Sign in to follow this  
Fortran

F-117A NightHawk - Alpha Released

Issue No. 10: flickering boot bios screens.

This is caused by the texture loading time. A workaround would be to create several really small square planes (size 0.00001x0.00001) in the middle of the plane (and there invisible), each textured with one of the boot screens texture. This way, the textures are already loaded and flickering will not occur.

I played around with this thing for myself for awhile and found interlocking the Door Open with Missile fixed that.

Also played around with Chute and got it to work on landing repeatedly, think it was a simple script change/error.

Actually replaced the DLIR stuff and camera issue with Mando Missile Console and camera and it worked pretty good. Also interlocked Mando Missile Console so could not be activated unless Missile Doors Open.

There was also a issue with Altitude and the Eyebrow alarms not acting right which was an easy fix, think it was reversed or something if i remember right but could tell how that code was suppose to affect use.

Guess what I am saying is this Plane is awesome and almost there I am just not smart enough to help but with you guys on it maybe this would give Fortran enough help to get it finished.

Hope this helps with ideas.

My 2 cents on each;

01: GBU-27's can currently be fired with the weapon bay closed.

---Tough, but do-able. I'd rank low priority

02: GBU-27's do not fall from lowered proxy position (weapon cradle down).

---Tougher, I'd rank low priority

03: DLIR Sensor script can only be executed once per session.

---Should be easy.

04: Textures are VERY VERY WIP, no shaders, no normal/spec maps, just a simple diffuse.

---Shouldn't be too hard as its mostly black ;) Theres some Super people here who could dramaticly improve and sometime offer help for free. eddyD comes to mind. I can get a basic nohq and spec map working.

05: When taking off, if the execution of the takeoff is not perfect the brake chute might deploy.

---Tricky but I think I know a work-around.

06: It is not known at this time if the scripts associated with the F-117A will work in MP.

---Need more info from Users (might be scattered through thread ? )

07: The F-117A currently uses the A-10 soundset.

--- Easy to change, just need a nice base sound.

08: GBU-27's can still be fired outside of the DLIR script system, however this may cause damage to the plane.

--- Not sure details.

09: Illuminated cockpit textures (used for day & night) appear a little too bright during daytime.

--- Not sure details.

10: Loading BOOT BIOS screens may flicker when loading for the first time per session.

Myke's soultion seems easy'ish.

11: BETA Gauge (H-AOA) does not currently display H-AOA date but rather rudder data.

---Not sure H-AOA actually exists in ArmA2 engine. Low Priority.

12: Currently only one waypoint may be created on the map using the waypointing system.

---Unknown

13: Pilot actions can be performed outside of the plane (ie opening the weapon bay or using the DLIR sensor)

---Easy to fix. In UserAction - condition="Alive(this) AND (player in this)";

14: Currently only 1 LOD, no shadow LOD and no wreck model.

---Nearly easy, just a little time consuming. I'll help if needed. I'd suggest for the resolution LOD, just make 1 or 2 more, which are just trimmed versions of the first LOD. Saves a LOT of time and work pretty well.

Gnat;1652774']My 2 cents on each;

01: GBU-27's can currently be fired with the weapon bay closed.

---Tough' date=' but do-able. I'd rank low priority

02: GBU-27's do not fall from lowered proxy position (weapon cradle down).

---Tougher, I'd rank low priority

03: DLIR Sensor script can only be executed once per session.

---Should be easy.

04: Textures are VERY VERY WIP, no shaders, no normal/spec maps, just a simple diffuse.

---Shouldn't be too hard as its mostly black ;) Theres some Super people here who could dramaticly improve and sometime offer help for free. eddyD comes to mind. I can get a basic nohq and spec map working.

05: When taking off, if the execution of the takeoff is not perfect the brake chute might deploy.

---Tricky but I think I know a work-around.

06: It is not known at this time if the scripts associated with the F-117A will work in MP.

---Need more info from Users (might be scattered through thread ? )

07: The F-117A currently uses the A-10 soundset.

--- Easy to change, just need a nice base sound.

08: GBU-27's can still be fired outside of the DLIR script system, however this may cause damage to the plane.

--- Not sure details.

09: Illuminated cockpit textures (used for day & night) appear a little too bright during daytime.

--- Not sure details.

10: Loading BOOT BIOS screens may flicker when loading for the first time per session.

Myke's soultion seems easy'ish.

11: BETA Gauge (H-AOA) does not currently display H-AOA date but rather rudder data.

---Not sure H-AOA actually exists in ArmA2 engine. Low Priority.

12: Currently only one waypoint may be created on the map using the waypointing system.

---Unknown

13: Pilot actions can be performed outside of the plane (ie opening the weapon bay or using the DLIR sensor)

---Easy to fix. In UserAction - condition="Alive(this) AND (player in this)";

14: Currently only 1 LOD, no shadow LOD and no wreck model.

---Nearly easy, just a little time consuming. I'll help if needed. I'd suggest for the resolution LOD, just make 1 or 2 more, which are just trimmed versions of the first LOD. Saves a LOT of time and work pretty well.[/quote']

Woah fantastic mate! Thanks for taking the time to have a look through those and thanks for the suggestions, when I get a moment to sort through this and get back to finishing it I will be in-touch for some of those other fixes you might have ideas for. Thanks a lot Gnat really appreciate it!!

Issue No. 10: flickering boot bios screens.

This is caused by the texture loading time. A workaround would be to create several really small square planes (size 0.00001x0.00001) in the middle of the plane (and there invisible), each textured with one of the boot screens texture. This way, the textures are already loaded and flickering will not occur.

That is a really good idea! Never thought of that, thanks Myke, guess that would fix it very simply. Will bury them somewhere inside the main fuselage of the model. Great solution mate, thank you!

I was just messing around with the F-117A in the editor and in my opinion this addon has a ton of potential. Great work so far, once the DLIR and weapons bay bugs are worked out it will be near-perfect.

I somehow can't find the F117A in the editor. The addon should be correctly installed (it shows up under expansions). This is maybe a stupid question but where can I find it?^^

I keep getting this error "cannot load texture f117a_test\default2.paa" any suggestions?

Just seen this here after a long time. This addon was great. Has it been updated at all? Hope to see it finished!

it hasn't been updated since release and the author hasn't had much time it seems to work on it since then

i remember having played that Simulator thing, from microprose?? cant remember

If it was on my Commodore game thing or my Amiga...

F-117 StealthFighter

Was fun...want this also in my collection....

Nice one.....

Yeah. F-117A and F-19 were fun games. It's a shame you can't replicate the stealth gameplay in ArmA 2. That game was fun even if the flight model was a little wonky (like flying knife edge would cause a stall where the nose shoots downwards).

It should get in ArmA 2 definitly!! U got the Power Max about the F-19 forgot that one :)

Then the Radar thing, Bomb Bay's close wheels up...? no turns that shows ur brite side!

No Radar Echo, simple, Bomb Bay open?? Bleep Radar Echo..

Wheeles out, visual on radar, ehmmmm, make sharp turns bleep, u show on radar

If you walk the line like that, u are invisible, ON RADAR!, planes will have to make visual contact first before being able to shoot it down..... Rules of engagement :)

Also implement a Friend or Foe System..? just a question to disable the Air Radar in parameters, that does not mean the vehicles radar wil not catch you heheheheh!!!

But at least the planes will have to make visual or get feedback from the ground :)

Well, lotsa things folks can do :) and we can! get your heads together

Get out off that Duality thinking, work together, play together and the Arma Comunity will kick butt on the Top of the List!!! it wil be l'only @ the top......

From My side Respect for the people that made all the maps Mods replacements and all that comes lookin around the corner...yip even square eye sight's from lookin all nite long at that Editting screen...No more beer in fridge and no more snacks...

And even forgot to let the dog out with all the consequences ROFL !!!

Now back to the Edit field's for ArmA 2

Thanks to Gunter for the fast Brainwash therapy on handling the editor..

I go the basic, now the scritting part and all that, and i might join the Party with some nice things :)

PS: Thanks BIS for this kick butt game....!!!!

Another great but stopped addons!

And for that zero information post you must dig out a 3 months old thread?

Spamming the forums with nonsense to get your postcount up, might result in your postcount being reduced instead.

Fortran

if you ever want to update your thread, you know where to find the keys.