Sign in to follow this  
yakavetta

31st MEU Replacement Reticles and Realistic Ballistics

I'll look into that. What other mods are you using? What kind magazines are you using with the M4A1 SD? Is it just the M4A1 with Holo, or is it any other SD weapons with optics?

Excellent mod! BigDaddy5, did you get my pm? I don't know why the forum pm's work half of the time.

I was just letting you know about the ACOG RCO reticle at Trijicon's website.

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=481&back_row=4&categoryID=3

Also, do you have any plans on making a oval mil dot reticle for the M40A3?

Sorry to go a bit OT, but what's the purpose of man-shaped outline in that recticle? Just seems to clutter it up. Does it serve a purpose? Range-finding?

eh, i could be completley wrong here, but I think thats just an illustration, and isnt actually on the reticles. i.e.: standard.jpg

Sorry to go a bit OT, but what's the purpose of man-shaped outline in that recticle? Just seems to clutter it up. Does it serve a purpose? Range-finding?

representation on that webpage. nothing to do with the actual sight

eh, i could be completley wrong here, but I think thats just an illustration, and isnt actually on the reticles. i.e.: http://www.fototime.com/1EDC1245677D913/standard.jpg
Cheers! That makes sense. Part of the reason I ask is there was a rectile like that (with the man-target outline) released for an OFP M4 addon. I remember thinking it was a bit odd.

I'll look into that. What other mods are you using? What kind magazines are you using with the M4A1 SD? Is it just the M4A1 with Holo, or is it any other SD weapons with optics?

From what I've seen so far, it's only with M4A1 Holo SD, others seem to work fine.

Magazines: 30Rnd. STANAG SD (Default FAC Operator gear, found the bug when playing as an FAC Operator).

Mods: I tested it both without any other mods and with my mods, result is the same, so it's not related the mods I'm using.

But if you still want to see the list of my mods, I better start writing them down :j:

Also, I'm running 1.03.58879 beta patch, but I doubt that makes any difference since (according to the changelog) BI didn't change anything related to weapons.

I'll dig around with that some more. I didn't change anything but the POI of the M4A1, so it may be an while.

Have you tried to play the FAC without this mod and seeing if the bug is recreated? I'm not playing with the beta patch, and neither is anybody in my unit, and we're not able to recreate the bug your seeing. I wonder if it's the beta patch, regardless of changelog.

I have´nt the Betapatch and the same Bug appears.

I dont know if it was mentioned before, when i use the M4A1 Holo (not sd)

the left Hand is in the M203.

besides, good work.

Beta: Silenced

Beta with NWD_ScopeFix loaded: Unsilenced

1.03 Full: Silenced

1.03 Full with NWD_ScopeFix loaded: Unsilenced

Tested with 31st MEU Scout-Sniper Recommended #1 pack, no other mods loaded.

errr.. shouldn't some credits be given to Bohemia Interactive for the tools and games?

Nice jog by the way.

Well here's the thing so far. I've not been able to recreate the bug, but I did spend a lot of time sifting through the config file to figure out what could be causing it. I did identify a few possible bugs, so I changed them. I tested the new configs out and they didn't introduce any new bugs, and they should have fixed the ones that were identified.

@zGuba - Thanks for putting that config together. I had started tweaking the config about a week ago, and for simplicity, I just finished it up. I compared the two, though, and they were almost the same. I did identify another G36 dependency issue, although it wasn't critical. I updated the readme to include that bug, though. Thanks for the work!

Now...I didn't just do bug fixes in this release. I added two more packs, an oval-shaped USMC-style Mil Dot, and another recommended pack. I included them in this update. The oval's are pretty well calibrated to .25moa along the long axis, but it's not perfect. The 4th recommended pack now includes USMC mil-dots for the M40/M24 rifles.

arma22009090416093518.th.png

I edited the original download links to reflect this change. I've removed the armaholic links for now, until it gets updated.

Enjoy!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1wqzl9

@zGuba - Thanks for putting that config together. I had started tweaking the config about a week ago, and for simplicity, I just finished it up. I compared the two, though, and they were almost the same. I did identify another G36 dependency issue, although it wasn't critical. I updated the readme to include that bug, though. Thanks for the work!

There's another bug with dependencies in CfgAmmo class, 9mm bullets config is broken. Check my config please :)

Tried out v1.3 and I think I've found a problem. I was using the M4A1/M203 ACOG and during day time, the smal portion of the reticle was still glowing. It's only suppose to glow at night. Thought I'd let you know.

@zGuba - I'll tinker around with the config some more and see what else needs to be adjusted

@GD Mast - Unfortunately, it's going to have to stay like that. The .p3d is what controls when the reticle gets illuminated, and I haven't been able to get in touch with NonWonderDog to get the the mlod's. The current models worked well in Armed Assault, but they do not properly work in ArmA2.

In fact, when I was originally porting this over, the Mk12 reticle was illuminated. But it was illuminated in reverse, meaning it was red during the day, and black at night. So I just made the reticle all black and removed the illumination.

The ACOG, though, stayed illuminated during both daylight and night time hours. I found this to be acceptable.

I hope I can get the mlod's so I can go in and actually change that, but I wouldn't hold your breath. I contacted NWD prior to the initial 1.0 port, and I didn't hear anything from him.

This is execellent addon. I used your reticles from ArmA 1, is very realistic and useful, and have one suggestion.

If you download and try Invasion 1944 for ArmA 1, you can look reticles for tanks, and you can see this reticles work same of reality.

You know the problem of ArmA 1 and 2 is when you use zoom, image is magnificated, but marks not, and shoot calculations stops works. In i44 mod for ArmA 1, when you zooming, marks zooming, same of real optics.

8Prvr9cwNSc

You can see real zooming here.

HdFE-AlPWpI

I think i44 mod use 3D reticles for simulate this, and this add fuctional optics. My suggest is include this feature in your amazing 31st MEU reticles for add more realistic.

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks.

P.D: Have one question, i know this addon for ArmA 1 have NWD ballistics, but this addon for ArmA 2 use the modificated ballistics of NWD or use default ballistics of ArmA 2?, thanks.

Edited by Legolasindar

Any progress on fixing the config errors? Cheers.

My range calculations are not as reliable as I want them....what length are the men/soldiers generally in ArmA? I enter them as 1.83m. (1.83 x 1000 / Mills)

Btw. Bipod/prone "sway" should be lower in ArmA...range estimation is hard as hell sometimes.

If you download and try Invasion 1944 for ArmA 1, you can look reticles for tanks, and you can see this reticles work same of reality.

You know the problem of ArmA 1 and 2 is when you use zoom, image is magnificated, but marks not, and shoot calculations stops works. In i44 mod for ArmA 1, when you zooming, marks zooming, same of real optics.

P.D: Have one question, i know this addon for ArmA 1 have NWD ballistics, but this addon for ArmA 2 use the modificated ballistics of NWD or use default ballistics of ArmA 2?, thanks.

1) I like the way I1944 did that. I'll probably see how they did it, and may include this in future updates.

2) This addon does include the NWD ballistics for ArmA 1, although I tweaked them a little for ArmA 2, including adding several of the new rifles.

@RUKH - I typically just use 1.8m for each soldier, and I get pretty darn accurate results. I created a map and placed targets at 100m increments for each range card. It may not be 100% accurate out to farther ranges, but out to about 700-800, those cards should be pretty darn close.

@kju - what error are you receiving? Are you using the latest version?

Ref zGuba's note:

There's another bug with dependencies in CfgAmmo class, 9mm bullets config is broken. Check my config please