vilas

VILAS addons release thread

Heya Vilas, if you could put a date next to the links, so we know which links have been updated, that would be great. It is kinda hard trying to find out which addons have been updated.

I found a few bugs

No magazines work with the AS VAL with Kobra

AKS-74U/AK-105/AK-105 with Kobra/AKMSB has no recoil in single shot

Vil_AKS_74_UB and VIL_AKS_74_UN_kobra are both the same model AKS-74U SD

AN-94 with 1P29 has a permanent muzzle flash and has no animations

Edited by Rich_482

vilas, do you have plans for making additional APC version of MTLB? I think it won't take much time.

okay Rich_482, thanx for report , fixing bugs a.t.m. and uploading again, shame noone found them before :)

Hi Vilas

Just found another glitch

When you run with the APS your arms pass through your body

wat0cl.jpg

Also the AKMS SD has no recoil when fired in single shot

Edited by Rich_482

I also have another issue that a few people have pointed out

The sounds are really weird in this mod. A lot are low quality (should use BIS sounds so we can use our sound mods) and the distance to sound volume ratio are messed up. I like being able to hear gunfights 1 km away, but when a tank is 500m away, it shouldn't sound like it is beside me.

The sounds are really weird in this mod. A lot are low quality (should use BIS sounds

how many times i have to type this - there are BIS sounds used (i told it few times in past, it only brings new models to game, not changing gameplay, balistics etc. )

1 ) there are used only BIS sounds - fully compatible with game

this addon brings only new MODELS, not changing BIS class of weapon characteristics

2 ) there are used only BIS sounds - fully compatible with game

this addon brings only new MODELS, not changing BIS class of weapon characteristics

3 ) there are used only BIS sounds - fully compatible with game

i wonder how it is possible to hear different sound in this addon (cause few people told to use BIS sounds), cause there is only new model:

class vil_AKS_74_gp : AK_74_GL {

scope = public;

model = "\vilas_aks\vil_aks_74_gp";

displayName = AKS-74 GP25;

UiPicture = "\CA\weapons\data\Ico\i_regular_CA.paa";

handAnim[] = {"OFP2_ManSkeleton", "\vilas_aks\Anim\ak_gp.rtm"};

};

there is no custom sounds used here in this addon, only one sound file there is "reload bolt" of SV98

on most of weapons sound mods should work, but on weapons that have defined fire mods like burst - no, cause sound mods overwrite only orginal BIS AK_xx/Mx classes

in future i will try to find from Youtube some sounds, but at the moment finding all bugs is most important and i hope now all bugs are found after those last reports

APS animation - Udaloy wanted his best - but okay i will change it to default Makarov

AKMSB fixed right now

fixing now and replacing, 40 minutes left

Edited by vilas

Vilas

Just downloaded your updated Russian weapons, and I'm really satisfied with it and the improvements, I especially love that you added working night vision sights for them. Simply Amazing work. Thank you for it.

Edit: a question; how much of you using Vilas's AK pack are like the HiFi soundpack?

Edited by Banderas

Edit: a question; how much of you using Vilas's AK pack are like the HiFi soundpack?

I use Vilas's Aks with HiFI soundpack.

when i will be making FAL/G3/UZI/FNC (west rifles) pack, i will add AK4, AG3 too , it will be made

but now i must end/finish Russian pack and Polish pack

Yeah! :yay:

Don´t rush it, though, more time to explore your Russian weapons for me :P

I use Vilas's Aks with HiFI soundpack.

+1

Today I have loaded mod " Russian Weapons " it is a fantasy!!!!

I think, that it is better than this MOD for the Russian weapon in ARMA2 will not be!

VIL I want to ask AK102 from another MOD?? (because he more dark also has a butt not from AK 100s series)??

VIL you can make all AK100 series more dark (especially plastic parts) because they look awfully - not realistic grey :(

And the last, unfortunately " VIL PKP " unsuccessful attempt to transform PKM in PKP VIL Forgive but I shall tell the truth: Bohemia PKP is more realistic than yours:unhappy:

Look thickness a barrel

http://picasaweb.google.ru/TokkotTok/SmallArmsRU?feat=directlink#5429966281078562690

Gas pipe

http://picasaweb.google.ru/TokkotTok/SmallArmsRU?feat=directlink#5429964947515139442

Barrel a brake

http://picasaweb.google.ru/TokkotTok/SmallArmsRU?feat=directlink#5429964955436506018

bipods fasten directly to a barrel(For the best cooling) instead of as at RPK74

Vilas, I have a little question, why a metal mag for Ak-103? ^^

Edited by Shrademn'Yyhrs

There are thousands and thousands of mags from AKM, which can be used with AK-103/-104. So, there is no reason not to use them - no need to produce more plastic ones.

Hey does anyone know if someone is doing a CDF reskin for Vilas Eastern Tank Pack?

Vilas:

I really think you should open separate threads for your addons. At least P'85 should get it's own thread. This starts to become very confusing.

For example, If people report a bug 'with the T-64', no one knows if he means the one in your eastern vehicle pack or the one in P'85...

Just an idea.

D.

Hi Vilas

Just want to know if u have any plans to fix the T-55 from ur packs. I mean be able to fire the 12.7mm gun from commanders seat like in the other tanks.

There are thousands and thousands of mags from AKM, which can be used with AK-103/-104. So, there is no reason not to use them - no need to produce more plastic ones.

I know, but the few photos of Ak-103 in service I have saw are with plastic's mags.

Anyway it's not important. :)

Edited by Shrademn'Yyhrs

Just want to know if u have any plans to fix the T-55 from ur packs. I mean be able to fire the 12.7mm gun from commanders seat like in the other tanks.

The DShK works fine. You have to be turned out to use it since the gun can't be operated from inside the turret like the NSVT can on later tanks.

Well that gets rid of that issue for me, thanks

I have never tried turning out in T-55 while in loaders seat lol

Edited by vasmkd

Hiya

Love the AKs pack :)

REPLACEMENT MOD

I've been using a modified version of Shrademn'Yyhrs' excellent replacement pack after doing a bunch of research on who uses what. I'll post it up soon.

Keen to feedback on what I've selected for special forces . . .

MVD:

• MVD_Soldier - AK_107_kobra > VIL_AK_107_C
  • MVD_Soldier_AT - AK_107_kobra, RPG7V > VIL_9a91_C, VIL_RPG29
  • MVD_Soldier_GL - AK_107_GL_kobra > VIL_Groza_GL
  • MVD_Soldier_MG - Pecheneg > VIL_PKP, VIL_PYA
  • MVD_Soldier_Marksman - VSS_vintorez > VIL_SVU_A, VIL_PYA
  • MVD_Soldier_Sniper - SVD > VIL_SV_98_69, VIL_PYA
  • MVD_Soldier_TL - AK_107_GL_pso > VIL_Abakan_P29 , VIL_PYA

Spetsnaz:

• RUS_Commander - AKS_74_U, MakarovSD > VIL_Vikhr, VIL_PYA
  • RUS_Soldier1 - Bizon > vil_AK_74m_gp_29, VIL_APS
  • RUS_Soldier2 - Bizon_silenced > VIL_Groza_SC, VIL_APSSD
  • RUS_Soldier3 - AKS_74_UN_kobra (SD) > VIL_VAL_C , VIL_APSSD
  • RUS_Soldier_GL - Bizon, RPG18 > VIL_GROZA_GL, VIL_RPG7V_PGO
  • RUS_Soldier_Marksman - VSS_vintorez > VIL_VSS_PSO , VIL_APSSD
  • RUS_Soldier_Sab - Bizon_silenced > VIL_VAL_N, VIL_APSSD
  • RUS_Soldier_TL - AKS_74_U, MakarovSD > vil_Abakan_P29, VIL_APSSD

README FILE ADDITIONS

Vilas - a question and an addition to the readme:

Readme needs to add these classes so it's easy for people to see everything that's on offer:

• vil_AK_3_K - AEK-973 Colimator
  • vil_Abakan_P29 - AN-94 Abakan with 1P29 scope
  • vil_AK_74_gp - AK-74 GP25
  • vil_AK_74m_k - AK-74M with PK-A scope
  • vil_AK_74m_gp_29 - AK-74M GP25(30?) with 1P29 scope
  • vil_RPK74M_P29 - RPK-74M with 1P29 scope
  • vil_SVU_A - SVU-A selectfire version of SVU
  • vil_SV_98_SD - SV-98 SD with PK-07 scope

Correct this:

VIL_AKS_74_UN_kobra - AKS74U silenced ironsight

to this:

Vil_AKS_74_UB - AKS74U silenced ironsight

I also saw these models in the PBO which don't seem to be used:

• PKP_N
  • vil_ak_105_k

Are they placeholders or do they just need to be configed up?

Thanks for all your hard work! Be assured it is appreciated :)

Pete

how many times i have to type this - there are BIS sounds used (i told it few times in past, it only brings new models to game, not changing gameplay, balistics etc. )

1 ) there are used only BIS sounds - fully compatible with game

2 ) there are used only BIS sounds - fully compatible with game

3 ) there are used only BIS sounds - fully compatible with game

i wonder how it is possible to hear different sound in this addon (cause few people told to use BIS sounds), cause there is only new model:

there is no custom sounds used here in this addon, only one sound file there is "reload bolt" of SV98

on most of weapons sound mods should work, but on weapons that have defined fire mods like burst - no, cause sound mods overwrite only orginal BIS AK_xx/Mx classes

in future i will try to find from Youtube some sounds, but at the moment finding all bugs is most important and i hope now all bugs are found after those last reports

APS animation - Udaloy wanted his best - but okay i will change it to default Makarov

AKMSB fixed right now

fixing now and replacing, 40 minutes left

So what about the FAL and the SKS for example? Those are NOT BIS sounds.

SKS has as i remember BIS AK 7.62 sound