Sign in to follow this  
-Sof-Jacksonfive

1.03 Performance

Has 1.03 Improved your performance  

514 members have voted

1. 1. Has 1.03 Improved your performance

• Yes, i notice improved performance
    • No, there is no visable difference
    • 1.03 has actually hurt my system performance!

The ESRB notice has been in there since ArmA1 retail AFAIK, dunno about OFP.

Running on High settings on my mediocre system (low end tbh) - and its playable even with 1.02. FPS have increased marginally - tho FPS was never really an issue for me as i dont need uber fps to have fun, noticed tree shadows stretching across the ground according to direction of sun (is this new?) - and shadows much softer, also noticed a faint mist billowing across the landscape in dogs of war (pretty). Definatly smoother in cities - but I do get stutters every now and then - not game killing but annoying (maybe hardware settings too high on my end - whistles...). Dogs of war still very buggy - mainly the cut scene bits - it seems to take time but they do kick in. Oh and last note on 1.03 - (maybe its my mods im running map,vop sound etc) but my MI 24 went down with Red team on board - it took about 5 minutes to get through the laaaag for them to finish reporting they were dead..(Maybe a mod problem havent tried w/o yet). Overall Good Job on patch and im a happy bunny (granted a bunny of the armoured sort - but happy none the less).

AMD 5000 Dual Core

2 Gb DDR 2 (800Mhz)

9500GT

and a board with mothers on..

The new patch has improved my frames 1-3 FPS according to ArmaMark. The overall smooth feel is better with less stuttering. I believe I can actually play the game on Very High/High settings with no AA.

AA in this game seems to hit performance pretty bad so I keep it off and everything seems to run smooth. Also I do not use High or VeryHigh Object detail as there isnt enough difference to justify the performance loss.

If there is stuttering issues just move the Arma directory and files close to the MFT on the hard drive and defrag using consolidation using Ultimate Defrag. This helped my stuttering a lot. Do not look for FPS boost with this.

Phenom x4 955 BE @3.8

HD4890

I've lost about 2 fps under Windows 7 64 bit, but not complaining. Haven't tried under XP but considering that under both XP and Vista I get smooth performance on old hardware, I don't expect to get any change.

What's really worse is that I had every 30 seconds (+/-) a still frame, stuttering.

Xeno

+1

Mine is on average about every minute though

Was running a dedicated server,fraps and the game...Thought it might of been that...

But went into the editor on the smaller world with nothing else...And still was getting that frame freeze.

Just because of that I prefer the performance of 1.02

System specs:-

AMD phenom 9950 clocked to 2.99ghz

4gb ram

Asus m3a79-t deluxe

ATI HD4870 toxic (Cat driver 9.7)

Vista 64bit

1.02 was running flawlessly for me really performance wise

Seconded, got the same error in warfare. Performance seems identical, though the AI difference is definitely noticeable (big step forward, IMHO).

And unlike other users, my steam update went fine: downloaded the patch quickly, and it was all gravy. My word of advice is always let steam do what it wants to do and don't try and interupt or cancel it, as weird stuff tends to happen. Also, I always verify game cache after download and before I play.

I just got this message, both on custom missions MP and the COOP Campaign. Weird thing is, I'm still able to load the game. SOMETIMES it crashes to desktop when I load, but it works on teh second try.

1.03 has definitely improved the frame rate for me. Whilst only marginally, it is enough for the game to be upgraded from a "only playable because I'm a diehard fanatic"-status to something more in the lines of "almost barely playable" on my ol' and trusty rig.

My frame rate seemed to be 2fps higher, also a little less stuttering where stutter was minor or rare before

performance is greatly improve, in fast speed traveling over landscape.

no more freeze, only "stuttering" . it's a big plus

I noticed the Su-34 now has sound when i'm in the cockpit...yay

I didn't see it on the log of fixes, just thought id'e point it out

Edited by vasmkd

Ever since I patched I've been getting a lot more frequent stuttering. Then after a little while big jagged areas of the screen start flashing white - whole strips of texture change to white and back again while it lurches and shudders some more - finally it'll lock completely and then crash...

Everything was fine (well - apart from all the obvious other stuff from popping textures to frozen civvies, inexplicable lags, etc ) - in 1.02...

Nothing else has changed - I was playing for an hour or two - came to the forums and noticed the patch - installed it without problems and haven't been able to keep the game running for more than about 10 or 15 minutes since... not even in a mission - just driving around the island...

Something serious has changed, and not for the better,:(

Fortunately I hadn't patched my little toy dedi server (there didn't seem much point), so I think I'll be pulling the contents of its arma folder back over and reverting to 1.02 for now...

EDIT* it seems Im not alone, theres 2 posts in this thread reporting what sounds like the exact same problem as me!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82815

Edited by DDLeBonn

Very positive update for me on my ATI 4890 (9.7catalyst).

Spawned in Chernogorsk and rapidly turned all around while zooming in and out. Textures loading faster if not instantly.

For what it's worth.

can't install 1.03 yet as waiting for server files...

Please somebody tell me that Hummvee TOWs now work properly, (i.e. they don't fly straight into the ground).

Spawned in Chernogorsk and rapidly turned all around while zooming in and out. Textures loading faster if not instantly.

For what it's worth.

Would you please be so kind and verify this with Fraps (incl. FPS) for us ? Exactly as described above please.

Sorry, but I can't believe this.

Thank you !

After reading this thread, I have a feeling BI are going to have some difficulty fixing issues with one half of people saying how amazing the new patch has been and their computers are running loads better then the other half saying how terrible it has been for them... Goodluck trying to work this one out BI lol

Most issues seem to be fixed by people installing Windows 7, but that said, I don't think it's Windows 7 that fixes it but more just doing a fresh OS install. Unfortunately that doesn't help us figure out what's causing the problem, but it does give many people a solution, albeit an annoying one.

I'm getting really bad sound corruption with this patch, mainly weapon gunfire. Anyone else getting this or have any suggestions. With 1.02 I could run at reasonable frames with most setting very high.

I can confirm too that there's no improvement at all. Though i'm not disappointed because there never was supposed to be a performance fixes in 1.03.
Well, actually, this patch was supposed to make better performance according to one of the developers I PMed with....but probably they changed their minds....:( Edited by Pauliesss

Well its fixed one problem I had...And just created an annoying one for me...Before it stuttered around the north east side of the map (Have a feeling its all those rocks in 1 place just south east of the north east airfield)

and has fixed stutter on map edges...Apart from that used to max out refresh rates anywhere on the map

Now thats sort of gone...I sort of, now have come across this big issue of having 1 big freeze every now and then any where I go...Defragging with UltimateDefrag to see if it helps abit...Will report back

Aww.. Still no pistol holster. :butbut:

And the patch did not do much to improve, but atleast they are patching!

Flying a F35 at high speed, especially over the infinite land is much smoother, that's about the only performance increase I noticed so far.

So I'd say yes but marginally. At least it didn't make it worse and I can finish the campaign...

whoever voted the third option from top, tell us how and why?

I voted for the 3rd option because, as I have stated in several other threads, all the serious graphical bugs are still there PLUS some new ones (squad members becoming TOTALLY invisible, car windows in cars are all BLACK and only after few seconds become translucent...and FPS dropped.

More stuttering than before now .... have completely defragged the hard drive.

Everything else stayed the same