Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Hey Nicolai,

I'm not sure if I remember this correct, but what I believe Solus did to fix the animations was cutting all the animations into small parts and then have those play after each other to still look like the original animation.

But now you can interupt the animation after any finished part of the animation to do something else.

So he used the engines limitation and found a way to avoid problems with it.

Hope I explained it correct and give Solus' work enough credit.

Let's hope he comes here to explain you some more as he is nothing short of a genius. ;)

Whatever he did in terms of anima-splicing, notice that the AI stay much more direction oriented towards their threat then Vanilla even while they're on the move. Sometimes I see some warping but I'm prepared to live with that for the far better directional movement.

Sorry for asking the same queston all over again, but dismemberment doesn't seem to work for me, what do I have to do to make it work? I'm not using the NoGibs.pbo by the way.

Sorry for asking the same queston all over again, but dismemberment doesn't seem to work for me, what do I have to do to make it work? I'm not using the NoGibs.pbo by the way.

You have to have SLX_Wounds.pbo loaded. And some others .pbo's that are required by SLX_wounds. Look in the readme of SLX mod.

You will need SLX_cloud.pbo although it is not stated in the readme.

I'm also having the problem where the AI will fire on distant enemies while in HOLD FIRE mode.

THe Mod is a huge improvement. Surely its a huge amount of work and so its clear that there are some bugs.

The vehicle AI is not able to maintain formation while in Danger mode.

If your tank squad is advancing fast, the tanks got stuck at trees(I know they did before, but now its more worse) blockade eachother and so on.

Also, theres a funny thing. If a tank crew is at danger mode, they always shout:"Go, I cover!" and so one, in a tank!

Sorry for the wait. Here's version 1.98:

http://www.filefront.com/16101447/SLX_Mod_ArmA2_1.98.rar

Almost every area has been improved, fixed, polished, and tested in SP and MP. SLX should be compatible with virtually all other mods and does not crash servers when used.

Kroky: Thanks for spotting the AIs still firing, I'll fix it in the next version or a small update. It's probably from a dofire command.

Nicolai: The animations are part of the game configuration files, not what I would consider actual 'code' or programming though. Try opening up the pbos with cpbo or something and use unrap to make the config.bin files into text readable .cpp files. Then you can see how everything is set up. For scripting programming find the ArmA 2 command reference and look at .sqf files.

Edited by Solus

Just make a blank file called SLX.hpp. You can put #define ACE 1 in it to have the SLX skill levels override the ACE skill settings. Also here's a sloppy incomplete list of things done in 1.98:

-Tweaked AI skill settings. Added default AI skill profile settings so AI accuracy and skill can be set through the in game difficulty setting. To set the AI accuracy go to the difficulties settings page and select the "custom" skill level, then set the slider to the AI accuracy and press ok. Then go back to the page and press "default" to set the AI SKILL to 1, which leaves the AI accuracy at the previous setting and keeps the skill at the full level.

-Made divert move work with new player commands, AIs should follow orders better now even while doing stuff.

-Separated man armor and tweaked for more accurate wounding. Almost the same as default values.

-Tweaked wounding to be more accurate, much more wounding.

-Fixed raised rifle death animation looping.

-Fixed body parts staying damaged after bleeding.

-Probably fixed warping errors from dodging and turn moves.

-Fixed dropped secondary weapon RPT error.

-Added restrain captive function. (Removed "remove captives from AO to set off triggers" function as no longer needed since AIs are seen as CIV side now so "kill everyone" triggers will work automatically.)

-Separated AI steering addon.

-Added people's morale to GL3 rating. It's possible to make a single person surrender if they are cornered, but usually they will fight until they are injured then surrender when they are in the enemy's sights while fleeing. On a 1 on 1 scale people seem to fight until about the right time to flee and if they can't hide then they surrender.

-Tweaked air fuel leak to fall faster and possibly positioned better.

-Separated radio giving feature.

-Possibly fixed some bugs in other addons when running without vehicleeffects.

-Checked FOV and made sure all default classes are using the new standardized FOV. Zoomed in FOV slightly according to Col. Faulkner's calculations.

-Fixed missile fix RPT error when running with ACE.

-Made groups faster at reacting in GL3. (No waiting for radio call first, but backup still waits for the call time.)

-Added automatic AI fire mission calling to GL3 using the BIS artillery module. Just set up BIS artillery (AI arty piece, artillery module logic, synchronize them) and AIs will call friendly artillery on known enemy locations when needed.

-Fixed finding cover in buildings.

-Removed "target that," "target that," "target that" speech and pointing.

-Added addon to disable the suicide engage order. SLX_NoAutoEngage

-Made captive captured note a silent hint only for captives that the player captures.

-Removed rocket deviation. (ACE should do it more accurately)

-Tweaked rocket engine smoke and fire.

-Tweaked rifle and MG auto modes for shooting at long range at helicopters.

-Made captured group leader return as leader when escaped (so a lead player can get captured and then escape back to group leader position).

-Tweaked impacts for looks and performance.

-Made first aid action have a one time use in veteran mode and if they can't be healed then they need a medic, and multi use in cadet mode until the person is healed.

-Removed default first aid action.

// go through code for localality

// extra vehicle damage to people: local only and dont do enough to kill, let next shot do it so its attributed

// make createvehicle and setpos to [0,0,x] be in negative coords so other spawns dont overlap and kill created units

// dropped weapon script error somewhere - maybe fixed

// capturing ins mgunner // maybe fixed

// Warning Message: Bad vehicle type

// Error in expression <"; publicVariable "SLX_CaptivesLeader"; SLX_CaptivesLeader stop true; SLX_Captiv>

// Error position: <SLX_CaptivesLeader stop true; SLX_Captiv>

// Error Undefined variable in expression: slx_captivesleader

// Error in expression <[_unit] joinsilent SLX_CaptivesLeader;>

// Error position: <SLX_CaptivesLeader;>

// Error in expression <[_unit] joinsilent SLX_CaptivesLeader;>

// Error position: <SLX_CaptivesLeader;>

// near ally wont do anything once reaching wounded player - maybe fixed

// handle player wounded but all team members are in vehicles

// test swim start stamina reset

// camo tents/covers collapse too easily

// AIs dont use bunkers for cover

// check smoke size on long trails

// t72 destroyed effect

// car tire change

// look into cars spotting things

// check static weapon visibility

// check mg accuracy

-lower damagearound from structure collapse

-test near ally so AIs wait until all enemies are gone from 50 meters

-check canceling BIS healing completely until dragging and enemy check happens

-they still get too far apart to support

-fix all name _unit calls to check for dead

-test AIs with pistols in CQB

-add red dot to m8

-if the enemy crew in a vehicle are not vulnerable then the AI on foot should just run away

-go to launcher anim from back lying to heal

-make impacts better

-make danger.fsm cases for person killed by unseen sniper then go to cover and shot at by far unseen enemy then go to cover

-fix going to cover time

-test helicopter engagement

-test weapon impact sound and make it light metal sound

-test bounding/maneuver wp continuing and effectiveness

-shot at makes them dodge out of cover and fall off buildings still

-debug dodge direction

-too many divert moves, track down all calls

-failed at picking up weapon from a few meters

-failed at picking up weapon after wounded

-bounding wont work for retreat

-long range attacks not working

-too low courage, they stop after only 2 losses and never attack even with numbers advantage

-freeze/crash when 1 sniper shot at 1 chopper and 1 enemy soldier was approaching -infinite call loop replicates freeze, what could be causing that? -was divert move loop

x-make ROE mod - not needed with no auto engage addon

-Addon slx_ai_turnmove (entry SLX_Rsc_Position) not found in the list of active addons. looks fixed

-fix impact vertical velocity

-test wounding damage and in different damage systems: ACE BIS GL4

-fix death animation repeating wtf

x-test mimics - dont work

-separate AI addons

-telling ai to heal someone makes them teleport- with gl4?

-check first aid in mp

-if player is leader of group and surrenders then escapes make player leader again

-check AIs moving somewhere in combat

-make AIs shoot down helicopters effectively

-fix rocket smoke and fire

-make artillery calling

-FOV

-possible crashing with ace+gl4+some addons

-separate backpack radio

-make fuel leak go down more, test ground effect for speed

-fix helicopter convoy movement, give up, not possible? needs to be limited speed.

-fix anim freezes/mess ups, pistol crouch, launcher pull outdown, ace wounding

-car crash wounds

-test wounds again, looking good!

-squad surrender to auto rifleman?

*-got teleported far away when dragging in mp once, possibly fixed

*-lag on burning shot down chopper/vehicle, cant reproduce

-remove backblast

-fix rpg7

-fast turn for rolling with ace

Congratulations on the new 1.98.

Let's have a look and check out what's up in your mind. :)

haveing a problem how do I creat the file to get rid of the error

Amazing, Solus! Thank you!! This is going to be a long night now, haha. Loved the first impressions I had with the latest version! Thanks again! :)

create a txt file. name it SLX and change .txt to .hpp drop it in @SLX folder

esco7800: See here :-)

Solus: I still get two healing options as a medic. However, when I choose to "heal" (not "bandage") an enemy, they are now mostly motionless and lie on the ground (which is good, they attacked me before). The player can not interfere with them anymore from then on. Is this intended?

Well, I'm going to tinker with the modules a bit and will report back! :)

Edited by The.D

Simply name it SLX.hpp instead of SLX.txt

Absolutely amazing work, Solus! I am currently trying to implement your latest SLX version into GL4 / Zeus AI and ACE2 - many of the features now work flawlessly, above all the wounding system and your very extensive vehicle effects.

Is there any way I can decrease the indirect damage spread and amount for small arms such as the M4 / M16 rifles? I receive a considerable amount of damage when a 5.56 round impacts as far as 4-5m away from me. I understand it passively simulates "secondary" damage like shrapnel/splinters being kicked up etc. but the regularity of the effect kind of cancels out the "realism" feeling in my opinion.