Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

2) Make sure NOT to have a semicolon at the end of the modline.

2) Try without any other addons first.

1) CAA1 server is available from default servers (top most bar).

Please tell me if it worked or not.

Kju,

Good job mate... it was the semicolon at the end of the mod line that looks like the problem.... removed and the buildings have appeared again...

still no joy on the default servers list though...I suspect it may be an issue at Yoma's end..

Sorry about the delay in my reply.

What happens is when i go to the 50th file, they all turn red (Apart from 0-50) and say Extracting, then when its finished downloading it, it says Extracting Failed. So I dont get those 50 files.

Kju,

Good job mate... it was the semicolon at the end of the mod line that looks like the problem.... removed and the buildings have appeared again...

still no joy on the default servers list though...I suspect it may be an issue at Yoma's end..

Are you on version 1.0.29?

Just tested, works perfectly fine over here.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Sorry about the delay in my reply.

What happens is when i go to the 50th file, they all turn red (Apart from 0-50) and say Extracting, then when its finished downloading it, it says Extracting Failed. So I dont get those 50 files.

First reply to the question asked: did you upgrade AddonSync2009 to version 1.0.29? If not => do it. If yes : pm me.

You can read in the bugtracker for AddonSync that both V1.0.27 and V1.0.28 had downloading bugs.

Some addons work straight ahead, some need a bit of tweaking, others won't work at all.

Just try some and report back. bds tanks (t55 / m60) work great for example, Mig15bis works with some sound tweaks...

I think there is even a list of working addons somewhere on this forum...

Cheers,

D.

Are you on version 1.0.29?

Just tested, works perfectly fine over here.

Yoma Hello mate, when I go to default servers there is nothing in the list. I have the two TG servers in the favourites and everything works with them fie, but when I try to "get Servers" for the defaul list, I get an error saying "cannot import server table"?

We can take this PM if ya like as it is not related to CAA1..

Any ideas?

cant find the updated version on armaholic(((((((((((((((((((((((((

where place the addons? and does it has to have a specific name????

I downloaded YAS09 and it seems great, but I have a problem trying to get the default servers function to work says "cannot import table" so I cannot update the CAA1 file at the moment.

Also having not had a problem prior to this, I suddenly have an error on porto where certain buildings are no longer showing up. I hope the update may in fact be a fix for this, but for example Hut4 for the south west corner has suddenly gone missing...

Ok so having checked it with jons editor the same issue occurs, the following have gone missing..

ca\buildings\misc\data\zidka01.pac

also

ca\buildings\shop5.p3d

also on Sahrani

the building "Abrezi.p3d" seems to be missing..

I have this exact same problem now. It used to work fine but now some buildings have disappeared..

I'm not sure how i must formulate the modline to be honest. This is my current modline, please advise:

For ARMA2 beta: -nosplash -world=empty -mod=beta;x\caa1 -mod=x\oac\oac_core -mod=@CBA;@drawingDistance;@sakulightfx;@proper;@JTD;@DFS_FPScounter

For ARMA2 vanilla: -mod=x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core;@CBA;@drawingDistance;@sakulightfx;@proper;@DFS_FPScounter

Yoma's latest version follows him around in his sig :)

B

noooo,I need a way to install the new caa1 version without yoma addon sync cos it is my first installation of caa1,not an update

you can download from armedassault.info, its about 2GB but not as update and you will need YAS to update it

you can download from armedassault.info, its about 2GB but not as update and you will need YAS to update it

omg they said yoma as was needed just to update without whole reinstall!!

kju, i've narrowed down my problem with disappearing buildings to the Proper addons. When i start ARMA2 without the Proper mods then CAA1 buildings all apear no problem.

When i add the @Proper again, i get missing buildings.

My guess is it has to do with Buildings_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.

This is what i have in my @Proper folder:

buildings2_Ind_CementWorks_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.pbo

buildings2_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.pbo

buildings_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.pbo

FasterStepOverAnimation_Gameplay_C_PROPER.pbo

FasterStepOverAnimation_Gameplay_C_PROPER.pbo.PROPER.bisign

plants2_Bush_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.pbo

plants2_Clutter_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.pbo

plants2_misc_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.pbo

plants2_Plant_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.pbo

plants2_Tree_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.pbo

Is there something i can do about this?

I downloaded YAS09 and it seems great, but I have a problem trying to get the default servers function to work says "cannot import table" so I cannot update the CAA1 file at the moment.

Also having not had a problem prior to this, I suddenly have an error on porto where certain buildings are no longer showing up. I hope the update may in fact be a fix for this, but for example Hut4 for the south west corner has suddenly gone missing...

Ok so having checked it with jons editor the same issue occurs, the following have gone missing..

ca\buildings\misc\data\zidka01.pac

also

ca\buildings\shop5.p3d

also on Sahrani

the building "Abrezi.p3d" seems to be missing..

I have this exact same problem now. It used to work fine but now some buildings have disappeared..

I'm not sure how i must formulate the modline to be honest. This is my current modline, please advise:

For ARMA2 beta: -nosplash -world=empty -mod=beta;x\caa1 -mod=x\oac\oac_core -mod=@CBA;@drawingDistance;@sakulightfx;@proper;@JTD;@DFS_FPScounter

For ARMA2 vanilla: -mod=x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core;@CBA;@drawingDistance;@sakulightfx;@proper;@DFS_FPScounter

As stated in the PROPER thread, caa1 buildings and the proper tweak conflict obviously.

Just disable the proper tweak. It is only a test addon and not finished.

So remove buildings_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.pbo.

I read through most threads more than once but i must have missed that in the Proper thread. Thanks.

Well its not in the FAQ and almost non one reads FAQs anyway. ;)

I guess the final release of the proper tweak will be based on the caa1 version.

As stated in the PROPER thread, caa1 buildings and the proper tweak conflict obviously.

Just disable the proper tweak. It is only a test addon and not finished.

So remove buildings_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.pbo.

Could this explain the odd thing I encountered last night whilst testing my yet to be released mission?

I had no PROPER mod in server but as player had the vegitation one enabled.

I was trying to take out a tunguska but after the M136 round it took off and drove in nearby forest in which it suddenly vanished (Isla del Vassal)

I followed it but it was just no more there. After awhile the marker changed indicating it destroyed. :j:

Spooky shit....

No. Doesn't sound like related.

The only other issue, unrelated to your report, is other community addons overwriting

caa1 files.

I've been having trouble with the AI pathfinding, and I was wondering if there is a fix to this. I'd really like to play my missions without M113's ramming walls at full speed.

Is it on a1 worlds or also a2 worlds? Only M113?

I noticed that too last time I converted an A1 mission, the AI is no more able to use roads even if it's just one vehicle. They constantly go off the road, return for a few meters and go off again. In my case it was a HMMWV / HMMWV M2

But looks like it happens only on A1 worlds, Utes and Chernarus are not affected.

Not tried pathfinding yet, just downloaded CAA1, great stuff love the new terrain etc never owned Arma went straight to Arma2, loving it, thanks for all the hard work, appreciated