Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC Chernarus campaign

PMC Chernarus cmp v0.1

This is first ever user made campaign for ArmA 2 called PMC Chernarus cmp. Player takes the role of Marine Force Recon team leader. Missions vary from HALO jump, reconnaissance to direct action mission to support other friendly units.

Read online manual: here.

This campaign is work in progress, with more missions to come, its not complete at the moment. There is enough cutscenes and missions to make this an average sized campaign regarding OFP/ArmA standards. There is no character spoken storyline, the campaign flow itself is the storyline here.

Visit PMC Tactical and PMC Tactical forums as well as PMC Editing Wiki which contains tutorials how to edit OFP, ArmA, ArmA 2 and Falcon 4.

Download PMC_Chernarus_cmp_v0.1.rar - 21kb.

Mirror 1: Armaholic.com

Mirror 2: Armedassault.info

All mirrors are very much appreciated, thank you.

Edited by Snake Man

Where do you put the campaign? Since in ArmA 2 the folder got removed, and creating one does not work...

Could you make one for russian or "resistance" side for a change?

Make new folder called campaigns in the Arma2 root folder and put the cmp file there.

Like Arma2/campaigns/*.pbo

Now it should be visible in the campaign selection screen.

Just made it to the assault part of the mission. Damn i got slaughtered at first try. :)

Edited by Potatomasher

Where do you put the campaign? Since in ArmA 2 the folder got removed
Ah good point, didn't notice to write this on the manual, its fixed now.

Sorry about the oversight.

Could you make one for russian or "resistance" side for a change?
I made scumbag terrorist mission, but so far I have no pure resistance campaign planned.

I'd want to do high command mission where you command CDF or NAPA guys, but you as commender would be ... MFR team leader, again.

Heh.

Anyways, if you have any great ideas for "resistance" type campaign, feel free to share and who knows what might happen, maybe I'll do it, maybe someone else does it, we never know.

Damn i got slaughtered at first try.
You can adjust the AI skills from the Options. That should help if you turn down the skills from there, try it out and let me know how it runs.

As with PMC First Fight, this campaign was also designed and playtested with my own HD dispersion config, its just how I like to play ArmA/ArmA 2... maybe if there is enough requests I can release this config like I did with the ArmA one too. In the mean time you can grab the (Thunderbirds?) config to tweak AI precision, it should work nicely as well.

Edited by W0lle

Notes for the first mission tell me that I should arm my team for long deployment.

But I can't find a way to change my gear. Is there some place on the carrier where I can pick new weapons?

You can adjust the AI skills from the Options. That should help if you turn down the skills from there, try it out and let me know how it runs.

I tried lowering the enemy skill to novice and friendly to expert, but it didn't help a lot. The problem is the game and how the AI is programmed.

There are couple of armored targets in the airfield that needs to be taken care of, but all my friendly troops use the rpg:s to infantry. :eek:

Me and my men were butchered like pigs in there second time. :(

Maybe after the 1.03 patch this mission will play better if BIS adress the bugs in the game.

Edited by Potatomasher

I can't find a way to change my gear. Is there some place on the carrier where I can pick new weapons?

Its bit work in progress that part, there is something strange going on as I cant get the weaponpool saved from the first mission. I'll try to work on it.

I'm afraid in this v0.1 version you are limited to the default loadout.

I tried lowering the enemy skill to novice and friendly to expert, but it didn't help a lot. The problem is the game and how the AI is programmed.

Okay I'll look into it, I'm not that familiar with the skill setup in options, it looked like a good way earlier.

There are couple of armored targets in the airfield that needs to be taken care of, but all my friendly troops use the rpg:s to infantry. Maybe after the 1.03 patch this mission will play better if BIS adress the bugs in the game.

Thats not the answer, the mission needs to be balanced nicely at this early in the campaign, we don't want frustrate player with insane mission right at the get-go.

Any suggestions how to ease the mission, so it feels balanced and realistic to the scenario?

Anyways, if you have any great ideas for "resistance" type campaign, feel free to share and who knows what might happen

Well,i'm not good at planning these things,but what about something like ofp resistance campaign with some differences like enemy being US and resistance seeking help from russians at later stages?

Any suggestions how to ease the mission, so it feels balanced and realistic to the scenario?

How about giving the player ability to call fire support one or couple of times. Mortar team or direct missile attack from jets in the air. That way it would be much easier and realistic at the same time.

If it's becoming too easy after that you could lower the amount of friendly troops or place a trigger that sends more enemy infantry reinforcements after a while.

Or add a mission before actual assault where you sabotage the armored vehicles in the night with satchels.

Though i would prefer the first fire support scenario because of the fun of it and we have had enough sabotage mission before in OFP, Arma. :)

Update !

Now i tried different LZ. Before i was in NW side of the airfield and now i was E side and everything went really smoothly. No big losses and my AI soldiers didn't do any suicidal runs. They even used the M136 to BMP and not soldiers. ;)

Guess it's important where you start your assault. The BMP2 was attacking us in open ground so my dumb AI soldiers see it better and therefore destroyed it.

Even though every chopper managed to bring troops to ground i was slaughtered 2 times when i tried W & NW LZ zones.

Edited by Potatomasher

Played a bit and found it pretty nice so far, the only thing that put me off a bit again is the usual baby eating russians aproach, for example when in the intro you read about how the Chedaki mass murder countless people each day and then about how Russia supports them.

I have my doubt that todays russia could allow supporting mass murdering rebel armies.

For me a real good russian campaign that tells the story from a grunts perspective would be awesome.

Resistance one is also nice but i think "The Cause2" will already fill this gap.

Thanks, will try it tomorrow. I always enjoyed your campaigns, especially the one for OFP with 200+ missions (I think) :D

I always enjoyed your campaigns, especially the one for OFP with 200+ missions (I think) :D

Same :)

Does the campaign end after mission 5 where you recon the Dam & Airfield ?

After succesfully completing that recon mission the game loaded the ending outro and campaign ended. I was a bit surprised about fast sudden end.

I understand that this campaign is still WIP, but i ask just in case. ;)

Edited by Potatomasher

How about giving the player ability to call fire support one or couple of times. Mortar team or direct missile attack from jets in the air.

Yeah I guess Harrier airstrike, or simulated tomahawk strike might be suitable there to knock out (most of) the vehicles.

Is this a single player campaign?

The MFR team slots are playable in MP, however the first mission is a "hack" right now because the mission would not work otherwise for AI. So either it would be non working AI or MP only, so I chose to do hack so AI is working but in MP this is... sort of not working.

Other missions than first one, well yes I think they are playable with 6 players. I have not tried yet so I cant advertise it as MP compatible.

I always enjoyed your campaigns, especially the one for OFP with 200+ missions

Too bad there is not enough terrains from BIS at the moment to create such campaign again, there is just no way you could crank that many missions on 15km x 15km terrain like Chernarus ;)

Does the campaign end after mission 5 where you recon the Dam & Airfield ?

Yes.

I was a bit surprised about fast sudden end.

Yes, thats why I made it clear on the first post that this is WIP.

I guess I should have put on a minute of soap opera and explain the details of why I released this as is... but in a nutshell I can say that either I would release this now as is, or there might be months delay before I got around to this. Thats the short story.

And like I said semi sarcastically on the first post, this campaign now is your average sized OFP/ArmA user made campaign. However to me, this is just the warmup, this is the start... I am going to do more missions, but how many, when and what sort... thats all up to how it all ends up. I wont make the same mistake as with PMC First Fight to promise something I didn't want to deliver lateron hehe.

I can promise that more work will be going for this campaign in the (near) future.

Uhm how do you suposse we kill the whole airfield with only six men? In the mission description you say it's recon but if you scan everything nothing happens and if you attack them the APC will make short work of you..

Same here, nothing happens...

Take an airfield guarded like that it's completely unrealistic :rolleyes:

Uhm how do you suposse we kill the whole airfield with only six men? In the mission description you say it's recon but if you scan everything nothing happens and if you attack them the APC will make short work of you..

I am fairly sure you are supposed to scan everything and then just move to the point on the map. I haven't beaten the level yet, only because thats a really long walk and I am not exactly the stealthy type, but I think you just have to get to the point marked on the map. We are talking about the 1st level right?

I had fun at the beginning, due to me hitting the wrong button when I tried to open my chute, I didn't deploy it until I was 1 meter off the ground... yet I still lived.

Uhm how do you suposse we kill the whole airfield with only six men? In the mission description you say it's recon but if you scan everything nothing happens

You are not suppose to kill whole airfield with six men. Read the briefing. If you are detected and engaged (and killed), then try again as you arent playing as good as the mission requires (stealth).

Take an airfield guarded like that it's completely unrealistic

... what I just said above.

BTW why do people post so much spoilers in this topic? Careful reader can know now pretty much the whole concept of the campaign so far by just quick glance to this topic. I'd appreciate if there wouldn't be so detailed descriptions of the missions. Sure I understand if you try to explain what part something happens that you need to address, but please use the Spoiler tag found in the forum or be very vague otherwise to not spoil the fun for others whom have not played the campaign yet.

Thanks.

Ive just had the best hours SP gaming i have had in a long time playing the first mission of this campaign, unfortunately it was fruitless, i lost my cool and got my team killed.

Inching my way towards the objective, splitting my team in two allowed me to see some truly brilliant move/cover ai behaviour.

It seems, as always with your campaigns from fury to today, i will be able to count on this one for an as immersive experience as i could wish for.

MANY thanks for your hard work.

is there a way to play this campaign co-op?

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Hmm, I started the campaign on the carrier. The briefing told me to arm myself. Before I could move the mission ended, saying I was armed. Then I reappeared on the carrier deck but I cant do anything - there are no orders or anything. I am stuck there :(