Sign in to follow this  
osmo

Would you like to see Vietnam expansion for Arma II?

Would you like to see Vietnam expansion for ArmA II?  

409 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Vietnam expansion for ArmA II?

• Yes
    • No

Please no.

I've seen enough vegetation in Chenarus already.

Agreed.

Unless BIS can use that unlimited detail rendering, then forget the foilage.

Who else thinks that middle US would be a cool place?

Doesnt have to be war torn or anything but the landscape would be perfect I think,

that or totally spit in Codemasters face and do a PLA on Kiska island Expansion and do a campaign thats 100 times longer and better than DR.

that would be cool, kiska island is a great island, could've some more naval vehicles and a base ontop of the Volcano! :D

remember these are just suggestion so dont start flaming anyone.

I would like it, after seeing the jungle from that "pkayauman" map i think it would be a good idea to see some jungle.

Sure the forest is boring... but a jungle.. that's a whole different animal :D

US countryside would be awesome, I've always wanted to see World in Conflict as an FPS instead of a dull RTS :) Plus I think the engine would really shine there.

As for Vietnam, I really doubt it will be possible, especially on a large scale, the number of objects you would need even for light jungle would destroy any computer with a view-distance of over a few km. When making Razoreniya that's a massive wall I ran into. It wasn't so much the thickness of the jungle but the distance at which it rendered those objects. Raz is pretty small but even still, you crank up the VD (I won't even go into object detail) and it crawls to a slide show. 1km of jungle is denser than 10km of temperate woodland, and the FPS follows.

I think middle US is the best option.

Edited by LJF

Now with the new more optimized OA vegetation, could we possible see some Linda vegetation that can be used for jungle? If BIS could make a small tropical island or just a foliage pack the whole vietnam mod-scene would explode. As it seems right now the big problem is to make good vegetation. I know I would start making an island if I got my hand on some good jungle vegetation! I so miss my sebnam missions.

I voted yes, but I would rather have a Korean War expansion/mod

There is a reason why Korean war was called "The Forgotten War"

mmm voted no sorry,i dont have a big interest for vietnam in games.

I would love to see a Vietnam expansion. Other then ArmA & OFP, nothing beats Battlefield Vietnam in my book.

voted no since i prefer modern warfares...