumbed down Colin McRae Rally, they dumbed down the Toca/DTM/Pro/V8 Supercars driver series (now Race Driver: GRID) and currently are screwing the F1 name with something which only has the potention of being worse than Sony's 2006 version.

So I have all the reasons to doubt the quality of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

That's why currently more interesting in Simbin and Bohemia Interactive games.

Edited by SgtH3nry3

Ptolemaios: it was just a joke/irony playing on the useless fanboi wars in this thread.

For the record, I dont exactly see you posting much constructive either:)

Maybe I am not constructive too.But there is a difference.

My "non-constructive" "negative" criticism about ArmA2 gets me ban but your non constructive negative criticism about OFPDR or the "constructive" positive "ArmA2 will kick ass","The cows are awesome" posts (how these posts areconstructive) of other members are welcome.Can you see what I mean?And now maybe a moderator will come and warn me that this post is off-topic and flaming.

But the cows are awesome.

It's the little details that add the beauty.

But the cows are awesome.

It's the little details that add the beauty.

I agree but not to simulation.

You don't want to simulate shooting a cow with a bazooka?

And yes it adds simulation.

You can now have simulated gun fights in simulated farms.

You don't want to simulate shooting a cow with a bazooka?

And yes it adds simultion.

You can now have gun fights in simulated farms.

You dont get it.The time that spent making the cow should be spent to make for example realistic working scopes.

It adds to the realism, and realism is what simulations are all about, right?

And I don't buy the "They could have spent the time doing something else" line. In a game with as wide spanning a premise as ArmA2, the workload has to be balanced relatively evenly across the various facets of the game. That's what seperates a real "simulator" from just a really realistic shooter game, like RO.

Edited by echo1

You dont get it.The time that spent making the cow should be spent to make for example realistic working scopes.

I'm more intrested in cows.

Any old scope is fine for me. As long as it simulates my ability to shoot more accurately over range.

Detail in my simulated enviroment is important me. I'm not an "all about the guns" type of guy.

I'm quite intrested in the art direction of ArmA 2. I think in a return to the original format, I'm going to get some of the flavours and architecture and foliage and fauna found in the region depicted. Some authentic ones. Maybe even some street fashions and car choices.

I find this intresting in the same way as Crysis was an intresting desert island.

I think the artists have personal knowledge and love for the enviroment. That it will be an excellent simulation for this choice. Those cows, are Ukrainian cows, I'm betting. I've only ever owned Aberdeen Angus myself. And no scope I've ever owned has ever been more intresting to me than an Aberdeen Angus.

I wouldn't pay a Thai guy $50 to shoot a realistic working scope with a bazooka either.

Edited by Baff1

Maybe I am not constructive too.But there is a difference.

My "non-constructive" "negative" criticism about ArmA2 gets me ban but your non constructive negative criticism about OFPDR or the "constructive" positive "ArmA2 will kick ass","The cows are awesome" posts (how these posts areconstructive) of other members are welcome.Can you see what I mean?

As far as your ban from from Armaholic.com goes, if I remember correctly, you were banned for badmouthing an admin and excessive flaming. Later using proxies to bypass the ban. So no, voicing your opinion will not get you banned from anywhere. General smacktarding will.

Edited by sparks50

Cows, or in a more general aspect, animal life adds a lot to this sort of game. It's an alive and breathing world that is simulated and as a soldier you have to be aware twice if the movement you saw is caused by a cow behind a bush or an enemy sniper.

If you guess wrong and you shot at a cow, nearby enemies might be alerted by the shot and the surpise-factor of your approach to enemy base is gone.

Thats why i'm sad that CM decided to not implement civilans. Same principle here. Look twice (at least) what you're targeting at.

And as BIS said that the behaviour of the player in contact with civilians will have influence in the missions, it is a big immersion factor IMHO.

Might be some thinks this is wasted time. I don't think so. It makes the simulated world come alive.

And you think the same person that makes cows makes the scopes?

Its almost as if some people think there are only 1 or 2 people working on ArmA...:rolleyes:

As far as your ban from from Armaholic.com goes, if I remember correctly, you were banned for badmouthing an admin and excessive flaming. Later using proxies to bypass the ban. So no, voicing your opinion will not get you banned from anywhere. General smacktarding will.

Proxies?lol

I just made another account with my real life name.And get banned again for what?

And I didnt refer to Armaholic when I said banned.I refer to BIS forums.

And remember when I said my opinion about ArmA2 everyone was like "If I knew were you live..." or "When did you visit a doctor last time?" very mature posts eh?And it was me that flaming..come on...

And you think the same person that makes cows makes the scopes?

Its almost as if some people think there are only 1 or 2 people working on ArmA...:rolleyes:

So why we see cows and we dont see realistic scopes?Its ridiculous that the sniper in a war simulator has one level of zoom.Think about it.

So why we see cows and we dont see realistic scopes?Its ridiculous that the sniper in a war simulator has one level of zoom.Think about it.

Maybe it's because most military rifles only have one level of zoom in real life? ArmA did have one rifle with variable zoom - the SPR, and that's because it was the only rifle that should have more than one level of zoom.

Maybe it's because most military rifles only have one level of zoom in real life? ArmA did have one rifle with variable zoom - the SPR, and that's because it was the only rifle that should have more than one level of zoom.

OK I am owned on this.

Sniper scopes were a bad example.

What about the tank scopes and targeting system?

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think to remember that OFP had zommable tank scopes also had ArmA. Why should ArmA2 don't have them also?

Did i miss something where it is said that tank scopes have fixed zoom level?

Or did i missed the point of your post completely? Then i have to aplogize.

I think it was to do with the realism of Fire Control Systems. I admit that they could do a better job of them (I mean, if some modders can make one, so can BIS). On the other hand, I'd rather have something new than something that can be easily made by modders.

(Yes I know that animals were made by modders for OFP, I just doubt that they would have behaved in any sort of realistic manner)

Ah yes, then i missed the point. Fully agree with the lack of a functional FCS. Should be implemented from beginning.

Ptolemaios, I'm seeing a trend. You are complaining about getting banned, and complaining about this game... Just aggressively complaining.

Can you post something besides GFX related issues, since outstanding images for both DR and Arma II can be found.

I agree on the weapon interfaces and FCS. Can you contend with OFP:DR's lack of depth and BF2 like animations/playability? The new German Arma II review had very nice animations and handsignals very realistic ground cover, good air support, large group command.. Bardosyl (he made the urban and countryside Youtube vids) said he can play smoothly on much higher settings. I'm assuming he took them down for the recording. Anything on those subjects? Basically can you argue feature for feature with both games?