Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

I managed to do it :) I had to put all my mods in Yomas addon synchs "custom arguments". Im glad, and not surprised, that the problem is not with the CAA1.

The program couldnt use my ramdisk modfolders, and if I put only them in the 'custom arguments' and the rest as a normal mod I got that "semicolon problem" no matter what combo I tried.

As this is more Yomas addon synch problem, is there any thread about it? I couldnt find any on this forum nor at dev-heaven.

So if anyone else has a similar problem that is one way to do it.

Now I only have to get that convertwrp prog to work.. Need the roads to work..

Anyway, good work kju, as always :)

edit: I couldnt find any information on dev-heaven how to do if I only want the islands? Im personally not that interested in OAC tbh and want to only have the islands in arma2.

Edited by andersson
one more thing

Thank you!

I managed to get converWrp to work by using an older DePbo.dll.

I also managed to get the roads to work, now I only have to figure out how to setup all necessary files for sara.wrp into my P:

Sounds good. Well according to PBOPREFIX. You need the SAT textures, rvmat and

all objects used by the world.

Yes, but the problem for me is to figure out where to extract all shit and in what folders and so on in the P: A bit annoyed as the info is out there, but as always its a project to find and extract exactly the info one needs.

What also surprise me is that noone has done this before that has more experience than me and a working setup as it is exactly as you told me, unbinarize and binarize again and the roads work.

But Im working on it, need the roads of obvious reasons..

It looks good ingame, but Im getting things like this as errors and in the rpt:

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\sara\data\pisek_detail_nohq.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\sara\data\pisek_detail_co.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\sara\data\trava_detail_nohq.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\sara\data\trava_detail_co.paa.

Looks like its only some textures missing. But where and why I dont know.

edit: it seems that cpbo doesnt do it good enough, missing files after extraction.

Update: I have Sahrani ingame without any errors and working roads. The AI drives on the right side. Something did go wrong in the binarization process though as the map-view doesnt have any buildings or objects (they are there ingame).

Edited by andersson

ExtractPbo -a automatically extracts pbos according to the prefix.

You seem to miss the objects in the right place on P (misc/buildings).

Good to hear that it works!

I can get it ingame, no errors from binarization and nothing in arma2.rpt.

It looks like all buildings and textures are inplace, AI drives on the right side of the road.

BUT I can see no buildings on the map, editor nor ingame map. It also crashes for some reason.

The problems can be because of bad programs (using a mix of Pboview, cpbo and BinPbo. Cant get eliteness to work, no matter what DePbo.dll I use), I might also have a bad setup in P:?

I dont know and for this time Im gonna leave it. Too many variables and right now Im fed up reading all threads and biki trying to figure out basic stuff. Most of it is written for people that already know, and the tuts for beginners are to basic without giving any real explanation.

But whats good about todays effort is that YES, the roads do work if you unbinarize and re-binarize the wrp.

The best would be for anyone with a working setup like tools and P: and the knowledge/routine to do it. I know it will work, its just so frustrating figuring out the rest around the problem so I leave it for now.

Thanks andersson! I will give it a go.

Just a question beforehand:

What files did you use for P:\ - a2 from tools, a2 unpacked or a1 unpacked?

Can you supply me with a test mission to test AI driving. Thanks.

I used :

buildings

buildings2

plants

plants2

roads

roads2

rocks

signs

Both of the roads are from the tools, all the xxx2 are from arma2 and the rest from caa1

Use DePbo.dll v.2.41 for convertwrp.

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/2410/DePbo2.41.rar

Then you should know the rest :)

I test the roads by placing myself as a opfor gunner on a UAZ. Then I tell the driver to go somewhere. If he follows the road its fixed (and you have all buildings on the map and it doesnt crash :P )

Good luck! Much needed fix!!

You were probably missing the configs. I will give it a go the coming days.

If someone wants to test - AI should be able to use roads now:

Rahmadi (21 MB)

Porto (80 MB)

If confirmed and not problems, these will be available via YAS (signed) soon.

Technical info: these are simply unbinarized WRP. For Sahrani this does not work as

it makes the world loading take ~5+ minutes..

So far binarizing Sara with a2 tools made the roads disappear here..

hi guys,

was just trying to port arma warfare missions to arma 2 with oac. following the guide in the wiki I´m still encountering error´s when playing the mission, e.g. when playing warfare schmalfelden in arma 2 it seems the building interface is still the one from arma 1 which is obviously not accessible in arma 2. same for weapons and units purchase interface.

any ideas or links for a detailed guide?

thx

Far easier to port arma2 missions to other worlds, like Warfare BE.

It is basically only to move the zones to other positions.

Wonderful addition. Thank you!

Question - do the SOM and ACM work for others in CAA1? I love the Sahrani cities and maps and created a simple map starting near Porto with the ACM, SOM synced to myself last night. Friendlies and tasks spawned, as well as a passing Osprey, but no OPFOR over three missions that I eventually aborted. Am I doing something improperly?

Thanks in advance for any light shed and apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

Wup

You are welcome Wupjak!

It is not fully understood.

It seems like once needs to add 'location' objects. Either in the WRP/addon or via the

editor. And probably define them in the config.

If people were to research the modules FSM, the community would know. ;)

kju got quest. for you i have problem with OPFOR side they supposed to speak in russian however OPFOR side speaks mosltly in english they only speak russian saying like" reload" stuff like that now to point the cause of that is CAA1 i use arma luncher when i desable caa1 works fine when i enable it wont work is there a way to fix it or delete one of pbo's or something i want CAA1 badly

please help me

Edited by SuperRat

Hey i have a weired problem, i am on a vista right now (instead of my xp), before i installed the caa1 the game ran fin but when i installed it the textures got SUUPER blocky and not even the command -maxmem=2047 helped ): can some one help?

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

here i made a video of my problem http://img682.imageshack.us/i/blockytextures.mp4/ PLZ note i have the commands to fix that but they dont work on the caa1 mod

That my friend is the result of you being on Vista or your graphics card is going and its time to replace it.

@ SuperRat

Send me a simple test mission with repro steps.

I was not able to get the problem so far.

So far everyone ended up saying after a clean install (a2 + caa1),

he no longer had the problem.

@ wizbomb

Looks unrelated. Try without caa1. Try with latest beta and/or -winxp.

Is there any camel for the OPFOR side? I can only find the camel for the BLUFOR side and I really want a fight to the death just involving camels.

the descriotion.ext seems to manage all the menu stuff, particularly for warfare missions there is a difference in code concerning the building menus between arma 1 and arma 2.

can anybody tell which parts in description.ext needs to be changed to have correct menus for arma 2 compared to arma 1? I tried with description.ext from Warfare Benny edition but not succeeded.

thanks!

KJU i have this problem when i install the mod, without it the game runs fine and i dont think -winxp would help seein as im on my vista (:

OH ok i got it to work

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

lol i did not know that simon, what about for people who do have it