Sign in to follow this  
ybbor

Any news from b.i.???

There is one guy thats been a member here for many years, and he is a great addon maker. He complained A LOT that ArmA1 had all these horrible issues, yet recently updating his pc drivers and DX9 cured them all.

His problems of CTD after 30 mins sound familiar?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1287599&postcount=396

Oooooowww, you have found the magical solution!!! How is it possible that nobody tried that before??? Never thought about drivers.

And because Bigbear has no problems (so he says), nobody has problems. Great thinking.

Man, I love the people defending the broken game, saying there is nothing wrong with it and that we are exceptions and it is due to our hardware. But never did they post a possible solution for any issues. I love these guys. They are a real asset to this TROUBLESHOOTING forum.

ArmA II never crashed on me or froze on me. But i remember from ArmA the game used to crash/freeze a lot, i changed my PSU and never had a crash/freeze after. It seems to me from reading those forums that people with high end computers are having more problems than people with decent computers. If you have a high end GPU make sure you installed a sufficient PSU for it.

ArmA II never crashed on me or froze on me. But i remember from ArmA the game used to crash/freeze a lot, i changed my PSU and never had a crash/freeze after. It seems to me from reading those forums that people with high end computers are having more problems than people with decent computers. If you have a high end GPU make sure you installed a sufficient PSU for it.

Good call.

Users with a high posting counter could as well be considered fanboys... I had a look at that community issue tracker. There are close to 500 (!) reports. You can't tell me, that a game with almost 500 unique reported issues 'runs fine for the majority'.

lol, I think the fanboy group would allow me to join them. :) hehee

Here we go again.

In a while this thread will escalate and then be closed.

Aren't you all tired? We all know there are people with problems and others who don't (probably the majority in which I'm fortunately to be included).

Thx Placebo for the Info.

I have a GTX260 and a 1kw PSU... Still have problems

this is NOT another "hey, i got a problem" kind of thread...so i don't understand why some of you are posting here anyways...

This is about new about a new patch. If you wanna keep on bitching about poor performances on your computers, there are so many other threads for that...

Here we go again.

In a while this thread will escalate and then be closed.

Aren't you all tired? We all know there are people with problems and others who don't (probably the majority in which I'm fortunately to be included).

Thx Placebo for the Info.

no one is negating the fact that many people have problems but we're simply implying that check your hardware if it runs fine on my machine and others then there must be something wrong on your machine.

your catalyst drive is old for example, the new one is 9.7, try upgrading to windows 7, double check direct x version, go to ASUS website and make sure you have the newest drivers for your motherboard.

no one is negating the fact that many people have problems but we're simply implying that check your hardware if it runs fine on my machine and others then there must be something wrong on your machine.

your catalyst drive is old for example, the new one is 9.7, try upgrading to windows 7, double check direct x version, go to ASUS website and make sure you have the newest drivers for your motherboard.

You should have read more carefully my post. I don't have any major problem. :)

As for the catalyst version thanks for the warning but I've already changed not on my sig though.

Anyway this thread is not about problems but about the patch status only, AFAIK.

lol, I think the fanboy group would allow me to join them. :) hehee

Indeed. :D But you might have to edit some of your posts. ;)

FFS ybbor - do you NOT learn. The patch will be ready WHEN it's ready.

LOCK THIS and hit people with the banhammer !

funny that paying unsatisfied customers expect more communication than a 'its done when its done' approach.

That's the point. I'm a customer that's not satisfied with the product. Thus I'ld like to know what BIS is doing about that and until when. I think it stands to reason, that I request more detailed information.

That's the point. I'm a customer that's not satisfied with the product. Thus I'ld like to know what BIS is doing about that and until when. I think it stands to reason, that I request more detailed information.

They have told us soooo many times they are working on a patch, they released notes pertaining to that patch, they tell us every few days they are still working on patch. And even after it is released I'm sure they will start work on another patch.

Do you think they just sold some games, packed their bags, and ran away never to be seen again?

What do you really want to hear? Please enlighten me with your idea of detailed information, word for word, what you would like to hear that will make you happy enough to quit asking.

I wouldn't make it 5 minutes as a moderator here... I'm sorry if I'm out of line with my responses to this nonsense today.

FFS ybbor - do you NOT learn. The patch will be ready WHEN it's ready.

LOCK THIS and hit people with the banhammer !

A tad extremist eh?

I've been waiting to buy the game until I see a patch or two thats going to address major gameplay/performance issues. Until then, they're not getting a dime from me for ARMA 2.

Since I have no word on it, I've been checking the forums less and less frequently, and eventually I'll probably stop caring and checking, and not buy the game.

Excellent way to lose potential sales and customers!

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

They have told us soooo many times they are working on a patch, they released notes pertaining to that patch, they tell us every few days they are still working on patch. And even after it is released I'm sure they will start work on another patch.

Do you think they just sold some games, packed their bags, and ran away never to be seen again?

What do you really want to hear? Please enlighten me with your idea of detailed information, word for word, what you would like to hear that will make you happy enough to quit asking.

I wouldn't make it 5 minutes as a moderator here... I'm sorry if I'm out of line with my responses to this nonsense today.

Detailed information like:

"We are working on this:

<stuff>

and this <stuff>

Also we have been investigating the issues the community has reported with regard to <stuff>.

We don't have any details, but this is currently what we are working on"

Just an indication of WHAT is being addressed, not a pre-patch changelog containing specifics.

The patch will be released as soon as it is ready and will include a fix or two .... well maybe 3, possibly 4, then again it might be more.

All you need to know is ... a patch is being worked on and will be released when it is ready, it won't be released if it isn't ready, sounds reasonable to me.

Planck

The patch will be released as soon as it is ready and will include a fix or two .... well maybe 3, possibly 4, then again it might be more.

All you need to know is ... a patch is being worked on and will be released when it is ready, it won't be released if it isn't ready, sounds reasonable to me.

Planck

This works for me...I'd appreciate a bit more detail, however.

A post stating you're working on it satisfies me still :)

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

This is pleasing! I'll almost certainly purchase the game after this patch then!

Planck

Yes it is. And that's all I asked for. A rough estimation, when we can expect the next patch... Though, some kind of sticky thread, updated on a regular basis (twice a week?) giving some more information, would be perfect.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

So why can't this information be posted here? I don't understand this.

Yes it is. And that's all I asked for. A rough estimation, when we can expect the next patch... Though, some kind of sticky thread, updated on a regular basis (twice a week?) giving some more information, would be perfect.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

So why can't this information be posted here? I don't understand this.

Even if its only updated saying something like:

"Still working on it..."

There does need to be a sticky .... If you post a 'when will the patch be released' or 'are you still working on a patch' thread you get an instant ban.

Would cut out most of the drivel we get in these forums.

@Mosh ... you aint out of line in my books !